IGNORED

Study on Evangelical Men and Sex Before/After Marriage

Snarkle

Interesting study by Sarah Diefendorf, a secular sociologist, about evangelical men and sex:

newrepublic.com/article/119119/secular-sociologist-studies-evangelical-virgin-men-who-got-married

Incredible how they don't see women as wanting sex or being sexual beings. Wonder how the ATI/VF crowd would view this? And it's equally tragic that if these men have problems with sex, what about their wives who've been promised prince charming?

Interesting study by Sarah Diefendorf, a secular sociologist, about evangelical men and sex:

newrepublic.com/article/119119/secular-sociologist-studies-evangelical-virgin-men-who-got-married

Incredible how they don't see women as wanting sex or being sexual beings. Wonder how the ATI/VF crowd would view this? And it's equally tragic that if these men have problems with sex, what about their wives who've been promised prince charming?

You know, when I first started reading the article I had so many thoughts I wanted to share. By then end, though, I was just tired and sad. So tired of the fundy culture making sex such a burden when it should be such a joyful thing. And sad for the men (and women) who suffer under this system. It never ceases to amaze me how much fundies think about sex. Way more than I do, frankly, and I have a fairly high sex drive.

Oh, do share your thoughts!

I heard an NPR story once where a guy who was an ex-evangelist talked with a friend of his from childhood about what they were told about women, and his friend mentioned how eventually he didn't see women's bodies, just their heads floating like balloons, so he wouldn't be defrauded. Sad how he had to diminish half the human race to body-less heads in order to not be tempted.

Archived