IGNORED

Josie Duggar and the Duggar House in 2034

EmeraldPickle

Obviously we talk about whats happening now with the Duggar Family and what has happened in the past and maybe in general; whats gonna happen in the next decade or so. The year 2034 will see Josie at her 25th birthday. How drastically different will she turn out because of the more privileged life she will lead as a result of TLC and the fact that she probably will be the last sibling born at this point. Will JB and DQ still be die hard Gothardites/ATI or will have they abandoned the whole thing for a more mainstream evangelical christian lifestyle? So many possible outcomes. :think:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We just have to hope she's ok, don't we? Still a fair amount of developmental delay there I think.

JB will have turned the compound into Duggarworld by then, but the tourists will be thin on the ground as everyone will have lost interest decades before ...

We just have to hope she's ok, don't we? Still a fair amount of developmental delay there I think.

JB will have turned the compound into Duggarworld by then, but the tourists will be thin on the ground as everyone will have lost interest decades before ...

i have so wondered about this developmental delay - can you expand thoughts on this

Josie and the rest of the younger ones will probably be pretty much feral wolf people by this time.

The cameras wont be on, so Michelle will no longer feel the need to interact with them, and the older ones will leave home so wont be paying attention to them....so they will still be running around the house acting like kids (seriously, the Howlers took ages to start being like teenagers, which is why its still hard to believe that they are 10-15 year olds, not all about 8-12) and will have regressed to growling at people and eating whatever they find in the fridge.

I think one of two things will happen. Either the younger kids will be completely feral and out of the cult, or, when they start to go crazy and want out, they'll be re-indoctrinated by their siblings and other members of the family who will do their best to "love" them into submission. Oh, but you have to go to church more, Josie, remember JOY? Our parents wouldn't be happy if you rejected a courtship, and just think how ashamed the rest of the family would be if you went to college! We love you so much and only want what's best for you.

Even if JB and M were no longer int he picture, I don't think it ends there. The shaming and monitoring will go on for years to come, unless the howlers went into hiding.

Well, I don't think Grandma will be doing the laundry anymore.

Agree about it becoming Duggarland - I can imagine some sort of museum and gift shop, with leghumpers and a few family members (for authenticity) working there. Maybe a chapel of some sort with tracts for visitors.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if there are family members living in smaller houses built on the property. No or little rent, but expected to "help out".

I think Josie will be there, and happy. A few of the other kids will be very far away. Younger howlers will stay nearby.

I could see it becoming some kind of creepy crazy place like with the Dionne quints.... start putting them on display. :?

That documentary Grey Gardens?? Yeah, that. Only it will be Precious Josie and J'chelle, and they'll be wearing frumpers again. The tin house will have rusted and the lone holdouts will still continue to defer to their headship, Jimboob, by asking daddy for guidance. 'Cause see, he'll be long dead, but they'll keep him in one of their industrial freezers because they won't know what to do without him. And J'chelle will go all gollum when she introduces Josie to any poor soul who happens upon them by saying, "And this is Josie, my preeeeeccciousss!"

It could happen.

i have so wondered about this developmental delay - can you expand thoughts on this

I don't understand this rumor...because she's kind of funny-looking people think she's delayed? She was born two days after my (full-term) son, but she speaks better than he does, and is better at mugging for cameras than he is. Since girls pick up on things like that faster than boys tend to, I'd say she's right on track.

I don't understand this rumor...because she's kind of funny-looking people think she's delayed? She was born two days after my (full-term) son, but she speaks better than he does, and is better at mugging for cameras than he is. Since girls pick up on things like that faster than boys tend to, I'd say she's right on track.

I agree that she seems to have developed quite well considering her extreme prematurity. It could have been very, very much worse of course - the Duggars have been exceptionally lucky.

However, she still seems small and slight for her age - premature babies take a long time to catch up, if they ever do. She might end up being pretty small.

The fact that she is "funny looking" as you put it, may be significant. None of the other children have those eyes. She is pale and thin. Her movements seem quite jerky. Although her speech has developed better than I would have expected, she still isn't as fluent as she might be for a four-year-old girl (and yes, boys are often behind girls in expressive development, but on the other hand often ahead in physical development - I think Josie is behind in both). Her interaction with other children seems more limited than one would expect for her age.

People have made comparisons with Anna's sister Priscilla who was also premature and while of course we don't know, I think it's possible Josie may develop something like this - a functioning adult, but with some limitations. On the other hand she may catch up completely, and let's hope so. One thing in her favour is that, as Michelle's permanent "baby", she gets most of what limited attention J'chelle is willing to give her children, by the looks of it. That extra stimulation will help her.

I agree that she seems to have developed quite well considering her extreme prematurity. It could have been very, very much worse of course - the Duggars have been exceptionally lucky.

However, she still seems small and slight for her age - premature babies take a long time to catch up, if they ever do. She might end up being pretty small.

The fact that she is "funny looking" as you put it, may be significant. None of the other children have those eyes. She is pale and thin. Her movements seem quite jerky. Although her speech has developed better than I would have expected, she still isn't as fluent as she might be for a four-year-old girl (and yes, boys are often behind girls in expressive development, but on the other hand often ahead in physical development - I think Josie is behind in both). Her interaction with other children seems more limited than one would expect for her age.

