IGNORED

Sparkling Adventures in Child Neglect - "Gayby" on Board

happy atheist

Discussion about the surrogacy starts here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22687

Other Lauren Fisher discussion can be found here: viewforum.php?f=259

Super Sparkling Unschooler Lauren Fisher drives around Australia in a van with her 4 daughters. She is currently pregnant with a quasi-legal surrogate baby she is having for a gay couple in Iceland. Very soon she will be abandoning the bus and dragging the children on an odyssey through China and Europe on her way to give birth in Iceland.

Did I mention that two years ago her husband killed their infant son and has been held in a psychiatric facility ever since? And that the baby she is carrying is a boy that is due right around poor dead Elijah's birthday?

Lauren is "rethinking everything" which is code for rejecting the strict Christian dogma she was raised with and replacing it with strict hippie dogma.

Recent topics of conversation here at FJ:

The surrogacy, of course.

Educational neglect.

Lice.

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reading about having to comb the girls' hair for lice made my skin crawl. A few years ago I was working in a school that had lice that was going around. During a lesson a group of children started giggling and/or squealing that something was gross. I went over to investigate and found a boy with a very bad case of lice. He was scratching them off of his head onto his desk and then smashing them with his eraser. My co-teacher looked behind his ears and they were CRAWLING with lice.

Just a comment on Marianne's post from the other thread - thank you Marianne, you helped me work out why I am so offended by Lauren teaching her children that cows in an abattoir are comparable to people being killed simply because other people don't like them.

As for the unschooling -someone needs to tell all those silly people in the third world to stop struggling for the right to an education for their kids. Hanging around on an iPad all day is good enough. Well, that and taxpayer funded centre link and Medicare benefits

Discussion about the surrogacy starts here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=22687

Other Lauren Fisher discussion can be found here: viewforum.php?f=259

Super Sparkling Unschooler Lauren Fisher drives around Australia in a van with her 4 daughters. She is currently pregnant with a quasi-legal surrogate baby she is having for a gay couple in Iceland. Very soon she will be abandoning the bus and dragging the children on an odyssey through China and Europe on her way to give birth in Iceland.

Did I mention that two years ago her husband killed their infant son and has been held in a psychiatric facility ever since? And that the baby she is carrying is a boy that is due right around poor dead Elijah's birthday?

Lauren is "rethinking everything" which is code for rejecting the strict Christian dogma she was raised with and replacing it with strict hippie dogma.

Recent topics of conversation here at FJ:

The surrogacy, of course.

Educational neglect.

Lice.

Your 're-caps' bring me so much joy and they really help too. I was trying to explain Lauren and 'freejinger; to a friend and found myself at a loss for words, so I just printed out your last few Sparkling re-caps and they succinctly covered everything! You're a genius.

OT: ha, I just have to say, I love your new thread recaps. :D

Your 're-caps' bring me so much joy and they really help too. I was trying to explain Lauren and 'freejinger; to a friend and found myself at a loss for words, so I just printed out your last few Sparkling re-caps and they succinctly covered everything! You're a genius.

I'm glad my efforts are appreciated. :embarrassed:

It's nice to know my sparkling habit is good for something.

In Lauren's defense (I feel like hell has frozen over, never thought I would say these words) I don't know if the girls actually have lice. I read it as more of a precautionary check. Like she was just making sure they didn't have them. A lot of people check their kids for evidence of lice so they can catch them quickly if they have them.

That could be true. Lice like clean hair after all, and Lauren's kids aren't exactly squeaky clean.

On a slightly related note, I hope her poor rats don't have mites.

Are the rats still alive? Wonder what will happen to them when the big trips abroad take place.

They were mentioned in the post on the 17th.

I'm sure there's any number of sparkling, authentic leghumpers to babysit her rats.... probably the same people who will let her park her bus. :mouse-shock:

The situation with the rats really worries me. No doubt one of her misguided followers will take them on for her (although I'm terrified of what she'd do if they couldn't find a rat sitter), but will they be educated enough to enforce an effective quarantine?

One of the rats died very young and we don't know why. If the rat died of an infectious illness like myco, her other rats will be infected. Any rats they come into contact with will probably also be infected even if they're not in the same room, unless specific steps are taken to ensure the Sparklerats are kept away from any other rats in a proper quarantine.

