IGNORED

Turkish PM says women should not laugh in public and more

NotALoserLikeYou

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2709713/Women-not-laugh-public-says-Turkish-Deputy-Prime-Minister-calls-people-rediscover-Koran-stop-acting-like-sex-addicts.html?ito=social-facebook

Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister has said women should not laugh out loud in public and urged them to stop talking about 'unnecessary' things on the phone.

Bülent Arınç also complained about 'moral corruption' by television programmes which he claims are transforming teenagers from 'symbols of chastity' into 'sex addicts'.

Speaking at an Eid el-Fitr - breaking of the fast - event in the northwestern city of Bursa, he claimed Turks had 'abandoned their values' and pleaded people to rediscover the Koran.

Describing his ideal chaste man or woman, Arnic said they should both have a sense of shame and honour.

'Chastity is so important,' he said. 'It is not only a name. It is an ornament for both women and men. [she] will have chasteness. Man will have it, too. He will not be a womaniser.

'He will be bound to his wife. He will love his children. She will not laugh in public. She will not be inviting in her attitudes and will protect her chasteness,' he added.

According to the Hurriyet Daily News, he went on to condemn the transformation of young females in society.

He said: 'Where are our girls, who slightly blush, lower their heads and turn their eyes away when we look at their face, becoming the symbol of chastity?'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z38ugaoZ39

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I saw this. His bit about women talking to one another on the phone reminded me of Doug PHillips who thought women shouldn't talk with or develop deep friendships with one another....

In the end, Fundamentalists are all the same.

I'm not defending these comments, and I am not a fan of the Erdogan administration at all (and things just keep getting worse)...but just a heads up that the Cumhurriyet is a really anti-Erdogan paper that is known for, er, not exactly trying to remain neutral and factual in its depiction of Erdogan's Justice and Development Party. I'd take all of this with a grain of salt.

Archived