IGNORED

Peter Bringe engaged to Melody Seppi

youthfulclearly

Yeah, I don't know. The Seppis usually aren't passive aggressive. Just aggressive. And greasy. I also don't see them using a blog to get a point across to a family member. They are much more private than that. Megan looked super happy in Melody's engagement video.

Esther has used the blog to call out her son-in-law (Fama's husband) for not keeping promises he made prior to the marriage. She wrote the post for Fama's birthday some years ago. So the "I'm calling you out in public post" is rare, but it does happen in Seppiland.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Esther has used the blog to call out her son-in-law (Fama's husband) for not keeping promises he made prior to the marriage. She wrote the post for Fama's birthday some years ago. So the "I'm calling you out in public post" is rare, but it does happen in Seppiland.

I'd love to read this but I can't slog through their conspiracy theory craziness.

Any idea what time frame year wise it would be?

Ok that was easier to find that I expected. For those who would like to read it. (And it's a sad journey from a normal family to today. And makes me wonder what is going on with Fama)

melodys-notes.blogspot.com/2009/02/happy-birthday-fama.html

"When Lance reported to Dr. Robinson, the wonderful help Joshua had been during 2004 Spring break when he was here along with his two sisters, Arynne & Bethany, Art responded, 'Let’s get this straight, we get Fama; you don’t get Joshua.'"

I love how bitchy this is, and how the Seppis refused to take the post down even after the "joyful reunion."

The whole thing is bitchy. Before I got to the end I thought it was a joke.

The whole thing is weird. I wonder if some of it had to do with the fact the Robinson's appear to be more mainstream. I also wonder if Fama is living in the greenhouse still.

It was a pretty aggressive thing to do.

The whole thing is bitchy. Before I got to the end I thought it was a joke.

The whole thing is weird. I wonder if some of it had to do with the fact the Robinson's appear to be more mainstream. I also wonder if Fama is living in the greenhouse still.

It was a pretty aggressive thing to do.

Like I was saying, if Mama Seppi was going to call someone out, she'd be aggressive. Maybe not direct, but aggressive.

I haven't followed the Seppis. Does anyone know why the long separation between Fama and her family? Did her husband and his family keep them apart or was she happy to get away from home? The birthday post seems like the mom was reminding Fama's husband that he promised to build her a home and hadn't yet. Where were they living?

I haven't followed the Seppis. Does anyone know why the long separation between Fama and her family? Did her husband and his family keep them apart or was she happy to get away from home? The birthday post seems like the mom was reminding Fama's husband that he promised to build her a home and hadn't yet. Where were they living?

I'd be interested in this, too! They are rather deliciously weird, and (I think) relatively local.

I don't remember/know why they were apart for so long. IIRC, Fama was not allowed to go to her parents and her parents were not invited to the ranch in Oregon for several years (three? four?). In addition, Fama's FIL decided that his son (Fama's husband) and one of his daughters (?) needed to pursue doctorates in some scientific field. Fama's FIL is a very interesting fellow; he used to work with Pauling.

I gather from reading the blog that Fama, husband, and children were living in the main ranch house even though a private residence on the ranch was promised as part of the marriage. Eventually, a greenhouse was converted so that Fama, husband, and children could have a place that was theirs. I hope they have a more suitable residence now.

If I had not been able to see my daughter and grandsons and if basic promises (such as a private residence) had been promised to my daughter and then reneged upon, I would be pretty darn angry, too.

Still, life seems to be going better now and the families see each other more regularly. I believe I saw Fama in the photo of Melody's labor, but I could be wrong.

Still, life seems to be going better now and the families see each other more regularly. I believe I saw Fama in the photo of Melody's labor, but I could be wrong.

Do you mean Dinah's labour? This post:

melodys-notes.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/baby-grace.html

I don't really follow the Seppis, but this post is fucking weird. Posting a photo of a woman in labour, with a girl holding up a wooden board to cover her genitals, and talking about how the woman tried to persuade other women out of abortion because she was so desperate for a child? I think this family might just be the creepiest fundies I've encountered.

I find it weird that the birth was a huge family event that everyone attended, and Dinah was even videotaped. If anyone tried to shove a camera in my face while I was in labor, I'd punch them. And if the whole family gathered in the room to stare at my nether regions for several hours, well... :hand:

On a minor note (and to take my mind off the image cited in alba's post above)--I loved Melody's gorgeous emerald-green dress--until I saw the black Modesty Block Panel gratuitously slapped onto (under?) it, because OMG no young swain should ever see his gal's cleavage.

