IGNORED

Josie Duggar and the Duggar House in 2034

ADoyle90815

I'm surprised Michelle doesn't have one already! I was thinking about that earlier. Just imaging her running around with one and going out with the doll under that "my breast friend" blanket. Those creepy reborn dolls are perfect for her. She loses interest in her kids the second they start showing any sort of personality or hit any developmental milestone (like crawling).

I'm also surprised Michelle doesn't have one of those dolls already, since she's at the age where she's either going to go through menopause, or is already going through it. As she hasn't had a pregnancy since the miscarriage she named Jubilee, it's possible her baby factory for Jesus has completely shut down.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• CorruptionInc.

• mebeforee

• FloraKitty35

• DuggarsTheEndIsNear

NeverQuivered
I think mostly by then they will have done some changes in the house cause some of the kids will be living at home with their families cause they ran out of cheap houses in the area to buy and flip.

It's rural Arkansas, theirs no shortage of CHEAP houses.

I have visions of the LGs now that the TLC money isn't there for fun trips etc getting bummed out by hearing oh you've been to Israel, you're just too young to remember... or oh we went to Asia before you were born.

Talitha Cumi
They're not the Maxwells or the Pearls, they don't really have a huge influence in the community outside of the media attention. The family will lose their cash cow (unless they find a new niche - Molester Redemption seminars? GOD WORKED THROUGH JOSH AND HE CAN WORK THROUGH YOU TOO~) but the kids will be freer. Their parents may try to crack down, but the external threat to their family's livelihood if they should choose to go a different way is now gone.

I USED TO BE A CHILD MOLESTER BUT JESUS SET ME FREE!

Trynn

I USED TO BE A CHILD MOLESTER BUT JESUS SET ME FREE!

I can't even find that funny....

I could see it happening, though... I have to go take zofran now.

ShepherdontheRock

I'm also surprised Michelle doesn't have one of those dolls already, since she's at the age where she's either going to go through menopause, or is already going through it. As she hasn't had a pregnancy since the miscarriage she named Jubilee, it's possible her baby factory for Jesus has completely shut down.

Slightly OT, but does anyone else think it's truly bizarre how J'Chelle talks about Jubilee/Caleb being her children in heaven. It's almost as if aside maybe Josh/Josie, they were the favorite kids all along, because she was pregnant with them but never had to take care of them...

CorruptionInc.

Slightly OT, but does anyone else think it's truly bizarre how J'Chelle talks about Jubilee/Caleb being her children in heaven. It's almost as if aside maybe Josh/Josie, they were the favorite kids all along, because she was pregnant with them but never had to take care of them...

I think Jubilee is very special to Mullet as she was the elusive #20.

In regards to Caleb and going along with the theory that Josh is the one she actually decided to have, Caleb was another wanted Child, but any after him she had checked out.

ShepherdontheRock

I think Jubilee is very special to Mullet as she was the elusive #20.

In regards to Caleb and going along with the theory that Josh is the one she actually decided to have, Caleb was another wanted Child, but any after him she had checked out.

The irony being Caleb was actually unplanned. Unless the thing about Jchelle being on the pill was a lie, like how they TOTALLY REGRET NOT SAVING THEIR FIRST KISS, Y'ALL!

Idk if she had CHECKED out checked out yet, but I think Caleb may have been the final catalyst for them to go from fundie lite to full blown fundie.

HarryPotterFan

Would things be different if that doctor didn't tell them thay birth control caused the J'Caleb miscarriage?

balsamicvinegar
Would things be different if that doctor didn't tell them thay birth control caused the J'Caleb miscarriage?

I think it might have. The miscarriage seemed to be the final push, but Jim Bob alqays said he didn't feel bis father was godly enough. I don't know if they would have become Gothardites if J'Caleb had been born, but i could see them being a fundie-lite family.

