IGNORED

Upcoming Babies Part 3

happy atheist

NachosFlandersStyle, I love your name.

Serenity Rose and Destiny Devine: both destined to be strippers.

Which brings the question of what poor Vision O'YHWH is destined to be. Cult leader seems to be coming out on top...

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which brings the question of what poor Vision O'YHWH is destined to be. Cult leader seems to be coming out on top...

Do they have a blog?

Do they have a blog?

They used to have (it might have been named "Wilkinsons for Jesus" or something like that) but then it went private after the birth of Jerusalem Song a couple of years ago. I don't know if they blog publicly somewhere these days. Sometimes I wonder what they are up to since they were one of my first fundie gateway families. Their frontier-style life and self-sufficiency in the woods of Alaska was interesting to read.

Vision O'YHWH is my all time #1 favorite fundie name. The Wilkinsons are the Frank Zappa of fundie baby names.

How do you pronounce that name?

How do you pronounce that name?

It's Hebrew. Pronounced as "Yahweh"

Although I thought if you were Jewish you didn't say it?

It's also translated as JHVH/JHWH which is sometimes translated to Jehovah

It's Hebrew. Pronounced as "Yahweh"

Although I thought if you were Jewish you didn't say it?

It's also translated as JHVH/JHWH which is sometimes translated to Jehovah

In Hebrew, it's vowels were not recorded (since written hebrew typically does not include them) so there is no official pronunciation and it is not to be spoken/written as a sign of respect (at least that's what my shaky Hebrew/Sunday school education remembers).

In Hebrew, it's vowels were not recorded (since written hebrew typically does not include them) so there is no official pronunciation and it is not to be spoken/written as a sign of respect (at least that's what my shaky Hebrew/Sunday school education remembers).

Ah. I think it's wrong to name your child something that would be disrespectful to someone else. Someone upthread said it better.

Wouldn't it be the same if I gave my child the middle name - God?

Well, to be perfectly fair, a lot of Biblical names do have parts of G-d's name in them, including parts of the 4-letter divine name. Elijah - "my G-d is JH"; Isaiah - "JH is Salvation"; Jonathan "JHV gave" Nehemiah "JH comforts" (the letter J doesn't actually exist in Hebrew and the letter used in the name is actually a Y sound, but I'm sticking to English translations for simplicity.)

But, yeah, the whole name written out is sort of disrespectful. Fortunately, she's using English letters, so while Jews would roll their eyes at it, I don't think anyone would find it actually offensive.

Haha. The thought that something should be avoided because it might offend someone else is pretty low on the fundie agenda (in fact, most fundies I know openly scoff at the idea). Unless we're talking about someone else marrying their same sex partner or otherwise ignoring _the fundies' _ delicate sensibilities. That's completely different of course.

Thank you!

I understand using some Biblical names, like David meaning "loved by god", or something along those lines, but do agree the whole name written out is sort of disrespectful.

I think "Vision of YHWH" is supposed read as a whole and they probably considered it a strange Anglo Hebrew hybrid equivalent of Nathaniel, or Gabriel,or Emmanuel. Or Theodore if you want to change languages. They'd probably never dream of using just YHWH or even Jesus as a straight out name.

The Loomii have announced for the summer. Their 3rd child, 4th pregnancy.

Interesting that the sister in Wisconsin apparently still has two. She married half a year before the L's, so by Dominionistic Math (The Only Math That Counts!) she should be on #5, easily.

Edited to eliminate redundant redundancy

Elizabeth has three....they never announced it. I found it through Emily Serven's FB page where she posted a picture of their 3...That was awhile ago so she very well could be on number 4 by now.

Have we heard about Blair and Taylor Tsantles fourth? That would be 4 in less than 3 years for her.

Poor Rebecca...that will still be 3 in 3 years right? I cant imagine. Mine are 2.5 years apart, I cant imagine having another one along with homeschooling, cleaning, cooking and being tethered at home like these women are.

Looks like Olivia Webster can be moved from the "currently knocked up" to the "recently queefed out a fuck trophy/waiting to get knocked up again" list if Alyssa Webster's Instagram family photo is anything to go by. If I'm recognizing the woman correctly, she's holding a newborn looking infant. Poor Taliban Dan isn't going to be able to remember all his grandkid's names in a few years. Though judging by the photo a few of his sons and wives have tween looking kiddos and seem to have STOPPED at a reasonable number or at least spaced their children much more reasonably. Hopefully Olivia and Alyssa will be influenced by these in-laws after having a few kids then "mysteriously" becoming "infertile".

Steven and Rebecca truly are as pretentious and pompous as the Botkins - taken from their description on the Instagram: "Reforming health, technology, and music." Who do these dickheads think they are? Modern day Renaissance geniuses? :angry-banghead:

I think 'reforming ' in this context is as much about making health, tech and music acceptable to the 'Reformed' mindset as anything else.

In other words, they're doing the same thing as the writers and musos that produce work for the

'Christian' market: basically taking a popular mainstream product and tweaking it a bit so as not to offend the sensibilities of the special snowflake market.

It earns lots of acclaim but doesn't require much talent.

I just happened to see Megan Valenti Froemming is due in January, right in time for her first wedding anniversary. I'm not on twitter or instagram or wherever they do social media and I didn't see it here on FJ either.

froemmingfamily.com/about-us.php

Laura Munck had her twin daughters on 12/23.

Olivia and Emma were born at 34 weeks gestation and are in the NICU, but doing well.

Bethany Lane is knocked up again. I aplogize if it's already been posted. I looked briefly and saw nothing.

Girl = make the babies

Rebecca of the Loomii is in current danger of miscarrying "Baby Worship." I don't know how her parents can live with themselves, knowing they delayed her marriage by 3 or 4 years. Hope she & the unborn one make it.

Meredith Hammer (nee Alexander) is having a girl. She has been pinning pink quilting patterns, and then I noticed that her board 'sweet little girl of mine' has been changed to 'sweet little girls of mine'.

• happy atheist locked this topic
  • Curious unpinned this topic

Archived