IGNORED

Peter Bringe engaged to Melody Seppi

youthfulclearly

Wow, so many engagements and marriages this year! Now the Seppi's only have 2 single kids. They are really stepping it up on marrying off their kids.

Taken from Peter Bringe's public facebook page:

"I am pleased and grateful to announce that yesterday afternoon I asked Melody Seppi of Pixley, California to be my wife, and she said yes! We are going to be married!

We were having a small history conference at her brother's house, and we closed the conference with the singing of "How Firm a Foundation". After leading the song, I talked briefly about how God's promises to us form the solid base upon which we can build communities, churches, and *families.* At that, I turned to Melody and proposed. I praise God that we can go forward in building a family founded upon God's covenant grace.

As some of you know, I have been courting Melody since January, 2014 and first met her in 2011. We (and our families) have had a blessed time getting to know each other thus far, and Melody and I look with great expectation on the adventure ahead. "

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang. Melody does most of the blogging right? I hope they keep it up.

2014 is really turning out to be the year of fundie marriages.

How come the Seppi's can marry off most of their children (daughters included) in such a short time and other families seem to prominently feature 30-year-old SAHDs with no wedding or courtship in sight?

Are fundie daughters a kind of "indespensable asset" to the family-run businesses and are thus too necessary to be given away in marriage?

Thinking about the poor Maxwell girls here...

How come the Seppi's can marry off most of their children (daughters included) in such a short time and other families seem to prominently feature 30-year-old SAHDs with no wedding or courtship in sight?

Are fundie daughters a kind of "indespensable asset" to the family-run businesses and are thus too necessary to be given away in marriage?

Thinking about the poor Maxwell girls here...

Patriarchal possession is more important for some guys than their children's (or wife's) happiness.

Sons carry on the family name, daughters go off and carry on some other man's name.

And, you reduce your power structure down to just you and your wife if you marry them all off and can't be assured of controlling them once they are wed.

Just thinking out loud here.

Wow, so many engagements and marriages this year! Now the Seppi's only have 2 single kids. They are really stepping it up on marrying off their kids.

Taken from Peter Bringe's public facebook page:

"I am pleased and grateful to announce that yesterday afternoon I asked Melody Seppi of Pixley, California to be my wife, and she said yes! We are going to be married!

We were having a small history conference at her brother's house, and we closed the conference with the singing of "How Firm a Foundation". After leading the song, I talked briefly about how God's promises to us form the solid base upon which we can build communities, churches, and *families.* At that, I turned to Melody and proposed. I praise God that we can go forward in building a family founded upon God's covenant grace.

As some of you know, I have been courting Melody since January, 2014 and first met her in 2011. We (and our families) have had a blessed time getting to know each other thus far, and Melody and I look with great expectation on the adventure ahead. "

"...And after we side hugged, the harlot Fiery walked on stage and attempted to present me with the Most Fundy Proposal Yet award."

Geez! There have obviously been more disturbing stories about courtships and engagements, but at the least the proposals have been somewhat normal. This would be nightmarish,

The Seppis are weird, but I'll give 'em this - they are capable of letting their sons AND daughters move on to marriages and lives of their own, in contrast to the seemingly endless "season of singleness" other parents are forcing on their daughters (I'm looking at you, Maxwell, Botkin and Reins families...)

And I agree - the muttonchop sideburns have got to go!

Patriarchal possession is more important for some guys than their children's (or wife's) happiness.

Sons carry on the family name, daughters go off and carry on some other man's name.

And, you reduce your power structure down to just you and your wife if you marry them all off and can't be assured of controlling them once they are wed.

Just thinking out loud here.

This family definitely worships Patriarchy, NOT Christ. This is the most disturbing thing I've seen for a while regarding the extent of a family's Daddy-doting. This is the oldest Seppi sister's blogger profile bio

I am the oldest of seven. We are blessed to have two grandmothers. Mom and Dad have home educated us from the beginning. Daddy taught 5th grade in the local government school, but he is working toward freedom by growing a family business. We are working toward reformation in our culture by family discipleship. We are blessed to be part of a family-integrated church with teaching that helps us apply scripture to all areas of life. Daddy leads a JBS chapter in our county that has taught us the principles of constitutional government. It is active in educating others to create an informed electorate and encouraging our elected representatives to judge righteous judgment (John 7:24, Exodus 18:21).

This family definitely worships Patriarchy, NOT Christ. This is the most disturbing thing I've seen for a while regarding the extent of a family's Daddy-doting. This is the oldest Seppi sister's blogger profile bio

A-yup. More of the "USA was founded as a Christian nation" liars.

Marian tL, I don't think the sideburns will go until maturity bringes Mr. Bringe a more mature look. Reminds me of my nephew who raised a pitiful little moustache for his wedding to a decade-older woman -- he thought it would make him look mature. No, what made him look mature was raising his stepson well and sticking with his marriage in spite of some pretty dumb mistakes on his part.

