IGNORED

David loves Priscilla visited Rebekah and Susanna in Texas

halcionne

I was convicted to experiment with this. The Duggar version of It's Through the Blood woke all 3 dogs. One sang along (he does that with police and fire sirens too), 2 gave me serious stink eye, and Mr.P. shouted from 2 rooms away :What the fuck is that?

My dog slept right through it.

I, on the other hand, howled internally.

Not only do they believe in belting children, they believe in children belting.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting that there aren't photos of Suze's daughter, Noelle. Maybe they're accepting enough of them leaving the cult, but not enough to accept a baby born out of wedlock?

Man, I'd love to be a fly on that wall during their visit.

Last time David and Priscilla visited Suze they had pictures of Noelle on the blog and then they mysteriously disappeared after a couple days. I got the feeling Suze doesn't want her pictures shown on their blog.

One of the commenters on the blog, referring to the pics of Priscilla and her sisters, stated how wonderful it was that D & P accepted those who are different. Because of course, Priscilla's sisters aren't as good as she is and are in need of her acceptance. Grrrrrr.

How wonderful Suz and Rebecca are "accepting" of Davy & Cilla....

Interesting that there aren't photos of Suze's daughter, Noelle. Maybe they're accepting enough of them leaving the cult, but not enough to accept a baby born out of wedlock?

Man, I'd love to be a fly on that wall during their visit.

The family has had photos up before of Suze and the baby, and she and the baby visited the parents at a home school conference last year, with photos.

Does anyone know if Rebekah is homeschooling her kids. It seems as though she might be stopping at 2. She has had 2 for a while now.

The girls go to public school.

The girls go to public school.

Do you know the McDonalds personally? I know you've said before that you are acquainted with some of the fundies or former-fundies we talk about here, being a former-fundie yourself.

Paul really is a cute little guy. It's too bad David ruins every picture with him because of his sheer awkwardness. At least he isn't wearing his favorite Australian hat with the slacks and polo shirt in these pictures (though he is in another recent update).

Thought the caption of "David enjoyed visiting with his brother-in-law discussing concepts of leadership and management". He should have titled it "David trying to persuade his brother-in-law that ATI is the best". That's the brother-in-law who started the recoveringgrace website isn't it?

Rebekah and Susanna are very pretty! That is definitely the first time I've seen Rebekah's daughters' names anywhere.

Last time David and Priscilla visited Suze they had pictures of Noelle on the blog and then they mysteriously disappeared after a couple days. I got the feeling Suze doesn't want her pictures shown on their blog.

Yeah , I did some googling about to see if I could find the photos mentioned before - and virtually all of her on- line presence seems to be from various snark boards speculating on her child and her relationship with her family :lol: can you imagine how weird that would be?

I have seen Rebekah's daughters' names online before.

Honestly whatever you might say about David Waller, I think he isn't that terrible concerning Priscilla's family. David and Priscilla continue visiting Rebekah and Susanna and he has always published pictures before.

This is Priscilla's brother Daniel's (married to Candice) facebook

http://www.facebook.com/daniel.keller.5439?fref=ts

Check out the cover page. He had a picture of himself, his wife, their little boy and David and Priscilla up for months now. Do you think he would do that if they weren't getting along with them?

Honestly whatever you might say about David Waller, I think he isn't that terrible concerning Priscilla's family. David and Priscilla continue visiting Rebekah and Susanna and he has always published pictures before.

This is Priscilla's brother Daniel's (married to Candice) facebook http://www.facebook.com/daniel.keller.5439?fref=ts

Check out the cover page. He had a picture of himself, his wife, their little boy and David and Priscilla up for months now. Do you think he would do that if they weren't getting along with them?

I agree. Somehow I don't think Priscilla would push to see her sisters if David so much as hinted that it's a bad idea. Although... John Schrader also lets Esther see her sisters, so maybe the Kellar girls all made a "chicks before dicks" pact before marrying. :lol:

I think it's interesting that David and Priscilla seem to get along well with all of the Keller siblings, but the Keller parents refuse to see Daniel and his wife.

I wonder if things have changed between them, and they've welcomed them back, or if Davey and Pris are just less judgmental? I notice that D&P don't seem to have issues posting pics of their family on their blog, even when they're wearing "immodest" clothing. Heck, they even posted a pic of Paul playing with pink toys, albeit with a disclaimer that they were his girl cousins'.

