IGNORED

Michelle Duggar's offensive robocall on trans people MERGED

Kitchen Princess

sigh. Jezebel and such picking it up is nice.

But what will it take for a mainstream media outlet to pick it up and tell the world that these people are bat shit fucking crazy hypocritical hate mongers?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to admit, I'm curious about which nutjob they are going to endorse during the presidential primary. That will be entertaining. :popcorn2:

Louie Gohmert or Rand Paul would be right up their alley. Smuggar had a photo on Twitter recently where he's hanging with Gov. Perry.

But it was OK for Jackson to be sent alone to a public men's room at Newark Airport, get lost, and no one notice until a crew member heard the airport announcement?

They need to learn that there are two types of marriage. The first is civil. It's what you get when you go to to the court house and get a state issued marriage license. The second type is religious. They are only tied together if you choose to have both.

Churches will always have the power to choose who they marry. :angry-banghead:

can you please tell America this.

Women ml can molest too. And what are the odd of a stranger molesting a child in a restroom. In most sexually abuse cases the child knows the abuser. The abuser gains the child's tryst over a period of time.i guess michelle should stop taking trips to places and let all of her kids stay at home. Since she's so scared of so me one molesting children. Maybe she can join the Maxwells.

Women ml can molest too. And what are the odd of a stranger molesting a child in a restroom. In most sexually abuse cases the child knows the abuser. The abuser gains the child's tryst over a period of time.i guess michelle should stop taking trips to places and let all of her kids stay at home. Since she's so scared of so me one molesting children. Maybe she can join the Maxwells.

Shes not scared enough about people molesting her kids. Gothard could easily have molested any of her five oldest daughters when they were on Journey to the Heart. With strangers in a public bathroom, you can at least know that 99% of them are harmless, but they ignore everything that says Gothard is a sexual predator and still send their daughters to him dressed up in a way he finds sexually attractive. There is more chance that one of Michelle's kids will be molested by Gothard, than there is of them being molested by a crossdressing male sex offender in the ladies bathrooms.

Call me dense, but are there actually laws that prohibit opposite sexes from using one anothers bathrooms? I've been known to duck into the men's room when the women's is busy/occupied...I thought it was at most culturally taboo, but not illegal?

Oh, and J'uterus is a hypocrite of epic proportions. But hey I'm always happy to see her back particular ordinances/candidates and give them her kiss o' death.

ETA: The fact that she seems to think that all (or even most or a few) trans people are sex offenders is DISGUSTING.

I'm sure there ARE a few, but she seems to think that being a transgender person, specifically male-to-female (doesn't she realize it can go the other way too?), is what makes a sex offender, just like how being gay is the same as being into bestiality. Now what pastor was it again who was soliciting for dog sex?

Didn't finish reading all the comments, so this might have been brought up, but the biggest risk of molestation comes from the people we know and trust, people who have private access to our kids and don't have to hurry up. Stranger-molestation is actually rare. I guess stranger-danger is easier to stomach than people-we-trust-danger.

Call me dense, but are there actually laws that prohibit opposite sexes from using one anothers bathrooms? I've been known to duck into the men's room when the women's is busy/occupied...I thought it was at most culturally taboo, but not illegal?

Oh, and J'uterus is a hypocrite of epic proportions. But hey I'm always happy to see her back particular ordinances/candidates and give them her kiss o' death.

Some states do have laws, yes. When I was taking college classes, above every ladies' toilet was a sign about how using the wrong bathroom is a crime punishable by jail and being registered as a sex offender. I was always uncomfortable using the bathrooms there. If the college wasn't in the hills a good ways from any businesses, I'd have left campus to avoid signs that remind me how easy is it for people to be labeled as sex offenders. I think that state now protects transgender people. But still. How many of us ladies have never ducked into the men's room when the women's line was too long, like at a gas station? Oh. My. God. Sex offender.

So Salon has an article as of yesterday (didn't see it posted) I loved the last line: "And that leaves the score at Fayetteville: 1, Michelle Duggar: 0 and counting." :clap: :clap:

salon.com/2014/08/20/michelle_duggars_hateful_anti_transgender_rights_campaign/

Forgive me if I missed it, but did anyone else notice on J'chelle's "16 things I pray for my children" (on duggarsblog) what #16 was?

