IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 3

happy atheist

(speaking of which it would be nice to see the first post get an update if a mod has time for it since it hasn't seen one in two months

Erin Paine needs to be added to the pregnancy list. Also, maybe we can add the # of the child in the recently gave birth list like Whitney Bates - name of baby, birth date, child #?

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The #6 graphic is not on Courtney's FB anymore. I wonder if something happened. The #5 for Cash is still showing in her photos, but I did not find a trace of a 6 anywhere.

How did you know?

They posted it on their insta, stevenrloomis. I admit I check up on them, she's had such trouble with her pregnancies and unlike Beth Lane and Mel Maxwell, doesn't seem to be having any easier time of it now then she did before.

The #6 graphic is not on Courtney's FB anymore. I wonder if something happened. The #5 for Cash is still showing in her photos, but I did not find a trace of a 6 anywhere.

On her blog Facebook page she just announced that they are expecting another fall baby.

Looks like Rebekah Thomas is pregnant with #4. She posted a pic of her boys on facebook yesterday and a couple people posted comments congratulating her on number 4.

In very sad news, Rebecca Loomis delivered a stillborn baby named Ezra at home.....it was on their FB page....

Oh, that's so sad. I feel terribly for them.

In very sad news, Rebecca Loomis delivered a stillborn baby named Ezra at home.....it was on their FB page....

It's not a still birth, it's a miscarriage. She was 15 weeks.

It's sad but this obsession with them acting like 15 weeks is the same as 40 weeks annoys me. I don't play the sad Olympics. Your shit feels bad to you so it doesn't matter. But I can assure you, women don't normally deliver an actual stillbirth at home. If you far enough along to be classified a stillbirth I have found (having delivered two who were not living) it to be extraordinarily difficult in contrast to a live birth.

Yes it's sad and I am sorry for them. But no it isn't a stillbirth.

It's not a still birth, it's a miscarriage. She was 15 weeks.

It's sad but this obsession with them acting like 15 weeks is the same as 40 weeks annoys me. I don't play the sad Olympics. Your shit feels bad to you so it doesn't matter. But I can assure you, women don't normally deliver an actual stillbirth at home. If you far enough along to be classified a stillbirth I have found (having delivered two who were not living) it to be extraordinarily difficult in contrast to a live birth.

Yes it's sad and I am sorry for them. But no it isn't a stillbirth.

FWIW, Steven and Rebecca posted it as "born at home" and that "his soul had already gone home to be at rest with the Lord". They never said it was a stillbirth, but also never called it a miscarriage.

The last time we knew she miscarried, i think we figured out she was more like 5 months along. I wonder what they did in that case? Were they home, at the hospital (even though they prefer doing all this birthin' stuff at home)? And then do they have a service and burial (like Zsu and PP did?)?

Poor Rebecca. At this rate, it would seem she's not going to get the brood her mother did.

And I just looked up the difference between miscarriage and stillbirth. What I read was that it is considered a stillbirth only after 20 weeks of gestation and a miscarriage up to that point. Further, that the causes of miscarriage and stillbirth are usually very different.

I'm sorry for your losses, Treemom. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been.

And I just looked up the difference between miscarriage and stillbirth. What I read was that it is considered a stillbirth only after 20 weeks of gestation and a miscarriage up to that point. Further, that the causes of miscarriage and stillbirth are usually very different.

I'm sorry for your losses, Treemom. I can't imagine how difficult that must have been.

Thanks. And yes the causes are different usually. It does suck for them though, that doesn't change no matter what word you use. Losing a wanted pregnancy at any stage can be very difficult. (I said can, some people may not find it difficult. After my termination and stillbirth I found my miscarriages considerably less traumatic than the miscarriages before those. YMMV of course as it always does with feelings and emotions)

Yes, I didnt mean to offend anyone....I was using their terms I guess. I do agree that is was a miscarriage but is till very painful. I think what is most upsetting is that due to their theology Rebecca is likely to keep experiencing these. She obviously has trouble with pregnancy and many people would look at their two children and stop with that. I feel for Rebecca because not only does she have to deal with the physical aspects of a difficult pregnancy but then also the emotional aspects of multple miscarriages AND maintaining her household.

