IGNORED

Altar'd State- Christian clothing store

socuteyoullpuke

Hmm. Either this: http://www.altardstate.com/shop/apparel ... dress.html or this: http://www.altardstate.com/shop/apparel ... dress.html ... would probably look pretty cute on my postpartum self this fall, over dark jeans. But:

--I can't get behind shopping for Jesus

--I don't spend $70 on anything that isn't shoes, a purse, or a fancy dress

--I can't tell if this stuff is junior-sized and thus the wrong cut for me.

They have a size chart - it's in misses sizes.

I just looked at their store locator and the locations I saw showed open Sundays noon-6.

Must be recent. Not to go into too much detail about what I do for a living but I've met with folks from this company before and they used to be big on closing down on Sundays, which caused problems with a lot of mall landlords.

Really some of FJ is confused by the name? It's a play on words!

I think the clothes look like anything I'd see on women in their twenties to thirties in my beachy, far left, crunchy but with a high proportion of blingy girls.

I didn't think the volunteer hours were too impressive, but they are only counting the hours that workers perform on company time, I believe. And most places don't pay there workers to do volunteer work. I didn't think the 1% donated really isn't a big percent worthy of how much stress they put on it. On the other hand it's still $ going to charity that wouldn't otherwise.

If I was going to buy a cute trendy overpriced shirt I'd just as soon a small portion went to some sort of good cause, thank spend the exact same money and have none of it go to charity.

I think they are definitely over-stating how awesome they are, but really when it comes to most charities every dollar counts.

Edited because leaving out words changes the meaning

Their trying to be Christian Cutesy name comes off as just that to me...sickeningly cutesy.

I like a lot of the stuff, but it's WAY overpriced for me. $59 for a simple flowy jersey top? I don't think so. :pink-shock:

It is definitely low-rent Anthropolgie. I buy all my clothes at Anthro (the sales are amazing if you work it - I have gotten $400 dresses for $39 and $295 silk blouses for $19.99) and they last forever. I sincerely doubt this place has that type of quality. I am waiting for Olivia to discover them - this is totally her. I am surprised she hasn't partnered with them yet like a good SAHD

Add me to the list of those who like the wedding dress. However, I'm surprised that, given the cut down the back, it would be considered as appropriate for even fundie-lites.

Add me to the list of those who like the wedding dress. However, I'm surprised that, given the cut down the back, it would be considered as appropriate for even fundie-lites.

The bride i was talking about is ex-fundie, (homemade dress and headcovering kind of fundie lol) She is one of the "modest is hottest" kinds now. That's why i was surprised (but shouldn't have been) to find her style on that site, still kind of-sort of Christian-ese. :shrug: i only care because it's annoying when people act like they have a corner on what's super-speshul godly. It just always smacked of hypocrisy for some of the girls in the group to follow trends as close as they could with shoes and accessories and colors even though they made their clothes, while pretending that they were better than "worldly" girls who'd go to the mall. And this new Christian thing is just the latest incarnation, esp. with the prices. "Hey i'd never be so ungodly to flash a gucci label but here's an altar'd label!!" :roll:

Archived