IGNORED

Peter Bringe engaged to Melody Seppi

youthfulclearly

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And (it can't be said often enough) those muttonchop sideburns still need to go!!

People must stare when he's out in public. I wonder how he justifies that to himself.

I'd be interested in this, too! They are rather deliciously weird, and (I think) relatively local.

Don't the Seppi's live in Pixley, CA? It's a truck stop town on Hwy 99 which is the non interstate side of the Central Valley? I mean you drive up 99, close your eyes for a minute and you're through the town.

Don't the Seppi's live in Pixley, CA? It's a truck stop town on Hwy 99 which is the non interstate side of the Central Valley? I mean you drive up 99, close your eyes for a minute and you're through the town.

Yes, I believe they live in Pixley. I did a quick google search to confirm (they do, according to spokeo), and got distracted by articles about the beekeeping documentary they were featured in back in 2009. As much as I am interested in colony collapse disorder and fundie watching (which is more than the average joe) I can't say I have any desire to see this critically panned doco. I tried to find it on youtube for any FJers who might want to see it, but the best I could do is the trailer:

[bBvideo 560,340:1lyb6tyd]

[/bBvideo]

And a lulzy review from huffpo: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/george-he ... 54950.html

their hyper-religious mother was furious that the so-called Christians with whom they had been doing business were suddenly refusing to pay them the prices agreed to in their contracts

and

Despite the obvious photogenic appeal of the two young Seppi brothers, the question of God's role in the business of beekeeping throws Colony way off balance.

:laughing-rolling: After watching the trailer, I'm a tiny bit more interested in watching this film in order to get a closer look at these wackadoos. But not really. :shrug:

What????????????????????????????????

Sooooooooooooo it is immodest for a woman to wear pants because it draws attention to her genitals and makes men lust, immodest for a woman to wear a low cut top because it draws attention to her boobs, seeing a woman's leg is immodest........but their births have an audience of pretty much the whole family, where everyone stares at a vagina for hours. And it is okay to post a video of someone semi naked and shoving a human being out of her baby cannon in graphic detail for the whole world to watch?

Blargh! That reminds me of the harrowing accounts of a room full of courtiers present at the labore of French royal women, the thought being that no one could substitute a fake-heir, or something.

This video was my first [ahem] "exposure" to the Seppi family.

I have long told people that part of the reason I am childfree/childless was watching a homebirth on Donahue in 1978.......

• 1 month later...

Those sideburns. Someday, he's really going to regret sporting those at his wedding. But his kids will find them HILARIOUS, so he has that going for him.

The bride looks absolutely stunning, never more beautiful. The groom... not so much. His sideburns aren't even straight, good grief. I am not a fan of facial hair in wedding photos in general, not unless it is a full, neatly-groomed beard. I can't stand guys that decide to grow out their beards a month before the wedding, and don't shave for the occasion. It's the height of tackiness to me. Let's not even talk about guys that wear just a mustache. :ew:

The Seppi's posted a video of the wedding. Haven't watched it all, but it's much better quality than Lance and Megan's. Also looks like Fama had another baby. I wonder why they didn't announce it?

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/

Odd that they never mentioned the arrival of the other baby. Maybe a 5th boy born to a brother isn't as exciting as the daughters born to a sister?

Also, when I read back on that blog, there are two other brothers (Victor and Jodavid). Why aren't they on the sidebar or mentioned in the more recent years? (I do see a picture of Jodavid holding one of the babies). Edit - I see you don't graduate to the sidebar until you are courting/engaged. I still don't know why they don't mention the brothers more.

I watched bits and pieces of Melody and Peter's wedding video... Peter got a bit confused during his vows, saying "I Melody, take you Peter", and it was actually quite an endearing moment. The kiss you couldn't really see from the way the camera was angled.

They had a Civil War era reenactor play the flute at the end, which goes with the groom's sideburns theme I suppose.

All in all, not the creepiest Seppi wedding!