"16. That our boys would be glad to be boys and our girls glad to be girls"

I saw this and horked before I heard about the robocall. I don't really worry about their political power - because they obviously have little to none - but it really makes my heart break for their children. Those kids not only believe their parents' acceptance of them is conditional, but that any straying from Gothard's curly-hair-long-dress-female and khaki-pants-tucked-in-polo-man gender stereotypes is Biblically "wrong" and will upset their grand creator. I'm not religious myself but was raised in a very conservative, Focus on the Family-loving household and I just don't understand how people can really lead themselves to believe these things. :( How can you see your so called "precious gifts" from God turn into all sorts of wonderfully different adults...and then just tell them to ignore who they are and to all be the same? Blech. I hate wanting them all to marry young but I kind of hope they do just so they have a chance to live life on their own terms. God forbid one of those poor kids is trans, gay, or even just, you know...doesn't want to look exactly like every other fundie.

Forgive me if I missed it, but did anyone else notice on J'chelle's "16 things I pray for my children" (on duggarsblog) what #16 was?

I saw this and horked before I heard about the robocall. I don't really worry about their political power - because they obviously have little to none - but it really makes my heart break for their children. Those kids not only believe their parents' acceptance of them is conditional, but that any straying from Gothard's curly-hair-long-dress-female and khaki-pants-tucked-in-polo-man gender stereotypes is Biblically "wrong" and will upset their grand creator. I'm not religious myself but was raised in a very conservative, Focus on the Family-loving household and I just don't understand how people can really lead themselves to believe these things. :( How can you see your so called "precious gifts" from God turn into all sorts of wonderfully different adults...and then just tell them to ignore who they are and to all be the same? Blech. I hate wanting them all to marry young but I kind of hope they do just so they have a chance to live life on their own terms. God forbid one of those poor kids is trans, gay, or even just, you know...doesn't want to look exactly like every other fundie.

I have a fantasy that one of the boys will grow his hair out and walk around in long white dresses. When Nut and Nutschelle ask him what the hell he's doing, he'll say "Mom, Dad, you guys taught me to be like Jesus. Jesus didn't wear khaki pants."

Have the Duggars actually campaigned for anything that has been successful? I know Jim Bob got elected to office once but I can't remember anything more recent.

I think it's pretty telling that the Duggars don't even have political sway in their own conservative homestate of Arkansas. Their time is over.

Didn't finish reading all the comments, so this might have been brought up, but the biggest risk of molestation comes from the people we know and trust, people who have private access to our kids and don't have to hurry up. Stranger-molestation is actually rare. I guess stranger-danger is easier to stomach than people-we-trust-danger.

Or in her case, Scary Transgender Boogeyperson Danger is easier to stomach than the knowledge that the religious leader she and her family obey and follow without question sexually abuses girls.

The only political power that the Duggars have is their vote. These types of assholes do turn up to vote on election day while those who can oppose them don't vote due to apathy and misinformation.

The only political power that the Duggars have is their vote. These types of assholes do turn up to vote on election day while those who can oppose them don't vote due to apathy and misinformation.

that grows almost daily :cracking-up:

That's sad. Can't you just pray for your child's happiness in general?

I have voted in every local, state, and national election since I turned 18. It's my constitutional right, and I exercise it. I want these Republican bastards voted out of office!

If Mrs. Duggar is so concerned about people preying on women and children, maybe she should look to her own friends first. The founder of the Vision Foundation, which has given her multiple awards for "mother of the year" is now closed because he was involved in a long-term "affair". The affair allegedly began when the woman was 15 years old and involved sexual acts against her will. He has admitted to portions of this. Another close friend of the Duggars. Bill Gothard (I may have the spelling of his name wrong) has also closed his foundation after being sued by 30 women for sexual imposition and sexual harassment.

So hypocritical, Seeing the twig in other's peoples eyes, and not seeing the log in your own.

Archived