JMO

Count me in the boat of the littles making different choices than the older sibs and probably leaving the nest. I do really think that the children now see a difference in how they will live (no big trips for the whole family abroad as part of the show, no huge registries for grifting at wedding and baby shower time, fewer interviews/tours and probably no more books.) I think that if I was someone that was counting on that to help me start off my marriage/livelihood and now that's gone I'd be disappointed. Josiah is still going to have leg humpers sending gifts for his wedding, if and when it happens. But it won't be on the level as his sisters. And there won't be a payout from People magazine for pictures. And that money that the Dillards got for their covers and baby Izzy's birth story? That helped to pay for their mission trip. The other kids won't start off with that nice nest egg either. It's a long way back to making clothes and stretching a lb of chicken to feed a large family.

The LGs may want to make different choices, but the Duggars are setting them up for very limited choices.

I too think Michelle is getting run down. Having that many pregnancies is hard on your body. I'd bet she is in for some arthritis in her hips to say the least. As to the younger girls, I see them as having the best chance at breaking free. The older girls were Baptized into the Gothard Koolaid and will be too under Jim Bob's thumb to break away. I think The two youngest girls will put up a united protest against the parents and will be in the 1%. I still have hope for Jessa and Ben. Ben's family is too fundie, but Jessa is a strong woman. At some point she will make Ben grow a pair and she will go fundie light. Jill is too attached to daddy to do anything but follow his rules. Ugh. Josh will be in jail for molestation.

It's rural Arkansas, theirs no shortage of CHEAP houses.

Flipping houses is something they could easily do and even involve Josh so he's doing something to contribute. Most people aren't going to realize the Duggars are the ones selling the house until Jim Bob shows up at closing.

I expect they're going to make major cut backs but will manage to keep afloat. They lived with very little income before TLC and should be able to do it again. Plus I wouldn't be surprised if they write some book that is pretty much the Megan Kelly interview in writing.

Josh and family could get a house built on the compound now. They'd probably be safer there and it would let them sell the ome house they bought. I don't think the new baby will cost that much if there are no medical emergencies. Anna probably saved the cloth diapers and will find a way to stick to it with no income. And I believe Anna breastfed all her children so I expect unless major issues occur she'll nurse M4. I could also see Josh writing a book.

• 2 weeks later...
nastyhobbitses

JB will basically become a slum lord to support his under-educated, unskilled children (and probably go all Gil Bates and sponge off of any legitimate employment John-David has). Michelle will isolate herself more and more, feeling unable to connect with her children now that none of them are babies she can dress, feed, and most of all control.

Jill and Derick will grow tired of El Salvador (or the security situation there, which is already not the best, will deteriorate and they'll beg the evil US government to help them evacuate) and move back to Arkansas. Derick will find a job doing accounting for some small fundie organization. Jill will have more kids and feel sad that people don't worship her white babies like they do in El Salvador.

After having her baby, Jessa will become the Alyssa Bates of the family. Still just as zealous, but she'll realize that she can do it (and get more people to be receptive of her message) in jeans. Ben will work for JB or get himself a job on some fringe Tea Party Republican's campaign. He will think he is a right-wing Josh Lyman. He will actually be the fundie lady from the first episode whom Josh insults.

Jana will quietly court and marry someone who's well-suited to her. She will have three kids and run a chevron and inspirational quote filled mommy blog. It will be decently well-written and she will seem happy, and that's what matters most.

Josh will get nailed for more recent sexual misconduct (but not with his children, I pray) and become even more of a pariah. Anna will not leave him, but will consider it.

The Lost Girls will grow more and more attached to Amy now that Jill is too busy pumping out kids and annoying poor Central Americans. They will start seeing the virtues of pants and tank tops and dating. Josie will rebel the most because she can get away with the most. She will attempt a pop album, which will get some attention because of her last name, but eventually she'll settle down a bit and marry two or three times, each marriage getting a smaller and smaller blurb in People Magazine. She will start a clothing line and it will sell well enough to give her a living, but she won't ascend much beyond "oh she's the preemie one from 19 Kids and Counting, I wonder how she is these days?"

Jana will quietly court and marry someone who's well-suited to her. She will have three kids and run a chevron and inspirational quote filled mommy blog. It will be decently well-written and she will seem happy, and that's what matters most.

