IGNORED

Divorce in Liasland?

Drunkenbutterfly

I was trying to figure out the big rush to get married. It was awkward and bad timing. Why did she quit her job at DQ, unless some one didn't want her out in public. Why the scribbling on the walls? Acting out? Reliving frustrations?

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They knew each other for a couple of years before getting married. My guess is they became tpical, normal teenagers and went further than they should have, particularly in their world, and got caught. So, marriage was the absolute only option.

Of course when you end up married to someone solely because you got caught having sex with them, you don't exactly have a foundation for a good, strong happy marriage. Ask any woman (or man) married in the first part of the century whose baby was born a couple of months premature, only 6 months after their rushed wedding.

What makes it even sadder than those cases was that there wasn't even a premature baby. I'm guessing they simply had sex and either confessed or got caught. Two years later they realized no amount of pretending or trying was going to make them a suitable couple.

Coming out of lurkdom for this! Deanna also liked the "Official Laci Green" page recently which seems super unfundie.

I hope she's okay; I agree with everyone else that something about the marriage did seem super off.

Granted, I'm totally jaded, but she's rocking a lot of flannel these days ifyouknowwhatI'msaying.

Help an Aussie out; I seriously don't know what you're saying. :?

The girl is a fan of Stephan Pastis. No faults from me.

/I also notice she's a fan of Cyanide and Happiness and Hyperbole and a Half. If she's still a fundie, she's literally the best fundie ever.

Fellow Aussie here: I took it to mean that she's pinging the poster's gayder.

Oooohhh. I was thinking something to do with being poor or rough or bogan. :D

The girl is a fan of Stephan Pastis. No faults from me.

/I also notice she's a fan of Cyanide and Happiness and Hyperbole and a Half. If she's still a fundie, she's literally the best fundie ever.

OMG yesssssssssss!!!!!!!

Its funny cause every other person I know who loves Hyperbole and a Half is the furthest thing a fundie would ever associate with-gay, bisexual, transgender, feminist, pro choice, in a poly relationship, liberal....never thought I would see a fundie being a fan. Allie herself is very liberal too.

I cant imagine a fundie liking Cyanide and Happiness too, its very dark humour. I cant imagine a fundie having a laugh at a joke about abortion.

Didn't someone mention that they drink beer? Now I get there are plenty of folks who have married young and it was the best decision for them. But there are some who do it because they are "suppose" to. That "suppose" part can complicate things especially if you are not emotionally ready. When you've put the wedding dress in the closet, it's show time! For better or for worse...and sometimes the "worse" can be too much to take on.

I wish Deanna, Kaitlyn, and Lydia could get an apartment together, work, and go to community college, or Deanna could move to Portland and live with her cousins. I'm getting depressed on her behalf thinking that she might have to move back in with the family, especially with yet another baby on the way.

If there's any truth to the idea that her idiot parents pressured them into a marriage that they weren't completely on board with, I imagine there must be some level of resentment towards them no matter how supportive they may be. I would think it would be very, very hard to go back to living with them. I hope she's able to find alternate living arrangements and is able to live her life the way she wants, whether or not that falls in line with her parents' beliefs.

They have what, 10 daughters? In their situation they can't afford to have a household full of unmarried females. Can you imagine 10 stay- at-home daughters? And they don't believe in college/careers for women. So it is not out of the realm of possibility they are pushing young marriage. I can imagine the results being a disaster.

Regarding her wearing a lot of flannel: I don't know if she's wearing it as a statement or not I just know that the checkered or plaid pattern on button-up shirts is in style for her age group. May be all there is to it.

I follow the blog of Deanna's younger sisters, "Short, Fat and Lean". The sisters are all in their mid to late teens. The impression I get is that they are tremendously bored.

One of them (I forget which) exercises to the extreme, doing hundreds or thousands of pushups, etc, to the point she is injuring her body. Another said she wished she could join the military but some sexist cousin of hers told her that women were a liability in the military and she didn't want to be the cause of hurting a fellow soldier while on duty. Another said she'd like to take classes, but why should she, since everything she could learn in a class she could also learn in a book (she seemed to be parroting her parents).

These girls are young, smart, and healthy but terribly limited by their cult. None of them, by the way, ever mentions God, that I can recall.

• 2 weeks later...

Tyler's first name is Kenneth. I remember reading that somewhere. They're getting a divorce. I also remember reading something that Perry once said about beating his kid if they left their spouse. I can't find it anywhere now, but I know that I read it.

There's a post on the LIAS FB page from several months ago about how growing up in a large family lessens the chance you'll divorce. Guess not.

Oooohhh. I was thinking something to do with being poor or rough or bogan. :D

My turn to ask! What's "bogan"?????

<3 from the middle of the USA

I visited her FB for the first time. She looks delightful. I'm praying all works out for her, especially that she does NOT have to return to her parents' home unless she really wants to.

Part of the delightfulness of her images tells me she most likely doesn't really want to.

My turn to ask! What's "bogan"?????

<3 from the middle of the USA

Like white trash, or a British chav, but it's not economically dependent - bogans can and do thrive in the middle classes (Shane Warne)

Like white trash, or a British chav, but it's not economically dependent - bogans can and do thrive in the middle classes (Shane Warne)

In certain crowds (like Royal Dish, the royalty snark site) one of the nicknames for Crown Princess Mary of Denmark (originally from Tasmania) is "Bogan Mary." In fact, there was a blog called "A Bogan in Denmark."

Guess she was not born to the manner/manor royal!

Speaking of Couglans, it looks like P3 has locked down a good bit of his FB page - reading FJ much, Perry? :dance:

Archived