IGNORED

Michelle Duggar's offensive robocall on trans people MERGED

Kitchen Princess

anything you could say to them would come off as hating them because they are christian and just following god. the duggers ignore or use any criticism as ammunition to prove how right they are.

Or they'd use it to show how persecuted they are.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, the Duggars. Who else can show their hate, twisted logic, hypocrisy, and disconnect from the real world in one compact robocall?

People have already pointed out some good points, namely that this law has nothing to do with what Michelle is actually talking about and that she is concerned with future hypothetical potential predators when she has been supporting an actual predator for years and continues to do so, even after his actions have come to light.

But, this has also got me wondering, why is it Michelle who seems to be doing much of the politicking on her own? She is the one who protested against the convenience store selling alcohol and now this. Is Jim Bob left out so he can keep his slate cleaner of controversy in case he wants to run for office again one day or do they think Michelle and her MOTY values are more appealing to people?? I guess there is always a third option, but we all know that Michelle is under Jim Bob's headship and can't make decisions without his say so.

I would like to add (in addition to my previous comment) that Michelle has no right to say anything about "sex offenders" using public restrooms. She herself has sent her own daughters to a camp headed by a REAL predator, who insists on spending one-on-one times with each of the girls. Hypocrite.

THIS! If that doesn't qualify as hypocrisy, then I don't know what does.

I would like to add (in addition to my previous comment) that Michelle has no right to say anything about "sex offenders" using public restrooms. She herself has sent her own daughters to a camp headed by a REAL predator, who insists on spending one-on-one times with each of the girls. Hypocrite.

THIS! If that doesn't qualify as hypocrisy, then I don't know what does.

Big logic fail here. How in the world does this legislation prevent a sexual predator from putting on a dress and entering a women's bathroom? Or dressing as a man and entering the men's room?

Keeping your kids safe from sexual predators has everything to do with common sense (go in with your child, choose a well-lit, busy restroom area) and nothing to do with LGBT folks using the same bathroom you use.

But but...that would involve ~responsible parenting~! It's like they don't even acknowledge that women can sexually assault other women or children as well.

Basically, they're saying if men want to dress as women, they should make themselves targets for assault by using the men's restroom. Idiotic and stupid and irresponsible. What about men who actually have had the "plumbing" changed down below but still have masculine features to the face? Are there going to be ~good citizens~ checking everyone that goes into the restroom to make sure they have the right bits?

No such thing the duggers have no clue what transgender is so it is pointless to point out such things. If it does not have jumping like rabbits involved they are clueless.

The ordinance passed in spite of Moochelle's efforts to scare everyone. Once again, the Duggars strike out politically.

I said it in the Jill is pregnant thread, that the announcement of the pregnancy is to take away the negative press about the robo calls.

They are trying to divert the attention.

I love the bit about topless women being allowed at public pools. Quite frankly, I'm in favor of that. It never strikes me as fair that men can take their shirts off in public and women can't.

I am a firm believer in the Fundamental Right To Pee in Public. I think that everyone - transpeople, sex offenders, people with disabilities, homeless people, tourists - should have access to clean, safe facilities. The vast, vast majority of people in public restrooms are simply looking to exercise that right. They aren't looking for trouble - Michelle is.

Fayetteville is my hometown, so this has been all over my newsfeeds for the past few weeks (I even dreamed about it last night!). My former church, which, while very conservative, has always had a policy of not taking any stand on political issues, decided that this issue was important enough to break that policy and sent out a scare e-mail to everyone about how this is going to force churches to marry gay people and let men molest girls in bathrooms. They straight up said that they want people to be able to discriminate based on sexuality with an example of a good Christian woman who would be forced to rent to homosexuals if the ordinance passed.

Churches are exempt as far as their chapels go, but that's not good enough because they're afraid that gay people will insist on being married on other areas of church property. I don't think there are as many gay people wanting to get married by people who hate them as people seem to think...

The bathroom issue is a small part of this ordinance, but I guess pretending they're afraid of men coming to molest little girls sounds better than just admitting they don't want to lose their rights to discriminate against people based on gender or sexuality. :roll:

They need to learn that there are two types of marriage. The first is civil. It's what you get when you go to to the court house and get a state issued marriage license. The second type is religious. They are only tied together if you choose to have both.

Churches will always have the power to choose who they marry. :angry-banghead:

Public restrooms can be very dangerous. You never know when you might find a wide-stanced Republican ex-senator from Idaho in the next cubicle.

I did a search on Duggars and Transphobia but couldn't find anything.

huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/18/michelle-duggar-anti-discrimination-proposal_n_5689840.html

Hello, this is Michelle Duggar. I’m calling to inform you of some shocking news that would affect the safety of Northwest Arkansas women and children. The Fayetteville City Council is voting on an ordinance this Tuesday night that would allow men – yes, I said men – to use women's and girls' restrooms, locker rooms, showers, sleeping areas and other areas that are designated for females only. I don’t believe the citizens of Fayetteville would want males with past child predator convictions that claim they are female to have a legal right to enter private areas that are reserved for women and girls. I doubt that Fayetteville parents would stand for a law that would endanger their daughters or allow them to be traumatized by a man joining them in their private space. We should never place the preference of an adult over the safety and innocence of a child. Parents, who do you want undressing next to your daughter at the public swimming pool’s private changing area?

I can't believe they put so much focus on this public restroom thing. Those can already be dangerous. Trans people aren't going to make it worse. Ugh.

Public restrooms can be very dangerous. You never know when you might find a wide-stanced Republican ex-senator from Idaho in the next cubicle.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well wouldn't these transgender child predators be using the men's room where the little boys are if they are not using the womens room? Maybe Michelle should campaign to have their public restroom privileges suspended altogether . Better yet, we should have christian restrooms and solve the problem for good.

Well wouldn't these transgender child predators be using the men's room where the little boys are if they are not using the womens room? Maybe Michelle should campaign to have their public restroom privileges suspended altogether . Better yet, we should have christian restrooms and solve the problem for good.

You mean restrooms which only wholesome Christians like Bill Gothard could use? Yes, that would really solve the problem, since we all know that godly men like Bill Gothard would never ever touch a child against their will...

Imma drop this here. At least someone who has a voice gets it.

homeschoolersanonymous.wordpress.com/2014/08/20/michelle-duggars-hypocrisy-regarding-sexual-predators/

But, this has also got me wondering, why is it Michelle who seems to be doing much of the politicking on her own? She is the one who protested against the convenience store selling alcohol and now this. Is Jim Bob left out so he can keep his slate cleaner of controversy in case he wants to run for office again one day or do they think Michelle and her MOTY values are more appealing to people?? I guess there is always a third option, but we all know that Michelle is under Jim Bob's headship and can't make decisions without his say so.

She's a poster child for the "think of the children" voting bloc.

I'm trying to remember the last news story I heard or read about a transgender person sexually assaulting a child in a bathroom...or sexually assaulting anyone anywhere. I'm sure it could happen but it doesn't seem like a big public concern.

Michelle might have done a little better with this particular hate campaign if she had just stuck to the theme of "men" in womens bathrooms. Women sometimes get riled up when mothers bring little boys past a certain age into the ladies room so it might not be too hard to drum up some supporters like that. Instead she wants people to believe that all transgender people are sex offenders who will molest your child if only they can get into the ladies room with them. No one is that stupid. Well, almost no one.

This might be the most stupid thing she has said since the jacksonville theory.

Archived