People have made comparisons with Anna's sister Priscilla who was also premature and while of course we don't know, I think it's possible Josie may develop something like this - a functioning adult, but with some limitations. On the other hand she may catch up completely, and let's hope so. One thing in her favour is that, as Michelle's permanent "baby", she gets most of what limited attention J'chelle is willing to give her children, by the looks of it. That extra stimulation will help her.

Jinger does (though she seems to have grown into them in recent years). I actually think Josie looks a lot like Jinger. I mean, Josie's eyes could be due to her prematurity, because IIRC preemies often do have protuberant eyes, but she could have just inherited the same eyes as Jinger.

I know nothing about children, though, so I can't comment on developmental delays.

Josie's gonna be a big time party girl with a Southern accent. Like, actual parties, with booze and boys and electric bullriding. Yee haw!

I also think that Jinger and Josie resemble each other. I always thought that Jinger as a child a looked different then the Duggars. As Josie gets older she seems to resemble her.

My guess is that in 2034 most of the children will have left home. Some will be just as fundie as their parents, some will be fundie-lite and a couple will have left conservative Christianity all together. My guess is that one daughter will stay at home to help with any unmarried brothers and care for Jimbob and Michelle. It may be Josie but Jennifer wouldn't surprise me either. And it could even be Jana (poor Jana).

that made me ROFL - the original version not the Drew Barrymore version

this seriously made me ROFL

Yes! Of course the original version. :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

• 10 months later...

Well . . . now Josh has been outed as a child molester, and Jim Bob and Michelle have come across very poorly on Megyn Kelly's show. The parents didn't go to the Colorado Home School conference this year, perhaps because they feared questions if not actual protests, and no forthcoming TLC shows or Duggar public appearances are in the offing at the moment. It begins to look like the money from TLC and appearances has run out, and it's hard to imagine that Jim Bob has the business ability or smarts to support the whole crew, almost all of whom are completely financially dependent upon him. It's hard to imagine that a lot of people in the community would WANT to do business with Jim Bob, if they thought he came across like a jerk who had every sympathy for his child-molesting son and none for the son's victims.

Josh, presumably, will need to lean on Dad to support him and his soon-to-be-four kids; he's not exactly a dream hire for ANYONE, from here on out.

So . . . how many people is that who are relying on JB for food and shelter right now? If he can't support them, then what will become of them? Since the gravy train seems to have run dry, what's going to happen to all of these people who have looked to Jim Bob for funds? Things have changed hugely since this question was last asked. Now, what do you think is going to have happened to all of them by 2034?

I've said it before, I'll say it again, I think Josie is the one to watch. Yes, she's spoiled, and the baby, but that might work out in that when she gets older, either she could have more leeway and get away with more, OR when Boob and J'chelle try to rein her in, she flips shit and gets out. I could be wrong but that's my opinion.

I agree that Josie favors Jinger in looks, and hey, remember how spunky and firey Jinger used to seem? Maybe Josie inherited a bit of that too. I swear I've already heard some sassy comments and seen her pull a few Jinger-ish faces, maybe Josie will have a fire in her eyes and it WON'T get stamped out.

Am I reading far too much into this? Probably. Am I far too optimistic? Most likely? Am I going to secretly hope that I'm right and Josie bitches out her parents before storming out into the world? Absolutely. :D

C'mon Josie!

I think mostly by then they will have done some changes in the house cause some of the kids will be living at home with their families cause they ran out of cheap houses in the area to buy and flip.

There may be some hope yet for the youngest kids. I am not trying to be snarky or funny, but Michelle didn't look so good in her last interview, who knows how much longer she can hold on to what remains of her health. I don't see her having the energy to monitor and place huge restrictions on the last 8 or 9 kids as they reach adulthood. I honestly don't see her making it to 2034. Lord only knows what Jim Bob will be up to in the next couple of years. He's probably really going to start pushing the young boys out to get married or start working sooner.

Sadly, I think Jana will still be there running the place and Josie, Jennifer, Jordan, and little Joy are going to have a lot more freedom than their older sisters. Josie will have been lucky enough to see the men her older sisters have married and how that has worked for them (can you imagine Jessa and Ben in 15 years without money from the show?) and hopefully that will help her make a better decision.

Or Jim Bob and Michelle may completely lose it and get even stricter with the younger kids, but I don't think so. There are so many younger kids and Jim and Michelle are getting older and look tired.

I haven't seen Grey Gardens (must look into it) but I'm kinda seeing a Mommie Dearest-like situation.

Michelle will be 68 and JB 70. They might not be giving many shits by then. Who knows? :think:

I haven't seen Grey Gardens (must look into it) but I'm kinda seeing a Mommie Dearest-like situation.

Michelle will be 68 and JB 70. They might not be giving many shits by then. Who knows? :think:

It really depends on the people. Nowdays, this age isn't really old (unless you have severe health problems), so they could easily spend their time terrorizing their offsprings. Only solution for the children would be to move out as soon as possible.

It might be the only time it has great advantages to have 18 siblings: once the kids are out of the house, mom and dad can't keep track of all of them all the time.

Archived