Lololol you must never have seen the blog post Jana wrote for JTTH. It was a good few years ago but I'm sure she was an adult at the time and it was terrible. SOTDRT at its finest.

imokit

Josh will quietly work for his Dad, he will inherit the TTH when J&M get too old to maintain it.

John will drift away subtly and continue doing his own thing. Many of the younger boys will how he does it and copy him, it won't be dramatic but they'll gradually become more mainstream.

Jana will find someone wonderful who will treasure her and let have a quiet life. She will not admit to family planning, but her will either have fertility issues, or widely spaced children. She won't have more than 6 children. She will remain close to home and continue to exert a huge influence over her sister/children

Jinger or Joy will do an Alyssa and find someone who is less legalistic than their family and will give them more freedom. Jinger will not have eleventy children.

The little girls will see their brothers subtly drifting away and Jinger/Joy subtely gaming the system. One of them will throw a hissy fit and be the first to officially rebel (as opposed to drifting/using the system). This will result in a subsequent crackdown anyone under 18 will be affected. Jana will moderate and soften the blow. The crackdown will fail and unite the other littles into rebellion.

Josie will either be the one leading the rebellion or she will be the only one who stays while actively maintaining her place as the miracle child.

The Duggar parent's will attempt an adoption to stay in the limelight. Likely Michelle, if not Jessa or Jill.

• 2 weeks later...
Mothership
There may be some hope yet for the youngest kids. I am not trying to be snarky or funny, but Michelle didn't look so good in her last interview, who knows how much longer she can hold on to what remains of her health. I don't see her having the energy to monitor and place huge restrictions on the last 8 or 9 kids as they reach adulthood. I honestly don't see her making it to 2034.

Just started this thread and I apologize for possibly derailing it.

But, this thought about J'chelle's health really got me thinking. Physically having 19 kids is HARD on her body and the added stress of Joshgate has got to be significant.

BUT, should (heaven forbid), something happen to her, can't you see JBoob marrying a younger, fertile Gothardite trophy wife and adding another 19 kids? THAT would resurrect the show!

imokit

Just started this thread and I apologize for possibly derailing it.

But, this thought about J'chelle's health really got me thinking. Physically having 19 kids is HARD on her body and the added stress of Joshgate has got to be significant.

BUT, should (heaven forbid), something happen to her, can't you see JBoob marrying a younger, fertile Gothardite trophy wife and adding another 19 kids? THAT would resurrect the show!

I could completely see that, for the sake of those kids, lets prey it doesn't happen!

:pray:

IrishCarrie

After all the recent events and in particular the disgusting Megan Kelly thing (can't call it an interview.... :? ) I've sworn to never again watch a Duggar show, click on their website or YouTubes etc. I rely on Free Jinger to keep me updated. :D

But if Jimbob was remarrying and starting a new family? I'd be glued to it. Wouldn't be able to help myself.

I'm not proud of that but it is what it is.....

:roll: :roll: :roll:

• 2 weeks later...
Luvmyskinnyjeanz

J'Chelle will finally snap and stab Jimboob. Her new show will be call ' Breeders Behind Bars' with the kids making guest appearances. :popcorn2:

YourGodIsNotMine
J'Chelle will finally snap and stab Jimboob. Her new show will be call ' Breeders Behind Bars' with the kids making guest appearances. :popcorn2:

The orange jumpsuit will be beautiful with her skin.

twinmama

i have so wondered about this developmental delay - can you expand thoughts on this

I don't see any developmental delay that is related to prematurity. I think more of Josie's issues if she has them come from being the 19th child to parents who don't give a shit or try to raise them or teach them anything.

twinmama

I agree that she seems to have developed quite well considering her extreme prematurity. It could have been very, very much worse of course - the Duggars have been exceptionally lucky.

However, she still seems small and slight for her age - premature babies take a long time to catch up, if they ever do. She might end up being pretty small.

