IGNORED

Nathaniel Darnell on Hysterical Women

DomWackTroll

“Over the last year, I’ve watched a lot of hoopla going on among many of my circles of friends, particularly in the homeschool and evangelical communities. In light of the hysteria surrounding the sad events in San Antonio over the last year, some folks are doing such bizarre things as 'coming out of the closet' as feminists after all. They claim that because a few prominent professing Christian teachers who promoted the idea of gender distinctiveness from the Bible were proven to have hypocrisies in their lives, the entire biblical teaching on the subject is a sham. Because they put their faith in mere men, rather Jesus Christ and His Word, and the men let them down, they claim they have an excuse to embrace bondage.â€

perseveronews.com/femininity-biblical-not-merely-cultural/

He then adds a fun blind item about a "young man" with whom he engaged in a spirited debate on this subject.

Am I the only one who thinks Persevero sounds like a spell from Harry Potter?

Or an Italian restaurant with really, really pushy waiters.

“Over the last year, I’ve watched a lot of hoopla going on among many of my circles of friends, particularly in the homeschool and evangelical communities. In light of the hysteria surrounding the sad events in San Antonio over the last year, some folks are doing such bizarre things as 'coming out of the closet' as feminists after all. They claim that because a few prominent professing Christian teachers who promoted the idea of gender distinctiveness from the Bible were proven to have hypocrisies in their lives, the entire biblical teaching on the subject is a sham. Because they put their faith in mere men, rather Jesus Christ and His Word, and the men let them down, they claim they have an excuse to embrace bondage.â€

perseveronews.com/femininity-biblical-not-merely-cultural/

He then adds a fun blind item about a "young man" with whom he engaged in a spirited debate on this subject.

Yeah, it couldn't possibly be the fact that people realized they were in a cult and now are deciding to think for themselves.

What is his definition of feminism anyways? I am pretty sure a lot of these ladies and families that now see VF for what is aren't suddenly jumping into public school and working outside the home. They probably have just realized that Daddy is not God.

He was the one that thought people should have stayed silence on Doug issue. He noticed problems with Doug while he worked for him and "quietly left". His motto was "see something, say nothing".

But now it really seems like he has jumped off the deep end. Given the fact I don't think he is taken seriously as teacher and I doubt he will marry, I suppose he is pretty much harmless.

I think he's just hanging around hoping against hope that Geoff Botkin will let him near one of the golden daughters.

Somehow the expression "sniffing around" comes to mind in this instance.

Did anyone ever suss out what happened with his aborted engagement?

I'll just say this: We know the lengths that heterosexual males in Dominionland will go to in order to have heterosexual sex as early as possible. Hell, we've seen one build a house when he was barely pubescent. Darnell is well over thirty!

Yes, he's a tight-assed control freak, but aren't they all? Isn't that to be expected? Gotta be more to it than that.

ETA: Take a look at the body language in this engagement photo, but more than that, ask yourself why on earth it would still be on his FB page seven months later:

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10152161151493383&set=a.477590028382.280878.786858382&type=1&theater

Wouldn't a heartbroken woman demand that it be taken down? Wouldn't a devastated guy be embarrassed to keep it up? It's like they both went into this thing knowing it wouldn't last, and not really even giving a crap.

Nathaniel Darnell IS a hysterical woman.

:lol: Oh, Marian, all my "domsplaining" and then you just come in and say it all in one sentence. I'm laughing my ass off.

:lol: Oh, Marian, all my "domsplaining" and then you just come in and say it all in one sentence. I'm laughing my ass off.

:techie-studyingbrown:

I started reading that post and had to stop. That guy wins the Self-Satisfied Cretin award of the day. The more I read fundies the more I wonder if any of them have ever actually talked to anyone who thought differently than they did. Yeah, how the fuck would anyone POSSIBLY know murder is wrong if THE BIBLE didn't say it was?

Of course the Bible doesn't totally say that, if you read all the BS about stoning non-virgins and killing heathens. But whatevs.

His logic seems to be "there's a website, also there's people who disagree with this website, also I had a discussion with a Young Man. Thus Bible."

I started reading that post and had to stop. That guy wins the Self-Satisfied Cretin award of the day. The more I read fundies the more I wonder if any of them have ever actually talked to anyone who thought differently than they did. Yeah, how the fuck would anyone POSSIBLY know murder is wrong if THE BIBLE didn't say it was?

