IGNORED

Peter Bringe engaged to Melody Seppi

youthfulclearly

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Found their wedding website. ewedding.com/v30/main.php?a=PeterMelody

Password is *removing quoted password*

Um, I am not sure it is okay to publicly publish a password to a private website. You might want to redact it until you check with the mods. I am pretty sure it's against the rule, but I might be wrong?

Watched the YouTube video. Wow, she kept wanting to hug him and be next to him and he couldn't get enough distance between them. Very awkward.

Um, yeah, posting passwords is not okay imo. But anyways, that proposal was sooooo awkward.

I was doing some facebook digging the other day and realized some of my fundie family and acquaintances are at least FB friends with a lot of other well known fundies so I'll have to see if they somehow wrangle an invitation to this Seppi wedding/covenant/whatever.

Watched the YouTube video. Wow, she kept wanting to hug him and be next to him and he couldn't get enough distance between them. Very awkward.

Hugely awkward! :shakehead2:

Oh maaaan. I know the Bible says "make a joyful noise unto the Lord" but I can only imagine Jesus throwing up his hands and begging them to stop that racket...

Oh maaaan. I know the Bible says "make a joyful noise unto the Lord" but I can only imagine Jesus throwing up his hands and begging them to stop that racket...

:lol: :laughing-rollingyellow:

I loved watching the grumpy old guy behind the lectern. The second the singing is over he's breaking down his equipment and gives every indication of wanting out of there. He nods approvingly a couple of times at the beginning of Young Sideburns speech when the talk is of working towards gaining freedom in America (blah, blah, blah). Then suddenly the freedom speech is over and Sideburns is down on his knees in the center of the room asking someone out of camera range to marry him.

Grumpy Guy claps politely for four seconds and then goes back to packing up his equipment, but if you watch at the 1:24-25 mark, he suddenly looks at the young lady and gives his head a couple of quick disapproving shakes. I wondered if he was shaking his head at someone in the group beyond the young couple, or if he felt that the hugging had gone on too long. He pretty much ignores the young couple after that.

That poor girl, she could only gaze longingly at her new fiance, I really got the impression she wanted to keep hugging him, but he'd put a couple of feet between them and didn't look at her again. I don't know if he was really embarrassed, or already having second thoughts about getting married.

He's just protecting her from her perverse desires. What starts out as an 'innocent' hug can turn into a naked orgy just like that.

I love that they have a need for a lectern in their living room. It just screams self important blowhard.

Not sure why, but this Peter guy reminds me of Percy Weasley from HP. I get the vibe that he is an extreme type A who isn't interested in deviating from the rules or the schedule, and regularly scolds those who do. Thinks he has a sense of humor, but really doesn't. If he wasn't a fundie, I'd think he was the rich prep school country club type who led the debate team and school newspaper, as well as being the president of student government. I also get the vibe that he spends most of his time kissing ass to any and all superiors in the hope of one day being leader of...whatever it is they are.

I loved watching the grumpy old guy behind the lectern. The second the singing is over he's breaking down his equipment and gives every indication of wanting out of there. He nods approvingly a couple of times at the beginning of Young Sideburns speech when the talk is of working towards gaining freedom in America (blah, blah, blah). Then suddenly the freedom speech is over and Sideburns is down on his knees in the center of the room asking someone out of camera range to marry him.

Grumpy Guy claps politely for four seconds and then goes back to packing up his equipment, but if you watch at the 1:24-25 mark, he suddenly looks at the young lady and gives his head a couple of quick disapproving shakes. I wondered if he was shaking his head at someone in the group beyond the young couple, or if he felt that the hugging had gone on too long. He pretty much ignores the young couple after that.

That poor girl, she could only gaze longingly at her new fiance, I really got the impression she wanted to keep hugging him, but he'd put a couple of feet between them and didn't look at her again. I don't know if he was really embarrassed, or already having second thoughts about getting married.

lol i didn't even notice that guy. Thanks for pointing him out. And oh my gosh what a prude! He certainly seems to be shaking his head and saying "no" about the physical contact. :roll:

He's just protecting her from her perverse desires. What starts out as an 'innocent' hug can turn into a naked orgy just like that.

I love that they have a need for a lectern in their living room. It just screams self important blowhard.

This is formal homechurch, y'all. :lol:

This is formal homechurch, y'all. :lol:

No, no Coco. This is a very important history conference!