Do you mean Dinah's labour? This post:

melodys-notes.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/baby-grace.html

I don't really follow the Seppis, but this post is fucking weird. Posting a photo of a woman in labour, with a girl holding up a wooden board to cover her genitals, and talking about how the woman tried to persuade other women out of abortion because she was so desperate for a child? I think this family might just be the creepiest fundies I've encountered.

Yes the post is utterly weird, but that board might be the only non-weird thing about it. I would bet $ it's a mirror they're holding up so she can see the baby's head when it crowns which means 1) she's looking at her lady parts (which is generally discouraged in fundiefunland) 2) so is her husband (see pt 1).

These people run in sort of loosely connected circles to the ones I used to be in and it gives me the heebee jeebees big time.

Totally unrelated: in the happy family reunion post about thanksgiving in 2011, it appears Greg did not have that gigantic boil/mole/tumor/wtf??? on his forehead.

Didn't someone Seppi post a birth video where the woman was standing up giving birth, and the camera was positioned behind and below her? The video was posted w/o any disclaimers about the graphic content. Someone even commented on the Seppi blog that viewers should have been warned about the graphic content.

Because of that, my impression of the Seppi family was that a graphic birth video would not phase them, so a public gathering of live genital peeping isn't a big deal.

That said, I hope Dinah gave permission for the photo, both for the semi-nude content and also for showing her in such grimacing pain.

Didn't someone Seppi post a birth video where the woman was standing up giving birth, and the camera was positioned behind and below her? The video was posted w/o any disclaimers about the graphic content. Someone even commented on the Seppi blog that viewers should have been warned about the graphic content.

Because of that, my impression of the Seppi family was that a graphic birth video would not phase them, so a public gathering of live genital peeping isn't a big deal.

That said, I hope Dinah gave permission for the photo, both for the semi-nude content and also for showing her in such grimacing pain.

Yes. I was just searching for it today, but I couldn't find it.

What????????????????????????????????

Sooooooooooooo it is immodest for a woman to wear pants because it draws attention to her genitals and makes men lust, immodest for a woman to wear a low cut top because it draws attention to her boobs, seeing a woman's leg is immodest........but their births have an audience of pretty much the whole family, where everyone stares at a vagina for hours. And it is okay to post a video of someone semi naked and shoving a human being out of her baby cannon in graphic detail for the whole world to watch?

And it is okay to post a video of someone semi naked and shoving a human being out of her baby cannon in graphic detail for the whole world to watch?

This video was my first [ahem] "exposure" to the Seppi family.

Yes the post is utterly weird, but that board might be the only non-weird thing about it. I would bet $ it's a mirror they're holding up so she can see the baby's head when it crowns which means 1) she's looking at her lady parts (which is generally discouraged in fundiefunland) 2) so is her husband (see pt 1).

These people run in sort of loosely connected circles to the ones I used to be in and it gives me the heebee jeebees big time.

Totally unrelated: in the happy family reunion post about thanksgiving in 2011, it appears Greg did not have that gigantic boil/mole/tumor/wtf??? on his forehead.

Oh, that makes sense; I suppose it helps to be able to see what's going on. That makes the whole thing seem slightly less weird, because I was interpreting it as "super personal photo of a half-naked woman in pain, but look! Modesty shield", so now it's just "super personal photo of a half-naked woman in pain". Slightly better :P

Wow. Is the birthing mother a new fundie? I can't imagine any born and raised fundies rocking tattoos, including a tramp stamp.

Also, I respect women's choices with regards to their birth experiences, but this still seems extreme. I hope the mom was truly ok with having an intimate moment such as a birth recorded and shared with the world.

13 seconds in and oh hell no! No, no, no, no, no, no, no I do not want to watch any more.

Why is it immodest for a woman to wear pants, and yet I am watching this video, showing a woman's ass and stretched vagina.

• 3 weeks later...

There's a couple of new posts on the Seppi blog.

-new baby pics. They're calling her "Tia" -which helps solve the mystery of how they are pronouncing Gratia. Goodness that baby is pretty. -and Mama Seppi is looking mighty slim.

-Peter & Melody played dress up for Pioneer Days with Peter portraying a young William Sterling Lacy. :whistle:

-and.....Peter organized he and Melodys' books.

Archived