IGNORED

Michelle Duggar's offensive robocall on trans people MERGED

Kitchen Princess

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:dance: Duggars lose! Fayetteville passes new anti-discrimination ordinance!

http://5newsonline.com/2015/09/08/fayet ... ordinance/

(link not broken bc news source)

Congrats Fayetteville!\\ :hug4: :gay-rainbow: :greetings-clappingyellow: :gay-color:

According to the article, there are a bunch of exemptions for religious groups, which I'm not fond of. I don't think there should be exemptions when other people's civil rights are on the line.

The Duggars have their home classified as a church correct? If that's the case they filed as a 501c3 tax exempt status.

These restrictions would apply:

-The organization must be organized and operated exclusively for religious, educational, scientific, or other charitable purposes

-Net earnings may not inure to the benefit

of any private individual or shareholder

-No substantial part of its activity may be attempting to influence legislation

-The organization may not intervene in political campaigns

-The organization’s purposes and activities may not be illegal or violate fundamental public policy

I am by no means an expert at tax law, but it seems they have broken a few of these. If i'm wrong please tell me.

The Duggars have their home classified as a church correct? If that's the case they filed as a 501c3 tax exempt status.

These restrictions would apply:

-The organization must be organized and operated exclusively for religious, educational, scientific, or other charitable purposes

-Net earnings may not inure to the benefit

of any private individual or shareholder

-No substantial part of its activity may be attempting to influence legislation

-The organization may not intervene in political campaigns

-The organization’s purposes and activities may not be illegal or violate fundamental public policy

I am by no means an expert at tax law, but it seems they have broken a few of these. If i'm wrong please tell me.

I'm the last person to defend the Duggars, but no church is forced to file for tax-exempt status. There are religious groups that don't so they can be free to be politically active. I've never seen a credible report confirming that the Duggars do this, and in fact there would be some real advantages to not doing so--not only would they be free to meddle politically, they'd be exempt from mandatory reporting regulations that apply to churches.

[quote="Themiscyran"

I'm the last person to defend the Duggars, but no church is forced to file for tax-exempt status. There are religious groups that don't so they can be free to be politically active. I've never seen a credible report confirming that the Duggars do this, and in fact there would be some real advantages to not doing so--not only would they be free to meddle politically, they'd be exempt from mandatory reporting regulations that apply to churches.

Wow, it's so great how Michelle was working to protect children from sexual predators. I mean, everyone knows transpeople in bathrooms just want to molest children, not like they just want to pee or anything. Good thing Michelle is there to look out for children's safety.

Wow, it's so great how Michelle was working to protect children from sexual predators. I mean, everyone knows transpeople in bathrooms just want to molest children, not like they just want to pee in safety or anything. Good thing Michelle is there to look out for children's safety.

Added phrase to emphasize that trans people need safety in bathrooms. They are not the threat; they are the threatened.

Very true. I read somewhere that transpeople are more likely than anyone to be victims of sexual assault, something like 75% report being victims. Serious wtf. Transpeople aren't trying to do anything to your child in a bathroom. In fact, as was proven in the Duggar house (and mine too) children are more likely to be victimized at home than anywhere else. Maybe she should focus on keeping children safe in their own homes. Starting with her own.

Archived