IGNORED

David loves Priscilla visited Rebekah and Susanna in Texas

halcionne

(mods feel free to move this thread to the Duggar forum if you think it makes more sense there)

For those catching up, Rebekah and Susanna are Anna Duggar's sisters who escaped ATI. Rebekah Keller married Joshua McDonald and together they woke up and left the cult. Susanna started showing signs of rebellion I guess, and the Kellers sent her to hang out with Anna and the Duggars. She ended up at the McDonalds' after having a couple of boyfriends, living in sin, getting pregnant out of wedlock, being a single mom, going to culinary school, (not in that order) and basically being my cult-escaping hero.

These families keep a low profile for the most part, but they have appeared on 19KaC for Anna's and Priscilla's weddings, and maybe some other occasions. I always enjoy catching a glimpse of the fundies that got away!

davidlovespriscilla.com/2014/08/01/texas-convention/

post-4828-14451999326851_thumb.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would loooove to take these two ladies out for cocktails and hear all about what they think of their brothers-in-law.

I'm really surprised David put some of those pictures up. Rebekah was wearing a skirt in one pic that showed her thighs and her girls were wearing shorts.

The Duggars singing " Its Through the Blood" literally made one of my dogs cry and howl. The benediction they sang is almost exactly like the one we were forced to constantly sing at EXCEL. Except I think we sounded better singing it.

ooh! Paul is riding on a little girl tricycle, I'm surprised that's allowed. And wearing shorts (below the knee though.)

(Hi, first post! :dance: )

ooh! Paul is riding on a little girl tricycle, I'm surprised that's allowed. And wearing shorts (below the knee though.)

(Hi, first post! :dance: )

He even annotated it with "Paul playing with all his cousins' toys" as if to say "I know this a GIRL bike but what can I do?!"

"David enjoyed visiting with his brother-in-law discussing concepts of leadership and management."

I can just imagine: "Say Bro--how do you manage those lustfull thoughts for your best friend...." says Davey-boy

"ummmm....welll...I don't have those...."

"Course not! [chuckle chuckle] how do you LEAD your wife to her knees before you then?"

[gives Davey worried look] "I need to take the trash out...." :nenner:

Does anyone know if Rebekah is homeschooling her kids. It seems as though she might be stopping at 2. She has had 2 for a while now.

One of the commenters on the blog, referring to the pics of Priscilla and her sisters, stated how wonderful it was that D & P accepted those who are different. Because of course, Priscilla's sisters aren't as good as she is and are in need of her acceptance. Grrrrrr.

I think that's the first time I've read the names of Rebekah's girls. I hope she and her husband are okay with that?

Suze could really be Anna's twin, especially the eyes and the smile.

"David enjoyed visiting with his brother-in-law discussing concepts of leadership and management."

I can just imagine: "Say Bro--how do you manage those lustfull thoughts for your best friend...." says Davey-boy

"ummmm....welll...I don't have those...."

"Course not! [chuckle chuckle] how do you LEAD your wife to her knees before you then?"

[gives Davey worried look] "I need to take the trash out...." :nenner:

Actually in my head I hear him pontificating about it... Acting like he knows everything. Or trying to tell him BIL he's doing it all wrong cause he left ATI

(mods feel free to move this thread to the Duggar forum if you think it makes more sense there)

/

Oh no, The Fabulous David Waller Family is a relevant topic in it's own right and has a following here independent of its Duggar connections.

"Many have asked, “What does David do for work?†Well, here you have a small part of it. Both of us grew up in homeschool families and David has been blessed to work with homeschoolers in many different capacities. This past week, we went to a convention and assisted the Duggar family as they shared with thousands of people some of the things that have helped them along their journey in life."

Um, that really doesn't explain what Davey Boy does for work. It's interesting that they won't outright say he works for ATI. And it's also interesting that ATI is providing support for the Duggars at conventions and selling it's materials on the Duggar's stand.

Suz look SO much like Anna in that picture. Wow.

Susanna (from the pictures) seems to have much better posture than Smugette. They are all pretty women and Paul Waller is a cute kid.