Of course the Bible doesn't totally say that, if you read all the BS about stoning non-virgins and killing heathens. But whatevs.

His logic seems to be "there's a website, also there's people who disagree with this website, also I had a discussion with a Young Man. Thus Bible."

I"m with you. I tried to wade through the muck that was that post and simply couldn't do it. I grow so wear of the whole some women are anti feminist and they are DIFFERENT from the anti feminists you already know about, so this means that the patriarchy is right and women can't be trusted to say they have a calling other than motherhood because men are like pistons and women are like cylinders so cars and submission. Dipshit.

Honestly, sonny, don't try to teach your granny to suck eggs in the world of male / female relationships.... until you've actually been in one for a while and if you are just going to repeat the same sorry diatribe, not even then.

I can't understand men who believe women (and, I think to a lesser extent men) are not supposed to be individuals, but are just accessories to whatever man they end up with. I find it unbearable that any woman would end up married to someone who likely couldn't have his conciousness raised with a crane.

Does he live at home? IS he sort of a Stay at Home Son or confirmed bachelor?

Do we know, as a fact, that Doug didn't treat his aides as he treated his nanny?

Am I the only one who thinks Persevero sounds like a spell from Harry Potter?

I think he plagiarized that from Doug, who often signed things with that word.

I still think he's gay, but in denial, of course. If he believes all the shit that he says and had any kind of self-respect for his firm beliefs in the patriarchy movement, he would have been married years ago with a whole gaggle of kids.

I still think he's gay, but in denial, of course. If he believes all the shit that he says and had any kind of self-respect for his firm beliefs in the patriarchy movement, he would have been married years ago with a whole gaggle of kids.

That sounds good, but it can indeed be really hard for a guy to get married in these circles. I know guys who have been turned down three, four, five times.

That sounds good, but it can indeed be really hard for a guy to get married in these circles. I know guys who have been turned down three, four, five times.

I'm sure that is true for some guys, but isn"t Darnell sort of a catch? Or at least was a catch 5 years ago? He has a law degree, a good job, and an impeccable fun die pedigree. He is like the purebred poodle of VF'ers. There must be something truly off-putting to patriarchs and their virginal daughters for him to have been repeatedly rejected.

Why? Was there something the matter with them? Did they have no prospects? Couldn't get past Daddy Dearest? Turned down five times? Yikes. That's got to do a number on somebody's self-esteem.

I don't think he's gay, just picky, and ........uptight?

Btw, that was just a photo taken during their courtship, not an engagement picture. They didn't get that far.

I'm sure that is true for some guys, but isn"t Darnell sort of a catch? Or at least was a catch 5 years ago? He has a law degree, a good job, and an impeccable fun die pedigree. He is like the purebred poodle of VF'ers. There must be something truly off-putting to patriarchs and their virginal daughters for him to have been repeatedly rejected.

His personality is pretty off putting to me, that probably means fundies just love it. I think his law degree is some online bs though. I definitely agree, there are plenty of fundie women to choose from? What is stopping him?

Yeah, how the fuck would anyone POSSIBLY know murder is wrong if THE BIBLE didn't say it was?

I was asked this by someone who meant it. Since I don't believe in god, how can I have morals? I think my morals are stronger than the typical Christian's because I don't follow my morals hoping to avoid hell. I follow them because it's the right thing to do, no reward necessary.

That wins the Fundernet award.

I'm not sure either way about his orientation, and furthermore couldn't give a monkey's, but he is a complete and utter asswipe, and anyone who has managed to avoid a lifetime commitment to him is a person truly "saved".

Delusions of Doug-in-Training.

I was asked this by someone who meant it. Since I don't believe in god, how can I have morals? I think my morals are stronger than the typical Christian's because I don't follow my morals hoping to avoid hell. I follow them because it's the right thing to do, no reward necessary.

That wins the Fundernet award.

The bolded times eleventy! I have had conversations with people who said "If I was sure there was no God, I'd (murder, rape, steal, whatever) and I said oddly enough many people don't require a punishing God to not do those things. It is one of those things that makes me wonder about people like Ken and Lori and Cabinetman who accuse feminists and atheists and others of these horrible things and beliefs-- are these the things they believe they would do if they thought there was no god?

Archived