IGNORED

MERGE: Zsu chides Erica of LFOP/Erica of LFOP Annihilated

NotALoserLikeYou

I hate the parenting style that is encouraged by these people. People who claim to fully embrace all things by gods design but can't respond to the natural needs of a newborn baby. I have heard it time and again that it is possible but I don't believe for a second that these breastfeed babies are quiet and content all night as touted. I had a babywise mom tell me she only nurses her infant 4 times a day. 8 , 12, 4, and 8. Like clockwork. Instead of a human being. So he can't be thirsty or hungry off schedule ? Because that is inconvenient to the mom. Darn if he wakes up during his 10 hours of designated sleep time thirsty and mom had to get up. What a shame .

She nurses her infant four times a day?????? Is this kid still alive and not pretty much a skeleton?????

Does she only have four drinks a day? Cause Im sure it is recommended that we drink about 8 glasses a day.

Does she not realise how small babies stomachs are? He has to go 12 hours without any food/drink overnight!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes this woman swears by it and swears he is fat and healthy. Is it true? Idk because this was an online convo where another mom in a group I belong to was having problems with baby being up all night. This mom of 4 piped in with textbook babywise advice and said all the new moms get advice from her because she is an experienced breastfeeder. She said all feedings are initiated by her on this detailed schedule yada yada. Luckily new mom wasn't buying it either but imagine how many do? In my experience this would not be sustainable and would dry up your supply not to mention the poor baby being hungry and thirsty. Almost all the parenting advice I read from fundy parents sucks lol.

it might be really long nursings. my dd used to nurse for over an hour side to side (sorry, tmi lol)

my ds wasn't like that though, and he had to be fed more frequently. But on a newborn, it should definitely be no longer than a couple hours round the clock. Having a newborn is awesome but still just sucks in so many ways :lol:

So this made me thrilled and then Zsu chimed in, also agreeing that this was bad advice, and then taking it to another level that involved bashing Erika for using birth control:

Is this an example of Zsu doing a passive-aggressive Lori Alexander style dig at her husband?

Because if so, awesome. Though justified. I only have the one baby and I breastfed (and my husband had a full-time job, cough), but he still got up at night probably a quarter of the time. If it was a "wet" cry or a "W00T 3:45 AM let's party" cry he handled it, and if she was hungry he'd bring me a little baby bundle to nurse.

At the time I thought this was just normal levels of sweet but now I'm definitely gonna kiss him when he gets back from golf. PP is just the worst.

I have a friend whose husband not only never got up at night, but also brought their one year old to the hospital (mom had just had another baby) whenever she needed a poop diaper changed. Four children and the douche has never changed a diaper.

Is this an example of Zsu doing a passive-aggressive Lori Alexander style dig at her husband?

Because if so, awesome. Though justified. I only have the one baby and I breastfed (and my husband had a full-time job, cough), but he still got up at night probably a quarter of the time. If it was a "wet" cry or a "W00T 3:45 AM let's party" cry he handled it, and if she was hungry he'd bring me a little baby bundle to nurse.

At the time I thought this was just normal levels of sweet but now I'm definitely gonna kiss him when he gets back from golf. PP is just the worst.

We basically had this same arrangement, and I especially loved it with our second. It was our wonderful bonding time with her and her alone, even for Daddy. I've always wondered about something. For those mothers who co-sleep and just pull the baby to them so he/she can nurse, then go right back to sleep; what about the diaper change? We always checked baby's diaper before I nursed and almost always the baby would need a fresh diaper soon after nursing. Do some mothers just skip the diaper changing part when they and their babies get to go right back to sleep?

I have a friend whose husband not only never got up at night, but also brought their one year old to the hospital (mom had just had another baby) whenever she needed a poop diaper changed. Four children and the douche has never changed a diaper.

That's just plain stupid . I can't stand this man based on this statement alone!

That's just plain stupid . I can't stand this man based on this statement alone!

I do have to smile when I imagine what the nurses said about this guy as he left each time.

Why on earth does she keep reproducing with this douche canoe?

We basically had this same arrangement, and I especially loved it with our second. It was our wonderful bonding time with her and her alone, even for Daddy. I've always wondered about something. For those mothers who co-sleep and just pull the baby to them so he/she can nurse, then go right back to sleep; what about the diaper change? We always checked baby's diaper before I nursed and almost always the baby would need a fresh diaper soon after nursing. Do some mothers just skip the diaper changing part when they and their babies get to go right back to sleep?