The fact that she is "funny looking" as you put it, may be significant. None of the other children have those eyes. She is pale and thin. Her movements seem quite jerky. Although her speech has developed better than I would have expected, she still isn't as fluent as she might be for a four-year-old girl (and yes, boys are often behind girls in expressive development, but on the other hand often ahead in physical development - I think Josie is behind in both). Her interaction with other children seems more limited than one would expect for her age.

People have made comparisons with Anna's sister Priscilla who was also premature and while of course we don't know, I think it's possible Josie may develop something like this - a functioning adult, but with some limitations. On the other hand she may catch up completely, and let's hope so. One thing in her favour is that, as Michelle's permanent "baby", she gets most of what limited attention J'chelle is willing to give her children, by the looks of it. That extra stimulation will help her.

And her "funny looking" is prematurity. That's it. Buggy eyes are a preemie thing, some outgrow it, some don't. When most babies are floating around a uterus growing, getting fat and practicing breathing, she was in a NICU putting all her energy toward staying alive and learning to breathe and eat.

DuggarsTheEndIsNear

I don't see any developmental delay that is related to prematurity. I think more of Josie's issues if she has them come from being the 19th child to parents who don't give a shit or try to raise them or teach them anything.

Well that and she's the last of 19 kids, making her the "baby." They're going to infantliize her for her entire life. She's not going to be the same maturity wise as she she should be because they're going to try so desperately hard to keep her a baby. I mean it's bad enough when you're the youngest of 2 or 3, but you start getting into double digits and that youngest child isn't going to stand a chance. Especially if the family is so obsessed with babies that they cant appreciate children.

• Recent Status Updates

• Jasmar

Jasmar

My uncle just died from COVID. He wasn’t that much older than I am, so I kind of grew up with him. Just ten days ago my mom had been pleading with him to get vaccinated, but he wanted to wait to make sure the shots were really safe. I’m kind of devastated.
      · 4 replies
    • PumaLover

PumaLover

I just found out my little bonus kid is in a treatment center on a suicide watch tonight. He and I share a hobby and a couple weeks back he opened up to me that he's severely depressed and was wanting to hurt himself. I let his parents know and thankfully he had also been talking to them. I'm just heartbroken because him being in this center means that his parents had to call 911 and have him admitted and I know that was so hard for them to do. He's a young kid and has his whole life ahead of him but just wants to end it all and I don't know how to help him. 
      · 5 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

HerNameIsBuffy

Middle aged woman with mommy issues...but missing her today.
      She got so much wrong with me, but she had the best intentions and tried so hard. 
      She got so much right, too.  I forget that sometimes.  Sometimes I remember and dismiss it out of spite.  
      “They did the best they could with the tools they had.”  I forgot where I first heard that but I’ve carried it with me like a mantra since my parents passed.   They truly did.  Whatever else was missing, whatever I needed that they couldn’t give, the love was always there.  

Always. 
      That’s something.
      My confidence in my own abilities.  Faith in my own power.  My own strength.  They gave me that, too.
      That’s also something.  
      They’re why I’m messed up, but they’re also why I’m okay.  

Shit’s complicated.
      She died before I figured out how smart she really was.  Sad thing is I don’t think ever figured that out for herself.  
      Ignore me - just crying in my car waiting to pick up my son.  

· 1 reply
    • CuttySark

CuttySark

The nice thing about posting about Jewish history is how quickly it flushes out the antisemites. 😘
      · 2 replies
    • choralcrusader8613

choralcrusader8613

I've been feeling a shitload of this for a while now about various types of Christians tbh.

· 0 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

HerNameIsBuffy

It's Friday so yay!  But sweet Jesus I need it to be the end of the day already.  Crappy week and I'm so ready for it to be over.

· 0 replies
    • nst

nst

I got vaccinated yesterday. In the am I got the email and I was  vaccinated 
      · 0 replies
    • PsyD2013

PsyD2013

Exhausted. I need a weekend off the grid.

· 0 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

This will make the internetz explode. 
      · 1 reply
    • indianabones

indianabones

Making my fifth offer on a house tomorrow! I've gotten pretty attached to this one, too... fingers crossed!
      · 2 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.