IGNORED

Ah the Life SAHD Dig a Ditch

nelliebelle1197

This post is just strange and makes me terribly sad for these aging SAHDs. What capable people they could be if they were allowed to grow up.

ahthelife.blogspot.com/2014/06/dear-dad-youll-never-believe-what-we.html

Wow... how bored would I have to be to attempt something like this?

I would have to choose between this and drinking bleach.

Color me impressed. This woman would be amazing in the construction industry.

Wow... how bored would I have to be to attempt something like this?

Well, at least it's not cleaning cabinets and dusting off ceiling fans.

Color me impressed. This woman would be amazing in the construction industry.

That's what struck me about it as well. It's just one big ode to wasted potential.

I found a 2009 post with a cross-stitch project with cute little bears on it. With the caption "In the hopechest... a cross stitch for the nursery".

I do feel very sorry for these girls... and sad... and I pity them somehow.

How old are they?

Well, I will be the opposing voice here – I am impressed out the wazoo!

This woman has been sick, so she decides to dig in the dirt, and it turns into a less than $700 new septic system??

The only thing I objected to in the story was a couple of references she made to how "women "have been trained to think by advertisers, or how "women" prefer handtools over power tools (absolutely untrue)!

And they wore blue jeans.

I found a 2009 post with a cross-stitch project with cute little bears on it. With the caption "In the hopechest... a cross stitch for the nursery".

I do feel very sorry for these girls... and sad... and I pity them somehow.

How old are they?

According to their "Ah, the Life" blog, Kelly celebrated her 29th birthday on December 28, 2005. So she'll be 38 this coming December. I believe Andrea's a couple of years younger.

This woman has been sick, so she decides to dig in the dirt, and it turns into a less than $700 new septic system??

The only thing I objected to in the story was a couple of references she made to how "women "have been trained to think by advertisers, or how "women" prefer handtools over power tools (absolutely untrue)!

Oh, I am impressed but it make me sad that this is how she limits herself. She is obviously talented!

Oh, I am impressed but it make me sad that this is how she limits herself. She is obviously talented!

I am also impressed by the sheer labor involved (being an archaeologist, I understand digging!), and their resourcefulness & ability in correcting the problems.

That all said, the whole thing is so strange and sad - especially with this bit:

We've been planting flowers recently beautifying the property and I have this notion of having a wedding someday in the back yard. I'd been picturing folding chairs, guests mingling, and a dessert table which just didn't coincide with what now seemed like a burial ground but worse.
[emphasis added]

I am also impressed by the sheer labor involved (being an archaeologist, I understand digging!), and their resourcefulness & ability in correcting the problems.

That all said, the whole thing is so strange and sad - especially with this bit:

[emphasis added]

ouch. (added the bolding around burial ground) i do hope she gets a job somewhere. Just being around other people will open relationship doors, and that wedding might actually happen.

[emphasis added]

It's going to have to be a wedding for someone else. These women, still at home with mom and dad-and jobless, aren't going anywhere. So very sad.

Who knows, maybe she impressed someone enough that they will come knocking... or maybe a friend of theirs. It seemed like she definitely impressed people.

Who is Chas? How does he fit into things? And where WAS her father? Business trip? Heaven?

That's what struck me about it as well. It's just one big ode to wasted potential.

I read it and she seemed so.... normal. Then I got to the part where she said that one of the high points was "...realizing I could do whatever I wanted without restriction." That made me so sad. She and her sister and mother are clearly able to figure stuff out and execute a plan. She shouldn't hide at home, afraid of the world.

• 7 months later...

In their last blog post, they discuss how to dress femine when carrying a concealed gun and the pros and cons of different bags. To a European, this is just... :pink-shock:

Archived