We just got out of this stage . I still changed them when my babies were only getting breast milk because they pooped just about every feeding. Once they started getting some baby food that stopped so I changed after the last late night feeding - between 10 and 12 pm. Then not again until early morning. They still nursed through the night as needed. It worked out great and my youngest nursed at night until 18 months. Yup sucked to have my sleep interrupted but because my daughter has epilepsy she had difficulty staying asleep and that was the the most comforting thing I could offer her. Unlike Erica I put my daughters needs ahead of my own.

Even my father, who is not known for his domestic prowess, has changed both my and my brother's diapers at one point. I think he might have even gotten up at night to do it, though I'm not 100% sure about that, because this was between my parents, not me.

Also, when my brother was a newborn, I couldn't sleep at night either because I had horrible night terrors about Satan coming to get me. (My parents didn't know why I had the nightmares, they just comforted me. Surprised, I recently told mom I still remembered them, 20 years later.)

no one wanted brownie points for doing these things, these are just htings people do for their children!

Why on earth does she keep reproducing with this douche canoe?

Because she wuuuuuuvs him!

(She really really does, which makes it all the more infuriating for everyone that is not him)

Zsu made her own (public) Facebook post just now:

sleeping through the night is so overrated!

My favorite part of every single day for almost 13 years now has been snuggling up in bed with one of my babies after a long, busy day. No chores, no noise, no demands. Just my youngest and I catching up and recharging each other's batteries in preparation for the day ahead.

Why sleep train an infant, when I can have this warm, peachy soft bundle of love and life, with sweet milky baby breath, tucked by my side all night?

This has got to be the closest we'll be to heaven in this life.

Im interested to see what it looks like to babywear a dog.

I wear my snake, he likes pockets and sleeves.

Its sad that these fundie parents seem to treat their kids like animals, with all the "training" talk-there was one bit mentioned on the No Greater Joy website with a man talking about (girls name, I cant remember) and how well trained she is and getting her to perform commands, where I could not tell whether he was talking about a child or a dog. Turned out to be a two year old.

In fact, most people treat their pets better than most fundies treat their kids.

I originally was going to make a (I think they are called "ring sling"). The ones that are essentially just a huge piece of material with rings on the one end that you weave the other end through. After some consideration, I ended up making more of a purse like one with one strap on each side and then use the rings to make 1 strap because it can hold more than one dog at a time.

The youngest chi, would really like a sling that just holds her against my chest like the baby ones though, so I'm considering making one of those for when I just am holding her. I got several sets of the rings when I ordered them because I wasn't sure exactly what I was doing, so I have spares to use up :)

Once I have access to my pictures again (stupid computer), I'll find a picture of it and post for you.

(She really really does, which makes it all the more infuriating for everyone that is not him)

Does he at least treat her well in other areas? Take care of her financially so she can focus on the kids he obviously can't be bothered with?

I truly hope he does have other qualities in him she finds redeeming because, frankly, I would question his love for his wife and children if he cannot be bothered to let her rest from childbirth or even take care of his own children.

Obviously I do not know the situation personally, but I just cannot rationalize continuely having children with a partner that refused to take an active role in the everyday care of my children. It seems so disrepectful. Maybe it works for them, but lawd help me, I just could not stand for that. At. All.

I truly hope he does have other qualities in him she finds redeeming because, frankly, I would question his love for his wife and children if he cannot be bothered to let her rest from childbirth or even take care of his own children.

Obviously I do not know the situation personally, but I just cannot rationalize continuely having children with a partner that refused to take an active role in the everyday care of my children. It seems so disrepectful. Maybe it works for them, but lawd help me, I just could not stand for that. At. All.

He is in the military and often deployed in a submarine in a super secret location. I think their separation helps her romanticize him a bit...or a lot.

Zsu made her own (public) Facebook post just now:

Does Zsu happen to mention at what age she hands her children over to their father so he can start beating the. This "closest thing to heaven in this life..." for her, very quickly turns into hell for her kids.

It makes me sick that she thinks she can claim superiority as a mother simply because she feeds her kids on demand, when she lets her husband beat them with a belt. I wonder how many times those babies have been hit by their father before they snuggle in with their mother for the night.

Does Zsu happen to mention at what age she hands her children over to their father so he can start beating the. This "closest thing to heaven in this life..." for her, very quickly turns into hell for her kids.

It makes me sick that she thinks she can claim superiority as a mother simply because she feeds her kids on demand, when she lets her husband beat them with a belt. I wonder how many times those babies have been hit by their father before they snuggle in with their mother for the night.

It is not only the beating that the kids receive but everything else that goes on in that home. Being forced to seat and listen to PP yell and scream for 6-7 hours per week, forced to read their bible for at least 2 hours per day, not being able to go anywhere without at least on parent, not being able to develop their own thought process should I go on. Those kids are not only physically harmed but also mentally and emotionally. No she and PP are not great parents in my eyes they are doing a piss poor job.

Archived