IGNORED

Michelle Duggar's offensive robocall on trans people MERGED

Kitchen Princess

I'm sure there ARE a few, but she seems to think that being a transgender person, specifically male-to-female (doesn't she realize it can go the other way too?), is what makes a sex offender, just like how being gay is the same as being into bestiality. Now what pastor was it again who was soliciting for dog sex?

Well, it's more so that she doesn't think that trans people exist. She just thinks that a trans woman is just a man in drag, which in her eyes is wrong.

Forgive me if I missed it, but did anyone else notice on J'chelle's "16 things I pray for my children" (on duggarsblog) what #16 was?

"16. That our boys would be glad to be boys and our girls glad to be girls"

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it's more so that she doesn't think that trans people exist. She just thinks that a trans woman is just a man in drag, which in her eyes is wrong.

I've noticed that a lot with people who are very ignorant about gender. Drag queens are very, very different from trans women (from what I've heard, most drag queens are cisgender men and do not intend to live their lives as women, except for performance; that's why many drag queens are so over-the-top). Trans women identify as female and live their everyday lives as female, because that's who they are inside. It's not an act or a performance - it's their identity. People confusing transgender with drag queen is one of my biggest pet peeves, because it causes real pain to real people.

Though I cackle at the thought of Michelle's head exploding if she ever learns about genderqueer/genderfluid/agender people. And can we arrange for her to meet RuPaul or any of the contestants on RuPaul's Drag Race? That would cause an atomic head explosion.

All I can say is bitch, please. You have a lesbian sister, your religious idol has been accused of sexually assaulting and harassing young women (which could include your own daughters), and another who raped the live in nanny! STFU you delusional, hypocritical bitch!

Sorry Duggars, the city council approved the anti discrimination bill! Suck it!

Tho, this kind of bill was attempted before in 1998. It would have protected homosexuals from discrimination in hiring and firing by the city. It passed the council, but was vetoed by the mayor, and the council overturned his veto. It was then put on that year's November ballot via petition signatures, where it lost, 58% to 42%. So they're not exactly in the clear on this...

• 2 weeks later...

ooh, sorry about that....I was surprised when I searched for it on here and I didn't see anything, I guess I missed the thread. I haven't been on here in a long while.

• 1 month later...

well looks like there is even more to the robot call money spent to fight this. really the duggers hate anyone not like them and if one of their kids come out of the closet will feel really sorry for them.

http://www.fayettevilleflyer.com/2014/1 ... -election/

With pre-election fundraising reports now in, it’s time to see how much money candidates have raised for their City Council campaigns in Fayetteville.

State law requires any opposed municipal candidate who received or spent more than $500 to file official reports with the County Clerk’s office. As part of the requirements, each candidate must list all contributions over $50 and all expenditures over $100.

According to finance and expenditure reports filed this week with the Washington County Clerk’s office, Fayetteville candidates have raised more than $44,000, almost one-fourth of which came from Springdale residents Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar.

The Duggars, who are featured in the TV show “19 Kids and Counting,†have so far donated $10,000 toward the campaigns of the three most outspoken opponents to Fayetteville’s new Civil Rights Administration ordinance. The Duggars gave $2,000 to John La Tour, and $4,000 to both Joshua Crawford and Paul Phaenuef.

The new law would prohibit business owners and landlords from unjustly firing or evicting someone because of their sexual orientation, gender identity and other characteristics.

The ordinance was passed by the Fayetteville City Council on Aug. 20, but a group called Repeal 119 gathered enough signatures to put the new law to a Dec. 9 public vote.

La Tour, Crawford, and Phaneuf have all said they oppose the ordinance and were each listed as contacts on a press release for Repeal 119.

It’s not the first time the Duggars have come into Fayetteville in an apparent attempt to help repeal the new law.

Shortly before the council vote in August, Michelle Duggar narrated a robocall sent to Fayetteville residents that claimed the new civil rights law would affect the safety of women and children. In the call, Duggar echoed the claims of several local pastors who said protections based on gender identity could lead to men using women’s restrooms or showers, and that the ordinance would be “opening a door†for pedophiles and sexual predators who wish to abuse people.

Buying politicians isn't new. Look at the amount of outside spending being poured in the NC Senate Race this year.

What's more offensive is J'chelle's message. That's far more disturbing and misleading.

Buying politicians isn't new. Look at the amount of outside spending being poured in the NC Senate Race this year.

What's more offensive is J'chelle's message. That's far more disturbing and misleading.

I agree but look how much money they spend on something that has no effect on them since they don't live there

• 6 months later...

