IGNORED

Priscilla's Satan Eyes/Wedding and God MERGED

sophrosyne

More CC fun:

IJsgVBhl.png

YGROCzLl.png

:shock: Maybe some hints of how Pris can keep David happy?

Now for the totally silly ones, that just made me giggle for no reason:

gqXKxyPl.png

RFOIxC0l.png

NTVMICul.png

gLKCrUJl.png

They look pretty gleeful about mad death.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Priss is downright kool-aid scary in this one. Those EYES. :pink-shock:

And yes, Anna does look at her like, "Spit it out, Sis. Just spit. it. out."

And LOL to the gender reveal comment above. :D

Priscilla looks like she's on the verge of tears in most of those pictures. I don't know if it's because she is stressed or if that is just how her face is.

Is that an emergency light above the door? If so, it makes me think it's probably not someone's house. Those sorts of things aren't required in private residences (at least not in Australia.)

I wouldn't be terribly surprised if they filmed this at Gothard HQ.

The automatic subtitling (it's not closed captioning, which is totally different) cracks me up sometimes. Most of the time it frustrates me because I'm deaf.

The automatic subtitling (it's not closed captioning, which is totally different) cracks me up sometimes. Most of the time it frustrates me because I'm deaf.

Thanks for the education -- I didn't know that. Youtube uses the CC abbreviation for it, so I just followed their lead.

And, yes, it seems like it would be close to useless for someone who really needs to know what is being said.

In this case, I can assure you, you are not missing anything important -- just two babblers who are immersed in Gothardism, going on and on about how courtship and staying pure made everything perfect. :roll:

Thanks for the education -- I didn't know that. Youtube uses the CC abbreviation for it, so I just followed their lead.

And, yes, it seems like it would be close to useless for someone who really needs to know what is being said.

In this case, I can assure you, you are not missing anything important -- just two babblers who are immersed in Gothardism, going on and on about how courtship and staying pure made everything perfect. :roll:

In fact, I think there are times when the automatic subtitling makes more sense.

The way that Anna looks at her while she's speaking looks like one of an amused parent whose toddler is trying to get the words out.

Perhaps Anna is "The Other Sister"

[bBvideo 560,340:10gv42r6]

[/bBvideo]

Weirdly enough, this couple is actually one I have wanted to hear, just to see for myself how crazy they are.

Subtitling is just the words being put on the screen. When it's "closed captioned for the hearing impaired" (the term hearing impaired is another issue) it not only describes the speech, it describes other sounds that are not speech (tells you when music is playing and sometimes what kind, that a door slams, that kind of thing). It gives much more information.

If you look closely on YouTube, they have a cc button that reverts to subtitles/automatic captions when that is the only option. You can then click on yes if you want them. It's ridiculous that they call them captions.

They must have had the "gender reveal" party by now. Wy haven't they included it in their latest post ?

At this point we'll only find out when the baby is born.

(and yes it is a bit sad that I am that interested in their lives... What can I say... I feel for Priscilla)

When is this baby due? The 20 week checkup was late june, but per the David Loves Priscilla website we learn this

God has blessed us once again with a special opportunity to travel all across the country to encourage families to center their lives around their relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ through His Word. By the time we are finished with our travels we will have driven over 12000 miles and preached at over 30 meetings. In many ways, God has blessed us more than we have blessed others. We just want to highlight a few of the special times we have had traveling as a family. For a full listing of what we are doing, check out

David, Priscilla and their son are all pictured as part of this road trip that does not end until October 25th! (Just looked, baby is due Mid November)

http://ati.iblp.org/ati/events/familyconnection/

They took an RV, maybe she'll just give birth in the RV. (Does she do home birth?) Or, they will be home with 2 weeks to spare....

I wonder if the great news from work referred to by David in the "chick fil et reveal we're having a second baby" video where he seemed a bit like he was gritting his teeth over her their new baby news was related to the scheduling of this trip.

I haven't searched much, but haven't seen a gender reveal, not that I care, but I wonder if they are downplaying the pregnancy except when she is trotted out at the family connection events.

She's following her family's tradition. Anna was being dragged around from book shop to book shop promoting the Duggar's book a fortnight before Mikey was born and Esther was touring around the country begging for funding just before Sophia (and the previous one?) made an appearance.

