IGNORED

Priscilla's Satan Eyes/Wedding and God MERGED

sophrosyne

Every video I see of her further convinces me that this girl is mentally delayed and is being taken advantage of. Not only does it never cross her mind to question anything at all, but it's so clear that she is repeating what she's been told to say, and it's all like a revelation that amazes her, like she's not remembering what things mean until she's parroting it. Her husband is pretty sick.

I got the impression she was delayed too but was thinking of a nice way to put it. Her facial expressions and speech patterns make me think that(before kids I worked with mentally handicapped adults..... They ranged between moderately and severely handicapped) IF Cil is delayed she is mildly. I don't know if she is just quirky though.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Every video I see of her further convinces me that this girl is mentally delayed and is being taken advantage of. Not only does it never cross her mind to question anything at all, but it's so clear that she is repeating what she's been told to say, and it's all like a revelation that amazes her, like she's not remembering what things mean until she's parroting it. Her husband is pretty sick.

She comes across better on an old episode of 19 Kids, she must have been about 21 back then. It's been said before, but I think it's just an unfortunate combination with her, she tries to be the perfect approving wife with the baby voice, her manner of speaking is probably due to the nervousness of getting it wrong and parroting what David told her to say and on top of that, she's probably not very smart to begin with :/

This is one of those cases of viewer impression, I think. She really wasn't any better to me on the 19 kids episode. Her speech was still halting and she was struggling with the process of getting shoes/boots on one of the little girls.

This is one of those cases of viewer impression, I think. She really wasn't any better to me on the 19 kids episode. Her speech was still halting and she was struggling with the process of getting shoes/boots on one of the little girls.

Putting shoes on little kids can be hard. I'd be worried if she had trouble putting shoes on herself.

Priscilla sounds like she is in some kind of trance state. is she a mk-ultra victim?

David is one of several fundie people who I think are gay gay gay. His "boyfriend" Robert for example. They look good together, such a cute couple :D

I would really love to hear from someone who grew up in fundie circles and who went through it, what they were thinking when they realized they were gay and how they logically justified it for themselves.

also, would it be ok in those circles to admit that you are gay to your family and then live in celibacy? or would you be shunned anyway?

Gay ex-fundie here. When I finally started realizing I was gay, it was pretty devastating. I refused to accept it for a while, and then started treating it like a trial I was going through because I'd somehow gotten away from God. I grew up with the message that it's a choice, and something God can change, so logically if I wasn't choosing it and was actively struggling to be closer to God, then the feelings would go away. Went through about a year of that before I finally realized it wasn't going to work, and well.....it was hell for a while but now I'm happily married (to that same girl I first had feelings for) and an atheist to boot, so I don't really have to justify anything to myself anymore. :D

As to the second question, it depends very heavily on the family/church circle, but the majority would be shunned anyway. The concept of being gay as something you can't change, only live with without giving into your sinful urges is a very new one to the fundie world and not very widely accepted just yet. Growing up, I was made to understand that the urges themselves were just as sinful as the actions, and I gather that is still the prevailing attitude in those circles. I know of one, and only one, family who didn't shun their child after they came out on those grounds, and that was only because the child was absolutely committed to praying themselves straight before ever going to their parents to begin with. And they kept the whole thing very, very hush-hush. Their church doesn't know, and I doubt they could keep it up if it got out. I only know because said child told me themselves in a misguided attempt to convince me I could do the same. In David's case, if he is gay, then especially with him being so deep in ATI I could almost guarantee he'd be shunned whether he was still committed to his marriage or not.

Gay ex-fundie here. When I finally started realizing I was gay, it was pretty devastating. I refused to accept it for a while, and then started treating it like a trial I was going through because I'd somehow gotten away from God. I grew up with the message that it's a choice, and something God can change, so logically if I wasn't choosing it and was actively struggling to be closer to God, then the feelings would go away. Went through about a year of that before I finally realized it wasn't going to work, and well.....it was hell for a while but now I'm happily married (to that same girl I first had feelings for) and an atheist to boot, so I don't really have to justify anything to myself anymore. :D

As to the second question, it depends very heavily on the family/church circle, but the majority would be shunned anyway. The concept of being gay as something you can't change, only live with without giving into your sinful urges is a very new one to the fundie world and not very widely accepted just yet. Growing up, I was made to understand that the urges themselves were just as sinful as the actions, and I gather that is still the prevailing attitude in those circles. I know of one, and only one, family who didn't shun their child after they came out on those grounds, and that was only because the child was absolutely committed to praying themselves straight before ever going to their parents to begin with. And they kept the whole thing very, very hush-hush. Their church doesn't know, and I doubt they could keep it up if it got out. I only know because said child told me themselves in a misguided attempt to convince me I could do the same. In David's case, if he is gay, then especially with him being so deep in ATI I could almost guarantee he'd be shunned whether he was still committed to his marriage or not.