But the young ones won't listen. And down the road, the third-generation nutcases will look at their parents' wedding photos and giggle nervously, sitting in their urban lofts and being grateful that as 3rd-generationers, they got out of the madness with their lives to spare.

But I digress. To be shallower than shallow, I wonder if the Seppi family considers li'l Melody to be the ugly duckling of the family, you know, like the Munsters thought blue-eyed blonde willowy Cousin Lilly was "unfortunate" in her appearance.

So do we think they will actually be getting married, or will this just be a transfer of authority with a legal name change like the last "wedding"?

So do we think they will actually be getting married, or will this just be a transfer of authority with a legal name change like the last "wedding"?

Well, sure! How could it be forgotten that "We don't need no steenkeeng licenses!" ?????????

Please excuse me being so naive but... I thought that afte all the covenant/bethrotal/transfer of authority they were actually signing REAL marriage licenses...

The Seppis are as fundie as any other if not more so. The fact thay marry off their kids doesn't make them less insane. They marry them off to people just like them in crazy worlds. Melody's intended looks like a little boy playing dress up. But, that's pretty standard in the patriarchy. Keeping the youngun's childlike and innocent so they don't question or rebel. They probably giggle the first time they see their new spouse naked, possibly with pointing.

There won't be a marriage license. The state doesn not marry the Seppis; they do it with their god. It's a total authority transfer and bargain.

There won't be a marriage license. The state doesn not marry the Seppis; they do it with their god. It's a total authority transfer and bargain.

So the Seppi kids are like Mike & Debi Pearl's kids - no state-issued marriage licenses, just the bullshit covenant weddings with lengthy, boring speeches?

So the Seppi kids are like Mike & Debi Pearl's kids - no state-issued marriage licenses, just the bullshit covenant weddings with lengthy, boring speeches?

It appears that way. I think the last wedding - Lance's? - was where it became pretty clear when it was mentioned that a legal filing had to take place to change the bride's last name.

A-yup. More of the "USA was founded as a Christian nation" liars.

Marian tL, I don't think the sideburns will go until maturity bringes Mr. Bringe a more mature look. Reminds me of my nephew who raised a pitiful little moustache for his wedding to a decade-older woman -- he thought it would make him look mature. No, what made him look mature was raising his stepson well and sticking with his marriage in spite of some pretty dumb mistakes on his part.

But the young ones won't listen. And down the road, the third-generation nutcases will look at their parents' wedding photos and giggle nervously, sitting in their urban lofts and being grateful that as 3rd-generationers, they got out of the madness with their lives to spare.

But I digress. To be shallower than shallow, I wonder if the Seppi family considers li'l Melody to be the ugly duckling of the family, you know, like the Munsters thought blue-eyed blonde willowy Cousin Lilly was "unfortunate" in her appearance.

Hahah! The Munsters- now there's a reference you don't see every day. Melody does look lovely in her engagement photos. Peter is rockin' the young Chester A. Arthur look- he looks so goofy!

I figured something was up. Melody hasn't even finished posting Lance's wedding pictures and it has been months. The Seppis are so creepy. And the Seppi sons in covenant are just as bad as the birth Seppis

They are really creepy, I agree.

But somehow I see them as more "forward" than other conservative fundie families. After all, they have married off Regina to a much older guy who was divorced and already had a child.

No man like that would ever enter the realm of someone like the Steve Maxwell family!

If they don't get legally married, what do they do for taxes? And why bother legally changing the women's last names? This is really bizarre.

If they don't get legally married, what do they do for taxes? And why bother legally changing the women's last names? This is really bizarre.

It's so odd to me too. Actually, what's really creepy to me is that there are enough of these rabidly anti-government paranoid weirdos out there that they can find spouses for their kids who believe the same thing and go with the program.

How moving and personal! Fred and Ginger, look to your laurels -- a new standard in romance has been set! :roll:

Will there be a live streaming? I need a good dose of Kevin Swanson ranting, talk of divorce, metaphors of the "headship" being like an actual head reacting when the body is hurt, lectures on eating a vegetarian diet to avoid diabetes, and exhortations -- gosh darn it all to heck, what else is a wedding for? :D

viewtopic.php?f=120&t=20810&start=60#p723104

Worth reading for the sheer strangeness, and DomWackTroll's amazing song parody.

After that last Seppi wedding, I'm not sure if I can make it through another. I wonder if Melody will legally marry Peter, or do like Lance and Megan and have a "covenant wedding." :roll:

Found their wedding website. ewedding.com/v30/main.php?a=PeterMelody

Password is *redacted until I can determine if this is supposed to be public*

Archived