I watched the important parts of this wedding. I especially watched for their footwear bc I'm always a bit surprised by their affinity for Birkenstock style footwear. Don't get me wrong... I'm all about comfort but I still wouldn't pair chunky brown Jesus shoes with a wedding dress.

Anyway, as I was mentally snarking on their shoes as they walked back down the aisle, I couldn't help but notice a baby bump on Lance's wife, Megan. I found this link online so I think it's safe to say she's pregnant, and due in February. I must admit....these two intrigue me very much. They seem like such an odd match but she looks genuinely happy in all their photos. I wish they had a blog of their own.

http://samaritanministries.org/wp-conte ... Part87.pdf

(Very bottom of PDF)

Edited for typo

I watched the important parts of this wedding. I especially watched for their footwear bc I'm always a bit surprised by their affinity for Birkenstock style footwear. Don't get me wrong... I'm all about comfort but I still wouldn't pair chunky brown Jesus shoes with a wedding dress.

Anyway, as I was mentally snarking on their shoes as they walked back down the aisle, I couldn't help but notice a baby bump on Lance's wife, Megan. I found this link online so I think it's safe to say she's pregnant, and due in February. I must admit....these two intrigue me very much. They seem like such an odd match but she looks genuinely happy in all their photos. I wish they had a blog of their own.

(Very bottom of PDF)

Edited for typo

So Scamaritan members have their medical issues and treatments published in the newsletter for others to see??

Uh, yeah. No.

Wow, Megan got pregnant quick. It must have been, what? Within a month or two of getting married?

On another note, does it creep anyone else out about how Scamaritan posts people's medical issues in monthly news letters? If I were 16, I sure as hell wouldn't want the world to know I was getting treated for cystic acne. I'm okay with the world knowing I was just treated because I am 25 and don't care anymore, but poor kid. :? And what about the guy that may or may not have prostate issues? Who wants letters in the mail from people you don't know asking you if you resolved your prostate?

Well, that was quick. Lance and Megan just got married April 19th and there's a baby due in February. Dinah was married 13 months when her daughter was born. Wonder how long it will be before Melody is expecting?

Oh, bummer! I wanted to break the joyous news of Lan-Meg's babe-to-be! :dance:

With this set, I believe having a baby within a year--but over nine months--from the wedding is an honor and even something of a sign that God approves the union.

I think it's interesting that whoever captioned the photo of Lance and Megan on the blog took time to assure viewers that Lan-Meg were, in fact, happy married.

I gather that the conditions are listed on the newsletter by permission in an effort to elicit prayers and to let those who pray know when and how the prayers have been answered. Still...

My entirely unsolicited thoughts on the wedding:

I thought the piccolo player appeared to be in AmRevWar garb or, perhaps, 1812War garb. He kept the babies awake and probably quite a number of the guests!

I give props to anyone who stands in front of a group of semi-strangers to sing; at the same time, and this could just be me, I thought that some of the wedding music this time around was just awful. I endured a chorister class in college and have sung in many a choir, but I have never seen the hand-flash style of choristering.

Performing relatives are so much fun!

I thought that this wedding was even more groom-centered than usual. The minister said at one point, "This part of the ceremony always gets me," referring to the transfer of authority. I thought, "Yeah, buddy, me, too, but in a different way." :disgust:

Melody looked absolutely gorgeous. I agree with others who have noted that she appears to be in the same--or very similar--gown that Dinah wore. With his retirement funds from our school district, I would have thought that Pa Seppi was good for a new wedding gown for each daughter (see "Transparent California" website if interested). Still, Melody put her own signature look on the gown and veil. :clap:

I thought it interesting that in the photo on the side of the blog, Peter seems to be pulling away from Melody. It could just be the photo's angle.

I learned how to pronounce the groom's surname: Bringy. Does anyone know the derivation?

I hope that they both are very happy and that the distance does not keep Ma Seppi from visiting when Melody has her babies (likely with astonishing regularity).

(Very bottom of PDF)

Edited for typo

Can you imagine being a teenage boy and having it posted in the newsletter that you are being treated for severe cystic acne? Or the guy being tested for prostate problems? There's no privacy!

Archived