IGNORED

Matching Outfits (Duggars and Bates)

BeccaGrim

I always thought the non-matching outfits were an F-You Internet thing. It always struck me as a) a way to prove to us snarkers that the kids DO have a choice in how they dress and DO have individual personalities, and b) a way to potentially "save" people or get support for their political beliefs (The idea being: "The Duggars are Just Like You! They dress in normal people clothes, wear makeup, and do their hair like normal people. Aren't they just relatable? Don't you just love them? Don't you just want to be like them? Why not convert?")

• 1 month later...

Is he? I hadn't heard that.

I wouldn't be surprised - he has no real education and no experience other than being a fundy Christian celebrity. FRC should be embarrassed to have hired him.

• 2 years later...
On 29-7-2014 at 3:54 AM, BeccaGrim said:

This is true. But I must tell you when I was sixteen years old if my mom had told me we had to dress alike, I would have refused. Now, I know, they don't have that kind of power to say no.

At 16, I think most moms and dads are not overly enthusiastic about their daughters dressing style. At least around here those are the years most kids develop their own style and that results in some horrible try outs. My dad hated dr Martins, those where working shoes not ladylike, I came home from the hairdresser with black hair once (not my finest hairstyle) and mom was jerking up my shirts all the time. I had a clothing allowance so total liberty, but no they weren't fans :). 

Archived