Melody posted something back in the spring that indicated she was pining for marriage and that her dad told her to wait patiently, lose weight and read Rushdoony. I cannot forget that for some reason.

The Seppi girls are much more attractive in motion than in pictures. Megan is pretty adorable. How she bears looking at greasy, obnoxious Lance I have no clue. Fama is much nicer looking with that big smile on her face. Regina is in the background, attached to Greg like glue. Greg still looks rather attractive until you realize that he is a 96 year old divorcee who married a young girl only a few years older than his daughter.

No, no Coco. This is a very important history conference!

Melody posted something back in the spring that indicated she was pining for marriage and that her dad told her to wait patiently, lose weight and read Rushdoony. I cannot forget that for some reason.

The Seppi girls are much more attractive in motion than in pictures. Megan is pretty adorable. How she bears looking at greasy, obnoxious Lance I have no clue. Fama is much nicer looking with that big smile on her face. Regina is in the background, attached to Greg like glue. Greg still looks rather attractive until you realize that he is a 96 year old divorcee who married a young girl only a few years older than his daughter.

oh, sorry about that. Yes, singing "How Firm a Foundation" totally fits at a fundie history conference :lol: That does make his blah blah about America seem less awkward. A dad that would tell his daughter to lose weight and read Rushdoony? :angry-banghead: After having to live under an authority like that, being married to any half-decent guy is going to seem like a vacation. Good for her! Esp. with the hugging, i hope she gets out and isn't too indoctrinated to not take advantage of the freedom.

I am getting a Doug Phillips (is a tool) vibe from him.

Also, how romantic to propose while whining about christian persecution.

Not sure why, but this Peter guy reminds me of Percy Weasley from HP. I get the vibe that he is an extreme type A who isn't interested in deviating from the rules or the schedule, and regularly scolds those who do. Thinks he has a sense of humor, but really doesn't. If he wasn't a fundie, I'd think he was the rich prep school country club type who led the debate team and school newspaper, as well as being the president of student government. I also get the vibe that he spends most of his time kissing ass to any and all superiors in the hope of one day being leader of...whatever it is they are.

Percy indeed. With a side of Vernon Dursley (you know they would be besties!)

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't focus on much but the GG in the background either - or not on the first viewing!

And I couldn't get over how much Melody was seeming to want to be near Peter, and how comfortable she seemed to be with any physical contact. I definitely don't recall that being the case with her sisters and the videos we saw of them! But man was he not on the same page with that. Very interesting.

The sister in pink at the counter in the kitchen (Regina?) seemed to know it was coming. She was smiling knowingly early on before it became apparent where it was all going. And looking at the picture on the Seppi blog sidebar, I just realized that Greg's daughter, Abigail, looks quite a lot like Megan :shock: Even how they style their hair is similar.

I was actually also surprised at how dependent most of them seemed to be on their sheets that apparently held the words for "How Firm a Foundation." Considering the limited list of acceptable music and hymns used, I'm surprised they don't know the words to a hymn that's awfully standard throughout the Christian world - fundie and not!

Wish we could get the GG sound guy over here to get a fly on the wall take on things that afternoon...he sure didn't seem to be the insider you'd expect at such a setting :lol: His eagerness to teardown, especially given they were going into a meal, so it's not like they had to rush out, made it seem even more like he wasn't part of the group.

And I'm definitely curious to see how this relationship with Peter and Melody plays out. I hope she continues blogging - and better yet, starts one of her own and doesn't just update the family blog.

The even initial apparent disparity between their physicality is curious, especially given she's a Seppi daughter. I wonder if it comes having seen several siblings marry, including quite recently? Or if it's because Peter's been around so long? Or maybe she's just more sane than the rest!

Peter's asking Mr Seppi to "pray for all this" and the meal was odd also... "all this?" :evil-eye:

Ah!

Figured out grumpy guy and the disconnect from the group! He was the speaker there that weekend - melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2014/07/lincolns-marxist-donnie-kennedy.html

He matches the pictures on the Seppi blog that mention him by name and Mr. Seppi included a mention of him in the prayer.

Still odd he seemed to be so eager to rush out since you'd think he was going to be staying and eating (or as they would probably say, fellowshipping) and talking more, but...

