IGNORED

MERGE: Zsu chides Erica of LFOP/Erica of LFOP Annihilated

NotALoserLikeYou

Including Zsu!

facebook.com/LargeFamiliesOnPurpose

Erika posted a link to this article:

foxnews.com/health/2014/08/13/new-method-to-help-newborns-sleep-through-night/

Which takes abusive sleep training tactics to the next level by suggesting you start with newborns. Why wait until they are the ripe old age of 6 weeks?

She states she has been doing this for 16 years which shouldn't surprise anyone.

But instead of likes and support, she got a ton of comments about how neglectful and cruel this is, not to mention unscientific, since babies have small stomachs and need to eat. And God designed them that way so that is even further proof that we should feed them as needed. Each of those comments got tons of likes.

So this made me thrilled and then Zsu chimed in, also agreeing that this was bad advice, and then taking it to another level that involved bashing Erika for using birth control:

Just because it can be done, doesn't mean it should be. There is reason God designed babies to need to eat frequently. Most moms would not be able to maintain their milk supply following this advice. Even if they did, no Mom would be able to benefit from natural child spacing through lactation (known as lactational amenorrhea). To advocate such radical sleep training is to advocate birth control (which you are against), or else expecting mom to add a new baby every 9-12 months (which is neither healthy, nor any easier than night-feeding). You may have been doing this method for 16 years, but you used birth control off and on, while you now advocate against it. All hormonal birth control methods cause early, silent abortions, yet moms who are ignorant of that fact may end up using them out of desperation - I know I could not add a new baby every nine months and keep sane and healthy. We have had 8 children in 14 years of marriage. My husband has NEVER ONE TIME gotten up during the night to feed any of the babies, because guess what? I'm the one who nurses them! I do not ever lose sleep over it, either. When baby starts to stir in bed next to me, I simply pull him/her up to the breast, and we both go back to sleep without even fully waking up. My cycles do not return until baby is well established on solids, and breastfeeding becomes less frequent (around 12 months of age). God designed it that way, but most pediatricians think of themselves as the "experts." You should really rethink your position on this ridiculous advice, which didn't even work for yourself as you resorted to birth control to make it work for you.

Oooo in your face, Erika. Are they enemies? Because I like that.

Basically she is saying God designed women to breastfeed frequently, and that prevents another pregnancy from happening too soon. If you don't breastfeed so much you might have to have abortions, I mean use birth control.

So knowing that Erika is probably pissed off and squirming has made my day. She has yet to respond.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As the saying goes, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Zsu's reasoning is illogical but her stance that parent directed feeding is dangerous is correct.

As the saying goes, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. Zsu's reasoning is illogical but her stance that parent directed feeding is dangerous is correct.

True. For all Zsu's cray, she is absolutely right on this one.

Everything about this is horrifying....well, except for Zsu going after Erika :). I didn't watch the whole video in the news clip. I had to stop when the new mother whined "We had to get up and feed him every two hours." Well....duh...what did they think was required of new parents?! :?

Just what is it about all of these fundie moms who just HAVE to keep having babies when they actually can't stand having babies?! It makes me sick to think of a tiny newborn being "trained" to ignore his/her own hunger.

Having said all that - I'm going to be following that LFOP facebook page the rest of the evening. This is going to be good! :popcorn2:

If you don't want something getting you up every two hours in the night, don't have a baby, maybe get a goldfish or tarantula or something small and quiet.

I seriously cant believe I am saying this, but she is right, sleep training babies is cruel, go Zsu.

I need to go scrub my brain clear of the idea that I agreed with Zsu.

Im impressed with the comments-most people are anti babywise.

I don't know which of these two a worse parent, Zsu or Erika, but I seriously am leaning towards Erika. Zsu may be horrible and hateful openly, but Erika still has the same disgusting beliefs inside. Also Zsu is a better parent to her babies as she feeds on demand and spends a lot of time holding them and loving them, although they both beat their kids when they are older....but Zsu's kids have more fun, while Erika is pretty much a Maxwell. Sterile, cold and a complete control freak.

:angry-banghead: about the "birth control causes abortion" thing. I recently was arguing with a super conservative on Facebook about this regarding Plan B. I went so far as the e-mail the author of a survey on scientific studies about how emergency contraception works. I never heard back from him after I sent him a screenshot of the reply to that e-mail...