Thankyou so much for sharing your perspective.

She didn't come across smarter to me, but she seemed happier and more confident. Its very obvious in their videos how David corrects her and prompts her. There is a lot of pressure to be the perfect fundie wife in these videos, and thats what I think, in part, is the difference.

There are two recurrent themes in Priscilla's solo videos. I'm not measuring up as a wife and mother but I'll pray and try harder, and I'm soooooo thankful I have a such a Godly husband to submit to.

David must be scripting these which makes them all the more creepy. The total lack of spontaneity, along with the pressure of getting it right for her (constantly disapproving?) headship may be contributing to the halting speech pattern she exhibits along with her confusion over what she's supposed to be saying.

I feel incredibly sorry for her. I don't feel sorry for him at all. If he's gay and this seemed the best way to placate those who were beginning to question his orientation, shame on him for deliberately choosing someone he knew he could control. And my guess is that he's not very kind to her.

Can you imagine someone like her sister Anna with this putz? I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be seeing any of these scripted confessionals.

There are two recurrent themes in Priscilla's solo videos. I'm not measuring up as a wife and mother but I'll pray and try harder, and I'm soooooo thankful I have a such a Godly husband to submit to.

David must be scripting these which makes them all the more creepy. The total lack of spontaneity, along with the pressure of getting it right for her (constantly disapproving?) headship may be contributing to the halting speech pattern she exhibits along with her confusion over what she's supposed to be saying.

I feel incredibly sorry for her. I don't feel sorry for him at all. If he's gay and this seemed the best way to placate those who were beginning to question his orientation, shame on him for deliberately choosing someone he knew he could control. And my guess is that he's not very kind to her.

Can you imagine someone like her sister Anna with this putz? I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be seeing any of these scripted confessionals.

I'm not so sure. Anna absolutely fawned over Josh during their engagement and early days of their marriage and she's followed him towards the fundie lite side. Yes, it makes her life easier, but I think her own inclinations are to be far more conservative. If she'd married David I think she'd be a more articulate Priscilla.

Putting shoes on little kids can be hard. I'd be worried if she had trouble putting shoes on herself.

Oh yeah you probably would be wouldn't you, since disabled people are so horrible amirite.

• 1 month later...

Well, speaking of how Priscilla looks, I find it VERY scary that in pics on David's blog (of David and Priscilla, and of his mom and dad), Priscilla looks like a carbon copy younger version of his mother. It looks that way in more than just the one shot. CREEPY! :pink-shock:

Move down through the many pictures, 10 or more down, to the subtitle that reads, "Nice Concluding Dinner." Look at BOTH pics of Ma Waller, and the pic directly above them, of Priscilla. Sheesh!

davidlovespriscilla.com/2014/08/17/family-time-in-northwoods/

They just celebrated their 2.5 years of being married? What couple celebrates 2.5 of togetherness unless you are 16?

And did she say something about laying out your husband's clothes for him in the morning? Yeah, no. I did not take my husband to raise. I cannot imagine marrying someone that had no clue how to dress themselves in the morning.

Again, another day and another Pris video that is painful to watch, but at least this time we did get Satan eyes. That made it slightly more entertaining.

She probably a) still gets a "kick" out of handling his shorts; b) He probably makes her re-do the outfit 20 times like a drama queen.....

I feel sincerely sorry for Priscilla. Like someone else here said once "her husband is so far in the closet he's in Narnia...." and she doesn't seem to suspect a thing. I do wonder what her mental age is--it seems shockingly low.....

I think Priscilla is more drunk on the kool-aid than any other fundie that we snark on, even more than Jill. Priscilla is a true believer, and has the smallest chance of escaping.

I think Priscilla is drunker than a skunk on the koolaid. Somehow I think Davids marriage and his public videos are some sort of proving ground ATI wise to him. I would imagine David, no matter if he is being groomed or feels like he is being groomed for a larger role, comes home talking of all the important things he is doing, making Priscilla feel she needs to try harder to be the perfect wife to match his perfect work, even if all he does all day is format spreadsheets (no idea his job description). Id imagine David is under huge personal pressure to climb that ladder, and if he is being groomed for a larger role, having a wife that can speak well in public would be considered an asset. Id imagine Priscilla feels that pressure and is trying her hardest, but lacks a good teacher.

I have no idea what type of perfection ATI would want but I'd dare say she is following every single rule in the books. She probably had much more freedom as a SAHD.

