IGNORED

Bria Crawford is engaged

FundieWatcher

Kelly (Generation Cedar) is ready for some wedding planning.

It is good in that Kelly will not longer be her mother's live in maid. It is a fantasy to think that, if she starts having a baby every other year, that he will make it through medical school. He hasn't finished his undergrad degree. She won't work outside the home, of course. But he seems like a fundie catch. At least he is not against college. And maybe the in-laws will support them. Or maybe they don't share Kelly's anti-birth control views. Who knows. Honestly, I doubt Bria has an original idea though.

I wonder if Bria's bio dad is invited to the wedding?*

*I do realize it's possible that Bria's dad took off on Kelly &Bria, never to be seen again, and in that case does not deserve anything from his child. But we've seen other fundies try to cut out bio parents when it didn't line up with their perfect family story (I'm looking at you, McDonald family), and if that's the case, I hope Bria is allowed to invite her dad to her own wedding. Hell, even if her dad was a total deadbeat, she should be able to invite him if she wants.

Kelly has said before that she is glad that Bria's father isn't in her life. I would ask, but I'm sure the question would be deleted in 2 seconds. And I understand they might not want that info public. (Of course they have no trouble talking about plenty of other private matters)

It is a fantasy to think that, if she starts having a baby every other year, that he will make it through medical school.

If they get married ASAP, she could pop two out by the time he graduates undergrad, add a couple during medical school, then another two or three for his residency and internships...a total of six to seven before he's done. Yeah, he can kiss that dream good-bye.

If they get married ASAP, she could pop two out by the time he graduates undergrad, add a couple during medical school, then another two or three for his residency and internships...a total of six to seven before he's done. Yeah, he can kiss that dream good-bye.

My cousin had her two kids while she was in medical school (to be an OBGYN ironically). She just spaced them out to be born at convenient times, lucked out to have uncomplicated pregnancies and births, and was back in class within days of giving birth. It helped that my aunt, a retired nurse, lived a few miles from the school and watched the babies during the time my cousin was in school.

I have heard of people having children in medical school, but the other partner works. He will be responsible for medical school, household bills, any children they have and all Bria's expenses by himself.

We shall see...

I know plenty of men and women who have married and/or had one or more children in med school/internship/residency. It might not always be easy but it is quite do-able. The couples I know who most successfully navigated marriage and family during a medical education were those where both partners were mature and independent and able to share the financial burden.

I think this will be hard for Bria. Unless family ponies up ++cash or they take out big loans or they win the lottery she will almost certainly have to work outside the home to help with finances. Her husband will almost certainly often be exhausted from work and so unable to help out much at home. So she will have to shoulder the burden of leading in this area. This will be a steep learning curve for her. I hope that both of them can meet this challenge but I doubt they will. I suspect that "god" will direct his attention to other vocations once the true weight of this course falls on their shoulders.

Aww, poor Kelly...she sounds like her maid quit. Be happy Kelly! Now you get the chance to raise and take care of all those blessings yourself! That's what a mom does after all! :D

When most of us were growing up, we started weaning away from our parents at the age of 5. We got on a bus and left home for a large part of the day. We shared our attention and affection with peers. Our priorities began to be disbursed among other activities, people and places. It was a gradual process and by the time we got married, we had already emotionally and physically left home.

Our family has been different and this leaving, in every way, is happening all at once. Even as we rejoice, there is grieving that comes with it. Change always brings some grief. No matter how good the change.

Psssttt...This isn't something to brag about Kelly. Those gradual steps most kids take (sticking their toes into the "real world" bit by bit, instead of all at once)?? That's called responsible parenting. Instead of staying home and playing mom and housewife (because their mom is in WAY over her head), they are out building confidence and experience, so that when they do venture out on their own they don't fall flat on their ass. This thing where they're glued to your apron strings until overnight they are married and soon to be pregnant? That's a recipe for a fucking disaster.

I just want to be clear...I've known some people who have survived medical school and having children at the same time as well. That being said, they had a reasonable number of children, the wife worked, etc. I don't think it's realistic to think he can do it and be the sole provider to a stay-at-home wife and a passel of kids that grows every two years.

Kelly Crawford of the fundie blog Generation Cedar.

Huge Doug Phillips supporter, wrote that Lourdes was a liar and just part of the "victim culture" and could gotten away, was all stay at home daughters and wrote against single girls on mission trip (then her 20 year old daughter went on poverty tourism trip), she is just nasty and arrogant. Her house was destroyed by a tornado. It wasn't a punishment from God. Although he punishes others that way. The tornado that killed her neighbors she calls a "blessing".

Huge Doug Phillips supporter, wrote that Lourdes was a liar and just part of the "victim culture" and could gotten away, was all stay at home daughters and wrote against single girls on mission trip (then her 20 year old daughter went on poverty tourism trip), she is just nasty and arrogant. Her house was destroyed by a tornado. It wasn't a punishment from God. Although he punishes others that way. The tornado that killed her neighbors she calls a "blessing".

I have my own personal grudge against Kelly, but, yeah, that just about sums it up. She is a colossal hypocritical bitch! People died that day (4/27/11). People lost everything they had that day, and she didn't give a damn. It was all about her! Fuck you, Kelly Crawford....just fuck you!

I have my own personal grudge against Kelly, but, yeah, that just about sums it up. She is a colossal hypocritical bitch! People died that day (4/27/11). People lost everything they had that day, and she didn't give a damn. It was all about her! Fuck you, Kelly Crawford....just fuck you!

Man, I just went to her blog and read that post about their Samaritan insurance, and thought to myself that it seemed nice. It could be a good thing to people who need help. Then I got to the end where it stipulated you have to be a Christian and a member of a church. So these good samaritans will help you, but only if you share their beliefs? Assholes!

How many chicken breasts will Kelly buy for the wedding dinner?

Shall we speculate on how many teaspoons of dip they will serve? Or will she puree 4 chicken breasts and a few sad, half-rotted, limp vegetables and let them have at it?

Will she even make the cake?

How many chicken breasts will Kelly buy for the wedding dinner?

Jesus fed the 5000 with five loaves and two fish. Surely Kelly can feed a slightly smaller crowd with less! (Or will try to, anyway.)

I think she forgets she is not Jesus sometimes. It's a mistake anyone could make. :roll:

Jesus fed the 5000 with five loaves and two fish. Surely Kelly can feed a slightly smaller crowd with less! (Or will try to, anyway.)

I think she forgets she is not Jesus sometimes. It's a mistake anyone could make. :roll:

laughed so hard at this :lol:

Man, I just went to her blog and read that post about their Samaritan insurance, and thought to myself that it seemed nice. It could be a good thing to people who need help. Then I got to the end where it stipulated you have to be a Christian and a member of a church. So these good samaritans will help you, but only if you share their beliefs? Assholes!

And this is why I call it Scamaritan Ministries

Kelly wrote a song for Bria as a wedding present and some guy is setting it to music, apparently.

facebook.com/steven.skinner.946/posts/10202150726602853

Archived