IGNORED

Uncle Ray's Potato Chips (Yes, it's relevant.)

clarinetpower

This one may win the "huh, what?" prize.

It sounds like it's going to be one of those "an elder made me overdo tobacco use so I'd get sick" stories, but it really isn't.

And it starts and ends in left field.

And it sure doesn't teach virtue.

U7xO3hY.jpg

Wait a second, he went into someone's yard without permission and stole some fruit and the lesson he learned was that he needed more self-control??? I thought the 10 commandments were important to fundies or have they been superceded by Gothard's character traits?

And how, exactly, does his grandpa's giving him chewing tobacco make either of them virtuous? It seems like it was just an incredibly stupid thing to do.

Love the peppermint variety! On a hot, sweaty day, taking a shower with that cooling peppermint is heaven. The scented ones are nice, too. But that testimony is rather interesting, isn't it? :shock: Magic All One.

That said, the soap is very good, a little goes a long way (even the bar soap), and it's certified fair trade. I haven't tried the lip balm

Dr Emanuel Bronner was born in Germany to the Heilbronner family who made soap and dropped the Heil from his name when he immigrated to the US in the early 30s. His father was Jewish and he had encouraged his parents to join him. He later got a postcard from his father saying that they should have left when they had the chance. Both parents were killed in the Holocaust.

Dr Bronner took up the family trade and made soap here in the states, too. His religious stuff on the soap packaging seems to have been inspired by his mixed religious upbringing and by the sheer madness of the World around him. I like his soap a lot. Colin Fletcher recommended it in The Complete Walker as being a good all-purpose soap for backpacking. You could even brush your teeth with it although he did recommend that you use toothpaste for this.

Dr Emanuel Bronner was born in Germany to the Heilbronner family who made soap and dropped the Heil from his name when he immigrated to the US in the early 30s. His father was Jewish and he had encouraged his parents to join him. He later got a postcard from his father saying that they should have left when they had the chance. Both parents were killed in the Holocaust.

At first I thought that it was horrible that he felt like he had to change his name, probably due to racism... Then I kept on reading... :(

Found another -- Uncle Ray 'fesses up that he didn't have self control when he was 10:

2861783328_88a17930f1_z.jpg

So Uncle Ray, who is A Gothard guy gleaned some peaches, as a kid, and then felt badly about his lack of self-control.......hmmmm.....what other Gothardite gleans thing lying on the ground, but I guess did not know that was a bad thing :whistle:

So Uncle Ray, who is A Gothard guy gleaned some peaches, as a kid, and then felt badly about his lack of self-control.......hmmmm.....what other Gothardite gleans thing lying on the ground, but I guess did not know that was a bad thing :whistle:

Apparently, neither PecanDavey or Gothard himself have done as well with that whole self-control thing as Uncle Ray.

YxcNqko.jpg

Apparently, neither PecanDavey or Gothard himself have done as well with that whole self-control thing as Uncle Ray.

YxcNqko.jpg

I think I just threw up a little.

Archived