And going back to Mr. Seppi's prayer, I have to say that at the start he seemed truly happy/pleased and really rather a normal father type reaction. Of course at the end of it he went all fundie, but I was pleasantly surprised that he seemed so 'normal' for part of it.

I think Melody is really a pretty cute girl, and striking with her blue eyes.

Also just noticed her engagement photos have her in the same dress from Lance and Megan's wedding. melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2014/04/wedding-snapshots-01.html

Looking back at the other engagements, Melody just seems so different! Dustin was more 'exuberant' in his reaction when Dinah said yes (though his whole wording was so bizarre and detached, etc.) She also didn't appear to have a headcovering on like her sisters did.

Ah!

Figured out grumpy guy and the disconnect from the group! He was the speaker there that weekend - melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2014/07/lincolns-marxist-donnie-kennedy.html

He matches the pictures on the Seppi blog that mention him by name and Mr. Seppi included a mention of him in the prayer.

Still odd he seemed to be so eager to rush out since you'd think he was going to be staying and eating (or as they would probably say, fellowshipping) and talking more, but...

And going back to Mr. Seppi's prayer, I have to say that at the start he seemed truly happy/pleased and really rather a normal father type reaction. Of course at the end of it he went all fundie, but I was pleasantly surprised that he seemed so 'normal' for part of it.

I think Melody is really a pretty cute girl, and striking with her blue eyes.

Also just noticed her engagement photos have her in the same dress from Lance and Megan's wedding. melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2014/04/wedding-snapshots-01.html

Looking back at the other engagements, Melody just seems so different! Dustin was more 'exuberant' in his reaction when Dinah said yes (though his whole wording was so bizarre and detached, etc.) She also didn't appear to have a headcovering on like her sisters did.

I think that is not an engagement picture but rather a snap from the wedding. I hope Melody keeps posting after the wedding. I will miss the crazy in Seppi-ville!

Delurking because I saw something interesting on the Seppi blog. Mama Seppi posted an entry about courtship and said " When courtship is skipped or rushed through to get to engagement, it can make life together difficult. Courtship involves parental approval, accountability and blessing in evaluating whether someone is right and learning to work through things together."

She goes on to say (after posting a big fat picture of Peter & Melody) that "There are many responsibilities a man can hand off to her, but theology is not one. Theology is a life and death issue. If she cannot follow him, he should not marry her. If they are not able to learn and grow and stretch, it could be trouble long haul."

And since we all know brother Lance recently skipped courtship altogether in favor of an "evaluation" with his new "bride" Megan .....I'm wondering if the newly weds are experiencing some growing pains. :whistle:

melodys-notes.blogspot.com

Dear Peter,

1827 called. They want their sideburns back.

Delurking because I saw something interesting on the Seppi blog. Mama Seppi posted an entry about courtship and said " When courtship is skipped or rushed through to get to engagement, it can make life together difficult. Courtship involves parental approval, accountability and blessing in evaluating whether someone is right and learning to work through things together."

She goes on to say (after posting a big fat picture of Peter & Melody) that "There are many responsibilities a man can hand off to her, but theology is not one. Theology is a life and death issue. If she cannot follow him, he should not marry her. If they are not able to learn and grow and stretch, it could be trouble long haul."

And since we all know brother Lance recently skipped courtship altogether in favor of an "evaluation" with his new "bride" Megan .....I'm wondering if the newly weds are experiencing some growing pains. :whistle:

melodys-notes.blogspot.com

Why do I feel like unsavory things (at least for the Seppi parents) are about to be revealed, and they are just setting up excuses beforehand so they can keep their hands clean afterwards? :think:

The post directly before it is interesting, too.

Leadership: When men are denied dominion at home, in church and culture, what is left for them is an artificial domination in sports or toys.

Ooo. I missed the leadership/toy post. :wtf: -and I agree that Ma Seppi is trying to cover her ass about something.

Is Megan denying ol' Lance dominion which has led him to play with remote control helicopters? It hard to speculate with these last two quasi coherent posts but I'll be :popcorn2:

Yeah, I don't know. The Seppis usually aren't passive aggressive. Just aggressive. And greasy. I also don't see them using a blog to get a point across to a family member. They are much more private than that. Megan looked super happy in Melody's engagement video.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't see the photographic resemblance, and they don't look anything alike in person. Megan looks to have lost some weight since the wedding...perhaps from eating all those beans?

Archived