Duggar recalled her trip to Israel, when she learned that Waller had called her father to ask permission to court her sister.

“I kept seeing the star of David everywhere, and I’m thinking, ‘Oh boy, Priscilla has her star of David,’†Duggar said.

Yes, Anna, you saw the Magen David in Israel because your sister was marrying someone named David. Clearly, you would not have seen such a thing in Israel otherwise. Of course. :roll:

that screencap is PRICELESS. i love it. :D

but, um, yeah, no. my wedding will not be centered about jesus. in fact, the only traditional, somewhat-religious thing i want to do is follow through with a traditional handfasting. otherwise, i'm pretty offbeat (haha, i love the website offbeatbride, i'm constantly perusing it for ideas). hell, for the reception, i don't think there will be much dancing at all. i plan on hooking up a variety of gaming consoles to tvs and let people game to their hearts content. that sounds like fun to me. :D

that screencap is PRICELESS. i love it. :D

but, um, yeah, no. my wedding will not be centered about jesus. in fact, the only traditional, somewhat-religious thing i want to do is follow through with a traditional handfasting. otherwise, i'm pretty offbeat (haha, i love the website offbeatbride, i'm constantly perusing it for ideas). hell, for the reception, i don't think there will be much dancing at all. i plan on hooking up a variety of gaming consoles to tvs and let people game to their hearts content. that sounds like fun to me. :D

Our priest specifically told us prior to our wedding that the day was about us and we should not let anyone hijack it (someone was attempting to). Not Jesus. Us. And we had a traditional Catholic wedding.

I don't like the whole "it is all about the bride" thing, though, because it should be about the couple, not just one of them.

And, just a thought, most of your guests over 35 or 40 are not going to be into gaming all night (and I said "most" not "all" so please, don't come tell me "I'm 46 and I love gaming" because if I were excluding you, I would have said "all"). Make sure there are other alternatives, too. :)

Our priest specifically told us prior to our wedding that the day was about us and we should not let anyone hijack it (someone was attempting to). Not Jesus. Us. And we had a traditional Catholic wedding.

I don't like the whole "it is all about the bride" thing, though, because it should be about the couple, not just one of them.

And, just a thought, most of your guests over 35 or 40 are not going to be into gaming all night (and I said "most" not "all" so please, don't come tell me "I'm 46 and I love gaming" because if I were excluding you, I would have said "all"). Make sure there are other alternatives, too. :)

it's going to be very, very small as it is, since our family is so spread out and both fiance and i are very new to the area and don't make friends all that great lol. we're planning on probably a max of 20 people, and that's accounting for every person on the "maybe" list actually showing up. there will be only three, possibly five people over 40 (if my sister and her husband can come; they're on the maybe list). but hell even my mum (one of the over 40 people) loves to jump on some of the party games we have (super monkey balls ftw! and damnit if she isn't better at wii bowling than i am. i'm not sure if i should be jealous or impressed).

we both very geeky people and have geeky relatives and friends who are also that way. we kinda want to celebrate all the things that make us "us". decorating will probably be a combination of some diy things i'll throw together and my collection of geektastic figurines and other assorted items. that's how we roll lol and everybody that's anybody to us knows it. :P

At the risk of getting a bit theological, I think that these people grossly overestimate Jesus/God's involvement in their lives. I think it's safe to say that there are many Christians out there who don't rely on God to orchestrate every little thing that happens in their lives, but rather use their free will in conjunction with personal and religious beliefs to make whatever decisions they need to make. And when they do get married, the responsibility of making the day happen and upholding their vows falls on them, not on God. I think most Christian couples want to honor or respect God at their wedding, but would stop short of calling it "His day".

If you sit around and wait for the one "the Lord" has for you, you might end up like ol' Sarah Mally, who I assume desires marriage and children, yet there's nothing on the horizon at 34 (or 35?). Unless of course she secretly doesn't want those things, but that would definitely go against everything she preaches.

I find it incredible sad that Anna thinks making decisions about her wedding means that she is selfish.

See it would be different if Pris was from a denomination that views marriage as a sacrament - traditionally it's God who marries you and not the priest, hence no divorce. But this just smacks of yet another way to make women feel guilty over enjoying something.

Archived