After seeing her videos in comparison to those of Erin Paine, what I think Priscilla lacks is an individual spirit, aka her own personality. Anna had the opportunity to at least work at the car lot and learn how to speak to the public without going all religious on them, and Erin taught piano and went to Clown College, which still is an accomplishment no matter the accreditation. Priscilla went from home to ATI to marrying David. Erin and Anna seem so much more comfortable with themselves.

Long story short, I don't think Priscilla is delayed, I think she is subjected to way more undue or unnecessary pressure than any of us may realize.

I think Priscilla is drunker than a skunk on the koolaid. Somehow I think Davids marriage and his public videos are some sort of proving ground ATI wise to him. I would imagine David, no matter if he is being groomed or feels like he is being groomed for a larger role, comes home talking of all the important things he is doing, making Priscilla feel she needs to try harder to be the perfect wife to match his perfect work, even if all he does all day is format spreadsheets (no idea his job description). Id imagine David is under huge personal pressure to climb that ladder, and if he is being groomed for a larger role, having a wife that can speak well in public would be considered an asset. Id imagine Priscilla feels that pressure and is trying her hardest, but lacks a good teacher.

I have no idea what type of perfection ATI would want but I'd dare say she is following every single rule in the books. She probably had much more freedom as a SAHD.

After seeing her videos in comparison to those of Erin Paine, what I think Priscilla lacks is an individual spirit, aka her own personality. Anna had the opportunity to at least work at the car lot and learn how to speak to the public without going all religious on them, and Erin taught piano and went to Clown College, which still is an accomplishment no matter the accreditation. Priscilla went from home to ATI to marrying David. Erin and Anna seem so much more comfortable with themselves.

Long story short, I don't think Priscilla is delayed, I think she is subjected to way more undue or unnecessary pressure than any of us may realize.

You make a good point about David being under pressure and that is affecting Priscilla as well.

I have long been bothered by Priscilla's manner and while she may come across as "delayed", I have often wondered if it's really nature, meaning there's some true delay there that wasn't addressed or nuture, meaning her limited education and sheltered life or a combination of both. Hard to know but it's really clear that she seems like a fish out of water when she talks on those videos. I get the feeling she's really trying but just doesn't know how.

Evidently they're having a 'gender reveal party' (I know, it's really revealing the sex, not the gender, but that's the word they used...). David uses his child's 20 week ultrasound to expound upon...Satan. I'm not kidding--Satan.

David's gender?

Okay so there is a new Priscilla Video up and Anna is with her. It's very long and I only made it to 2 minuets but I can't handle it. Cil is supposed to be talking about how she got into a courtship with David and she's just not doing well so Anna has to cut her off and talk. it's painful.

.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMwvdK4SZw

Okay so there is a new Priscilla Video up and Anna is with her. It's very long and I only made it to 2 minuets but I can't handle it. Cil is supposed to be talking about how she got into a courtship with David and she's just not doing well so Anna has to cut her off and talk. it's painful.

.youtube.com/watch?v=NUMwvdK4SZw

The way that Anna looks at her while she's speaking looks like one of an amused parent whose toddler is trying to get the words out.

I'm still not convinced that priscilla and David arnt really in a mockumentary. They are just soooo funny. As priscilla went on ..and on..and on I was drawn to someone in the background cleaning his ears ? Anna's sparkly thing in her hair.. Earrings hairpiece? And as always I just got the giggles because when ever I see a video of these two I am swamped by the wedding image of david conducting at his wedding... And I just die laughing! Seriously tho I feel sorry for priscilla. I think she is simple minded and I truly hope that she is treated well

I'm still not convinced that priscilla and David arnt really in a mockumentary. They are just soooo funny. As priscilla went on ..and on..and on I was drawn to someone in the background cleaning his ears ? Anna's sparkly thing in her hair.. Earrings hairpiece? And as always I just got the giggles because when ever I see a video of these two I am swamped by the wedding image of david conducting at his wedding... And I just die laughing! Seriously tho I feel sorry for priscilla. I think she is simple minded and I truly hope that she is treated well

Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

So Pris' Star of David necklace is just a cutesy joke about being David's? Nice.

Anna has lots of Satan-eye moments in this one.

Let's see what the CC says:

I4h3Snll.png

Zr6i0iPl.png

AFv6ACrl.png

8B9ZAE1l.png

University? Hard-core action? getting to know each other? Party? Meditating? Expectations? Hitchens? A shaka hand gesture? Are the CC and freeze-frame revealing Pris's secret desires for an alternate life?

YyHwumql.png

DI5vGFcl.png

OK, who is "E"?!

Archived