1. Just wanted to bump this thread.

2. There are some great Instagram posts regarding this and the recent Josh scandal.

3. She is just awful.

Thinking about the hypocrisy drives me insane. And it bothers me more that TLC could bring back 19KAC (obviously call it something else bc poof Josh is gone so everything is fine again ug) without Josh knowing that if there is a family thing, he's there, just not on camera, so that's another lie. And further still have JB & JC on spouting their nonsense about what their morals considering their involvement in this mess.

JB, Jchelle, and Josh remind me of those ethics questions you get in high school or college... like with the frog couple and a snake or whatever. But basically rank who is the worse.

1. Just wanted to bump this thread.

2. There are some great Instagram posts regarding this and the recent Josh scandal.

3. She is just awful.

The Josh thing sheds new light on Michelle's idiocy. I wonder if her fear of men/predators being able to enter women's washrooms was informed by the fact that her son creeped on her own daughters. Maybe having a child molestor for a son and isolating herself and her family from the outside world has warped her understanding of "men's desires" so she thinks they're all scumbags like Josh who are out to sexually assault girls - not that Josh is the exception. No, that might suggest that even the great Michelle Duggar could raise a sexual deviant!

I also wonder to what degree the Duggar's extreme anti-touching-until-marriage views were shaped by what Josh did, and if the reason the girls all elected to live in the same bedroom in TTH was because they didn't want to sleep alone. How much of their crazily excessive take on "modesty" is actually because the entire family was bending over backwards to accommodate a child molester?

From the main thread, copying and pasting, thanks to hancat:

Giving up my lurker status because I finally have something to add to the conversation :dance:

If you look further back on her insta, you can see Melissa (supposedly the reporter from In Touch) reach out to her for Duggar dirt 4 weeks ago:

QzKrNX5.jpg

And then according to her, she and Melissa worked together to get the evidence (I think this part was already posted):

p9yjxqd.jpg

In recent posts she thanks both In Touch and Melissa for the help in getting the story out. If this is in fact where it started from, kudos to both of them! I reeeeally want to believe that this all came about because of Michelle's idiotic robo calls.

viewtopic.php?p=953379#p953379

Maybe having a child molestor for a son and isolating herself and her family from the outside world has warped her understanding of "men's desires" so she thinks they're all scumbags like Josh who are out to sexually assault girls - not that Josh is the exception. No, that might suggest that even the great Michelle Duggar could raise a sexual deviant!

I also wonder to what degree the Duggar's extreme anti-touching-until-marriage views were shaped by what Josh did, and if the reason the girls all elected to live in the same bedroom in TTH was because they didn't want to sleep alone. How much of their crazily excessive take on "modesty" is actually because the entire family was bending over backwards to accommodate a child molester?

I've wondered the same things.

I mean, who would have thought a little protest....

http://www.sheknows.com/living/articles ... in-protest

"Both protests were reportedly sparked when Michelle Duggar threw her support behind a campaign to block an ordinance in Arkansas that would have protected gays from discrimination. Her high school classmate from the '80s, Sherryl McFerrin, was so angry about her role in killing the ordinance that she convinced her sister, Tandra Barnfield, and Tandra's girlfriend, Samantha Munzy, to pose for the lesbian kiss picture in front of the Duggar house and posted it online."

and y'all, did you see the last part of this paragraph??

"In addition to Michelle Duggar's anti-LGBT activism, her son, 26-year-old Josh Duggar, is executive director of the Family Research Council Action and even led a rally held by the group to oppose marriage equality.

P.S.: Michelle Duggar's sister, 63-year-old Evelyn, is a lesbian."

https://www.linkedin.com/pub/melissa-roberto/46/60a/925

Melissa Roberto

Reporter at Bauer Publishing

Greater New York City AreaEntertainment

Current

Bauer Media Group - USA, wochit, Elite Daily

Previous

Bauer Media Group - USA, CBS Radio, Rivereast News Bulletin

Education

Assumption College

Websites

Personal Website

Dedicated and self-motivated reporter for three national entertainment magazines: In Touch Weekly, Life&Style Weekly and Closer Weekly.

The other thread has moved so quickly. I suppose we will never know HOW they knew about Josh :think:

I believe her mother went to high school with Michelle, and that people in town knew about the allegations for a while now.

I believe her mother went to high school with Michelle, and that people in town knew about the allegations for a while now.

By people in the town, do you mean just general people? Not necessarily all fundies?

I hope if someone outside the Duggars' own religious community knew, they would've spoken up sooner. But then again, I'm sure there is some sort of pressure to act supportive of them in that area? Either as the local celebs or as (until recently!) "model" Christians? Maybe someone from that area can fill me in.

Archived