Yes, I didnt mean to offend anyone....I was using their terms I guess. I do agree that is was a miscarriage but is till very painful. I think what is most upsetting is that due to their theology Rebecca is likely to keep experiencing these. She obviously has trouble with pregnancy and many people would look at their two children and stop with that. I feel for Rebecca because not only does she have to deal with the physical aspects of a difficult pregnancy but then also the emotional aspects of multple miscarriages AND maintaining her household.

Sucky theology, that's for sure. The Loomii seem to be having such wonderful times with the two children God has chosen to give them (my theology) and I hope that they live day by day, rejoicing in the two children's lives and growing process, and letting the souls (again, my theology, not looking to persuade nor discuss) of the ones that didn't make it, rest in peace.

Steven once posted the beginnings of their courtship story at about the time of their wedding in November 2009 (srloomis.com/blog/2009/10/%E2%80%9Cthe-story%E2%80%9D-part-1). Part 2 was never posted, AFAIK, but the timeline is fairly clear from Part I. Assuming Rebecca was 22-23 when they first met (2003) and 24-25 (2005) when Steven first asked to court her, she spent an additional four years as an unpaid nanny/housekeeper/business manager. This means she married at about age 29.

Given their beliefs, the Loomii started in on trying to have a family immediately. Unfortunately, although they do have the two adorable children, Rebecca has now suffered through 2-3 miscarriages. One really has to wonder if the delayed marriage made everything more difficult for her. Bottom line is that in reading Steven's account, it looks like Marcus & Cheryl Serven had a lot more to do with "perfect timing" than God.

Such a terrible theology in so many destructive ways.

I am very sorry for Rebecca that she lost a wanted pregnancy. I cannot imagine the pain; especially since in her world there is so much tied to it. At the same time, I can't help but feel grateful that one less human will be born into that world.

Has there been any news about Elissa Maxwell? I've been waiting for news but haven't heard any. I'm wondering if I've missed an announcement or if there hasn't been one. Not that I want them to rush or anything but I can't imagine it's going to be long.

Has there been any news about Elissa Maxwell? I've been waiting for news but haven't heard any. I'm wondering if I've missed an announcement or if there hasn't been one. Not that I want them to rush or anything but I can't imagine it's going to be long.

Nope. I'm sure she's pregnant (why wouldn't she be? LOL), but my guess is they are waiting for NR-Anna to give birth in the next couple of weeks before they announce. They wouldn't want to steal her thunder, you know?

If Elissa isn't pregnant yet you can bet your 401k they spend every day trying. Reproducing is her only true value. But neither Christopher nor Nathan impregnated their wives right off the bat - without even considering the fertility issues of Melanie - so I'm guessing the Maxwell clan isn't as adored by their god as they want to believe - and want everyone else to believe. It takes actual human effort to become pregnant and their god doesn't seem to give it to them in a breath.

I don't for a second think they're preventing pregnancy, but I also don't doubt for a second that they are not as blessed by their god as they like to claim - ya gotta' do the deed if you want the baby and it's not automatic, for anyone. Not even a Maxwell.

If Elissa isn't pregnant yet you can bet your 401k they spend every day trying. Reproducing is her only true value. But neither Christopher nor Nathan impregnated their wives right off the bat - without even considering the fertility issues of Melanie - so I'm guessing the Maxwell clan isn't as adored by their god as they want to believe - and want everyone else to believe. It takes actual human effort to become pregnant and their god doesn't seem to give it to them in a breath.

I don't for a second think they're preventing pregnancy, but I also don't doubt for a second that they are not as blessed by their god as they like to claim - ya gotta' do the deed if you want the baby and it's not automatic, for anyone. Not even a Maxwell.

They are not allowed to spend all day trying. They have ceiling fans to dust and prayer time. They have to keep their lust to their designated sex times on the schedule Steve set.

I know Nathan & Melanie had lots of trouble with pregnancy. Chris & Anna may not have started straight away but they're having the first three in pretty close succession. I was expecting the same of Joe.

• happy atheist locked this topic
  • Curious unpinned this topic

Archived