Lauren would have no idea if her rats were carrying myco (sometimes rats will have no symptoms, and even if they are symptomatic unless it's advanced the symptoms are generally the occasional sneeze and slight lethargy), so anyone who babysits the Sparklerats will probably assume the rats have no health issues. A lot of casual rat owners wouldn't think to enforce a quarantine to protect their own rats.

The best thing that could happen is they go to a family that is familiar with rats but has none of their own currently, and Lauren asks them to keep the rats/forgets about them. Then they can get the girls checked for any illnesses, get them spayed inf they're healthy enough, and they can live a happy life and won't have to endure another Australian summer in a fucking van.

This depresses me so much. I'm going to cuddle with my non-sparkly rat now.

Then they can get the girls checked for any illnesses, get them spayed inf they're healthy enough, and they can live a happy life and won't have to endure another Australian summer in a fucking van.

I took this so mean "get the human children checked for illnesses" and it went in a really weird direction. :lol:

There's also a post about leaving the rats with friends. She specifically mentions that there are two rats, which means one is unaccounted for. Let's hope it ran away and was adopted.

I really and sincerely hope that Centrelink is in fact notified when she leaves the country and cuts off her pursestrings when she violates the time limit she's allowed to be out of the country with those girls before she loses the payments.

Are you fucking kidding me? In what world is this appropriate behavior?

post-2315-14451999378423_thumb.jpg

And this on instagram:

post-2315-14451999378684_thumb.jpg

sparklingadventures 1 of 2: Raw evidence of someone's self-determined sense of beauty! I'm thrilled that my 8yo feels so free and confident in herself that she deliberately orchestrates a personalised style that makes her feel happy! Happy birthday to Brioni for August 25th! 14h

The problem being, of course, that Brioni is not confident in her personal style. She wears a hat or hood at all times to keep her hair covered.

I wonder if Brioni keeps cutting her hair because of the lice. Maybe she thinks that if she removes her hair the lice will go away? That and the hat-wearing. I remember a kid in 4th grade had lice and we'd sit there and laugh at him when we saw bugs in his hair. We had a nickname for him, I wish I could remember, and we'd taunt him with the nickname and run away during recess.

For some reason that memory just came flooding back when I saw the cut hair in the sink with scissors and I have to wonder if those teasing girls were actually teasing her because she had visible lice...hence the haircuts and hats. It breaks my heart.

We’ve been preparing for our trip to China for months. Originally we were going to visit our extended family who reside there, but in the last month they’ve relocated elsewhere.

She's mentioned this before. It makes me think of something Rodney Dangerfield might have had in his routines, like his line "When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them."

What must people think if she just shows up, I wonder . . .

[bBvideo 560,340:prqs07ht]

[/bBvideo]

(knocking) Oh, shit!

Well, well, well, look who's here!

I wish I’d had time to be nowhere near!

If I knew you were comin' I'd have flown the coop,

nickywhoop, flown the coop!

If I knew you were comin' I'd have flown the coop.

Toodle-oo, toodle-oo, and hoo-roo!

Had you dropped me a letter, I'd have hidden quick,

’Cause I know you’re a dick.

Had you dropped me a letter, I'd have hidden quick.

And spread the word to elude you.

No, I don't have room for parking,

This is not a feeding trough.

So please take your sparkling chatter --

I don’t want to hear you natter --

And nick, nick, nick right off!

If I knew you were comin' I'd have flown the coop,

Hidden quick, sailed my sloop.

If I knew you were comin' I'd have flown the coop

Toodle-oo, toodle-oo, and hoo-roo!

I just can't imagine willingly inviting a group of people into my home that have lice. :?

"The bus is now empty of all our belongings. Friends will be using it while we're out of the country."

Translation: "It will be parked on someone's property for the months and months we're gone."

From her post about her trip to China:

We’ve been preparing for our trip to China for months. Originally we were going to visit our extended family who reside there, but in the last month they’ve relocated elsewhere.

Yesss...mysteriously relocated in the last month. Totally not avoiding you, Lauren...

Archived