IGNORED

Ruth Wissman

lexiloumarie

The family blog has a post by Rachel about Ruth's intentions to further study nutrition and become a midwife. She's 31 and the old one of the older siblings not married. It almost feels like an unofficial announcement that she won't be fulfilling her higher calling and getting married but insteading working as the spinster daughter. They only have 4 grandkids out of 4 married children, with it being a few years since Josiah and Abby had one. Did they produce less fundie children?

The family blog has a post by Rachel about Ruth's intentions to further study nutrition and become a midwife. She's 31 and the old one of the older siblings not married. It almost feels like an unofficial announcement that she won't be fulfilling her higher calling and getting married but insteading working as the spinster daughter. They only have 4 grandkids out of 4 married children, with it being a few years since Josiah and Abby had one. Did they produce less fundie children?

Well, if she can cure the Doctor-puzzling health problems of the family without studying nutrition, just think what she'll do after she does study!

ETA: I clicked on one of the links in the post and it goes to her Plexus site--so she's shelling diet pills/drinks. I'm guessing that this is her "nutrition studying". That's too bad. It's a MLM and explains why the post claims that she's been able to solve health problems for people that puzzle doctors.

I always wonder how this goes down in fundie families: At what point are they taught that their only acceptable calling of wife/mother is not going to happen and that it's okay to pursue (within fundie reason) a "career"

Is this subject ever discussed during childhood/teen years?

Wow; that is awesome! I hope Loren eventually comes up with his own perspective on that. But I read somewhere that they're hardcore ATI/BG types, but have been advised to tone that down for business reasons. Maybe the BG scandal got her, or them, or both, thinking and re-evaluating, and realizing just that. At least I'd like to think so. Now, if only Ruth, Sarah Maxwell, and the Botkin sisters can become roommates, lol.........but they need enough income, right?

The Duggars are promoting the current Wissman family CD on The Duggar Family Blog. Well, the blog is promoting it as a Duggar approved CD anyway.

The Wissmans definitely have a history with ATI, and are close friends of the Bontragers.

Unless she's going to study actual nutrition, plexus products, nor Young Living nor doTerra are NOT studying health and nutrition. They are parrotting propaganda and trying to convert others to make a profit off of them.

That said, midwifery is not something you can just up and decide to study. You have to go to school. Even properly trained Professional midwives instead of CNMs still obtain at least a Bachelor's degree and a TON of practice experience before they can hang their shingle.

I wish her all the best, but if she's actually going to "study" these subjects, then she needs to actually study them. I honestly wish the US would follow more of a model like Australia or Britain on midwifery just so we could eliminate the "i'm studying" declarations that are so common in fundie circles when it doesn't mean the same thing it means to the rest of us.

I wish her the Best and luck. If this is what makes her happy and is allowing her to meet new people,I say go for it. Maybe this way she will have some space of her own in a way.

Archived