In the playground slide picture, Annabel looks exactly like her aunt Priscilla.

You're right! Alyssa jumped out to me as the spitting image of Esther.

I think that's the first time I've read the names of Rebekah's girls. I hope she and her husband are okay with that?

Suze could really be Anna's twin, especially the eyes and the smile.

I haven't shared it here, because it's pretty boring and they do seem to prefer their privacy, but Josh McDonald's sister mentions them on her blog occasionally. morenominutes.blogspot.com/

Does anyone know if Rebekah is homeschooling her kids. It seems as though she might be stopping at 2. She has had 2 for a while now.

According to the sister's blog, Annabel was in school outside the home on January 7, 2012, at least.

The Duggars singing " Its Through the Blood" literally made one of my dogs cry and howl. The benediction they sang is almost exactly like the one we were forced to constantly sing at EXCEL. Except I think we sounded better singing it.

I was convicted to experiment with this. The Duggar version of It's Through the Blood woke all 3 dogs. One sang along (he does that with police and fire sirens too), 2 gave me serious stink eye, and Mr.P. shouted from 2 rooms away :What the fuck is that?

At least 2 of the howlers just shout the words and the rest are all off key. Oh my bleeding ears!

That benediction? Tut, tut, both EXCEL and Duggars. As usual, the rules don't apply to Gothardites.

It is in very bad taste and against the expressed wishes of the composer and lyrist to change the words to Edelweiss. It is also unauthorized use and could lead to a lawsuit.

gbod.org/resources/edelweiss-a-song-we-love-but-must-not-abuse

The dog that didn't cry is mostly deaf. :lol: He did perk his ears up a bit, though. Probably thinking "What is that faint screeching I hear?"

I did not know that about Edelweiss, but I wish I had known it back when I was in EXCEL so that I could have pointed it out. :lol: I can't remember the guy who directed the music at EXCEL, I think he did all of the music at IBLP events, but he was rather mean and actually made us sing well. It was nothing like the Duggars.

I think the ATI and David are trying to distance themselves from the drama and pretend that they are just a homeschool group. I would not be shocked if it is renamed soon.

The dog that didn't cry is mostly deaf. :lol: He did perk his ears up a bit, though. Probably thinking "What is that faint screeching I hear?"

I did not know that about Edelweiss, but I wish I had known it back when I was in EXCEL so that I could have pointed it out. :lol: I can't remember the guy who directed the music at EXCEL, I think he did all of the music at IBLP events, but he was rather mean and actually made us sing well. It was nothing like the Duggars.

I think the ATI and David are trying to distance themselves from the drama and pretend that they are just a homeschool group. I would not be shocked if it is renamed soon.

It would be really great to point out EXCEL and the Duggars that they are breaking the 8th Commandment. And it would be positively exquisite if we could catch the Maxwells singing that benediction and point the same thing out to Steve. :dance:

I'm sure when you were with EXCEL you all did a much better job of singing than the Duggars but, let's face it, that wouldn't be hard. :) Why on earth do they think they can sing? Or play the violin? ::remembering Duggars scraping out Amazing Grace::

To the bolded, that is an interesting thought and I wouldn't be at all surprised. Certainly David seemed proud to be working at Headquarters pre-Fall of Gothard. In a less "Christian" type of person one might almost have thought he was boasting about his close connections and first hand knowledge of BG.

Perhaps we could not only keep an eye out for distancing and even possible name changes but also check all Gothardite blogs for evidence of scrubbing? I don't follow them all and others will have much sharper eyes than mine.

I think Gothard and others have finally realized that they can't make this go away like they did in the 80's. Anyone searching for ATI or anyone who reads the blog and sees that David is at an ATI event is just a quick Google search away from discovering the dark side of his employer. If you Google Advanced Training Institute on the first page there is a blog from a former member who calls it a cult. And one of the first pages that pop up is Recovering Grace. I wonder if there have been staff meetings about toning down the mentioning of ATI and just calling it a homeschool program.

Archived