This is Priscilla's brother Daniel's (married to Candice) facebook

http://www.facebook.com/daniel.keller.5439?fref=ts

The Keller children all look so much alike!

We don't know that Daniel never sees his parents. The whole shunning story came from him getting upset that he was disinvited to the Duggars for Thanksgiving.

Didn't Candace come her and confirm that his parents wanted nothing to do with them or their son. Candace said that they had been in the area of where the Kellers live and tried to see them and Keller's said they were to "busy" to see them.

The Keller children all look so much alike!

True!

By the way I am kind of surprised that Daniel drinks alcohol and even shows it on his (public) Facebook page. Pa Keller wouldn't like that... :naughty:

New post up... looks like they continued their vacation by stopping at Northwoods. Isn't that the creepy retreat center where the Journey to the Hearts are held? And where Gothard and brother of Gothard had inappropriate relationships with young women? So creepy, I would never want to have a family reunion thee knowing that info.

Plus there is also this little bit on info, did we know about this little trip? And which Derrick is Pecan talking about? Surely Jill and Derrick couldn't be pried apart so early into their marriage for a quick roadtrip to Alaska:

Along with sparkling apple juice, the hors d’oeuvres were nothing less than crackers with some incredible red salmon and cream cheese spread. Derrick and John David Duggar had gone to Alaska to help a family with a move. They took turns driving over 3,000 miles from Alaska to California. The family was so grateful for the help and gave them the canned salmon.

Finally Paul... this kid gets cuter everyday.

post-4896-1445199933864_thumb.jpg

New post up... looks like they continued their vacation by stopping at Northwoods. Isn't that the creepy retreat center where the Journey to the Hearts are held? And where Gothard and brother of Gothard had inappropriate relationships with young women? So creepy, I would never want to have a family reunion thee knowing that info.

Plus there is also this little bit on info, did we know about this little trip? And which Derrick is Pecan talking about? Surely Jill and Derrick couldn't be pried apart so early into their marriage for a quick roadtrip to Alaska:

Finally Paul... this kid gets cuter everyday.

I know it's forbidden to speculate on the sexuality of minors, but that kid's got an awfully wide stance ;)

I think Davey means his older brother who is also called Derrick.

One of the commenters on the blog, referring to the pics of Priscilla and her sisters, stated how wonderful it was that D & P accepted those who are different. Because of course, Priscilla's sisters aren't as good as she is and are in need of her acceptance. Grrrrrr.

:doh: I have to agree with the commenter, frankly. I wouldn't prefer their UNcceptance of P's sisters, right? Right. I think it's a very slippery slope to judge the sincerity of tolerance (though, to be honest, I'd be lying if I didn't admit I questions D's sincerity), let alone acceptance. Do P's sisters need D and P's acceptance as validation of their choosing a different life for themselves? Definitely not. But it's not a bad thing if D and P extend openness to her sisters, just as the sisters, in spite of not wanting to live fundie, also accept them.

:doh: I have to agree with the commenter, frankly. I wouldn't prefer their UNcceptance of P's sisters, right? Right. I think it's a very slippery slope to judge the sincerity of tolerance (though, to be honest, I'd be lying if I didn't admit I questions D's sincerity), let alone acceptance. Do P's sisters need D and P's acceptance as validation of their choosing a different life for themselves? Definitely not. But it's not a bad thing if D and P extend openness to her sisters, just as the sisters, in spite of not wanting to live fundie, also accept them.

It's the fact that it was implied that the sisters had something wrong with their lives and that D&P are perfect and somehow better. Of course I'm glad they still have a (hopefully) good relationship with her sisters.

What LurkerOverThePond said. Derrick Waller is 32 years old and unmarried, as far as I know. I think he runs the family farm when the Waller collective goes to Mongolia. Did he get the same pressure to marry and ignore it? Or maybe his parents aren't as concerned for his sexuality marriage prospects as they were with Davey? :think: I've often wondered about the enigmatic farmer Derrick; hearing his name with JD was a surprise (only because we never hear it at all, I'm not insinuating anything about their friendship :D ).

Is it reasonable for a woman who's 6 months pregnant to be swimming 7/10ths of a mile across a lake as part of a family contest?

Archived