What did someone upThread say...even a stopped clock is right twice a day. When it comes to Zsu it's not about right or wrong. it's about agenda. The Andersons live, breathe, sleep and eat agenda. They live for convincing the world they are right and have a direct line to their godl

There is nothing Zsu can or will ever do that will make me think she is anything other than what she is,

That woman who said she is a foster parent and demanded that her son be on a 4 hour schedule is totally disregarding what CPS regulations require when taking care of a newborn...at least if she was in our county. Newborns are required to be in the foster parents room (only until 1 then they are required a room) and to be feed as they demand not on our schedule.

That woman who said she is a foster parent and demanded that her son be on a 4 hour schedule is totally disregarding what CPS regulations require when taking care of a newborn...at least if she was in our county. Newborns are required to be in the foster parents room (only until 1 then they are required a room) and to be feed as they demand not on our schedule.

That woman is horrible! And I think she said adopting meaning she can do what she wants, sadly.

This comment had me :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

It seems logical to me... I "overfeed' myself when I know I won't be able to get to eat at regular times and it usually does the trick just fine! I have missed many a meal because of this method

Does this method really advise mothers to "overfeed" babies? Imagine the spit up and tummy aches. If that commenter is serious, she's an idiot.

The funny thing about this whole Facebook post is that Erika probably posted it just KNOWING she was helping hundreds of moms *smile* so she hit post and went about her day controlling her kids. She's going to log on to Facebook whenever her schedule tells her to and be like....*frown*.

*Laughs*

Seriously? Even ZSU agreed it was bad advice? Lady, that's how you know you need to stop, like pronto.

I'm happy to see *chuckles* called out, but Zsu sounds just as shrill and judgmental as she always does. Lactational amenorrhea doesn't work for everyone. And birth control does not cause "early, silent abortions" :roll:

Off topic, but I went to her Facebook page to read the thread, and who should pop up but Sharon Bailgoat. She's now going by Sharon Cinderjesus Bailgoat, but I'm glad she's back (I'm assuming it's the same person). She's the one who gave John Schrader the "Supreme Butthole of the. Universe" title. As Sharon would say-- amen amen!

I think there's another thread about this. The vast majority of people are telling her what a horrible, horrible idea this is, and incredibly dangerous. She isn't even advocating cry it out for older babies who are still waking up all night --- she's talking about NEWBORNS. Insane.

I hate cry it out as a philosophy, but understand some parents using it will older infants if they really feel they will lose their grip/job/attachment/will to live if they keep waking up at night. But the article that she is promoting talks about the " success" parents had with a one week old ! That's neglect IMHO.

:lol: Ha! First thing that came to my mind when I read this. :D

Did you read that bitch's claim that she made the NICU put him on a schedule before she would take him home, because she wasn't getting up with him every 2 hours??? I almost had a fucking fit when I read that.

My son was born weighing 4 lbs. and I got up every 1.5-2 hours for the first 14 months with him. And I'd do it all over again because that's what moms do when their kids need it. And that's what foster moms do as well (at least the good ones) and if you can't get off your ass and be a good one, then you don't need to be one at all. :pull-hair:

I agree with Zsu. I can't even believe people starve their newborns so they can sleep. I would say "Get a puppy instead", but even puppies require an interruption in sleep until they are trained, and then require walking. So I would advise them to get a cat.

I agree with Zsu. I can't even believe people starve their newborns so they can sleep. I would say "Get a puppy instead", but even puppies require an interruption in sleep until they are trained, and then require walking. So I would advise them to get a cat.

Yep. We got a German Shepherd a year ago and my husband got up several times a night with him for the first few months. We were so glad when he was finally able to sleep through the night without us having to take him outside to use the bathroom every few hours. Now we're getting ready to get a girl, so it's going to start all over again. I'd have probably done it sooner, but I needed time to block out all of the puppy shenanigans from the one we have now :lol:

Awesome. So good to see people calling her out for this crap. And being told by Zsu that your advice is bad? Oooh, burn.

I didn't know this saying, but this is amazing.

Where does Erika say she uses contraception ?!

Archived