IGNORED

Ken and Lori: Molestation doesn't have to = divorce

We spend more on food every month than rent :-X

And yeah, this is NOT as hard as fundies make it.

We totally spend more $$ on food that we do on our mortgage.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That sounds delicious. My partner and I also work and eat three meals a day from whole ingredients. You can make some dead easy meals if you have the right stuff. Grilled meat and salad takes less than half an hour, and you can still make enough for lunch the next day. If we didn't both work our food budget would be way less and we want to eat healthy. Also, crock pots.

We spend more on food every month than rent :-X

And yeah, this is NOT as hard as fundies make it.

It took me two days to get past my outrage at the headline to venture into this thread. To say that Lori and Ken are a pair of low-lives is too good for them. I am absolutely disgusted. Fuck both of them. I will never waste another minute on them, their blog, or their "ideas." :angry-fire: :angry-fire: :angry-fire:

My biggest issue with cooking food fast is that the boyfriend is a veggie (I don't cook just for myself because I'm lazy). Grilled meat with veggies (and maybe a starchy side) was my go-to before, but that obviously doesn't fly with a vegetarian. Same thing with crock pots. I can make good veggie chili, but other than that, I only know how to make meat with a crock pot.

I can't think of much that can't be fixed in a crock pot. A quick Google search should yield you endless vegetarian recipes.

And now I feel compelled to add that my absolute favorite way to "bake" a potato of any kind is in the crock pot. They come out so perfectly moist and tender. Mmmm.

We've had some serious financial issues here and I STILL have managed to cook nutritious meals for my husband and I. Its amazing what you can throw in a crock pot and then wrap in tortillas. I managed to scrounge up 75 bucks to go grocery shopping...I started with chicken in the crock pot with salsa, beans and rice. When it was almost gone, I added chicken bullion, more beans and more rice...we've eaten for a week from that.

My husband is a type 1 diabetic who recently finally got off all the painkillers that were (over)prescribed so his appetite is back full force. I know how to shop on the cheap to keep him fed. I can throw together a decent meal in nothing flat.

On the upside, I finally found a job, I start Monday and we're moving into a small apartment to cut costs.

We've had some serious financial issues here and I STILL have managed to cook nutritious meals for my husband and I. Its amazing what you can throw in a crock pot and then wrap in tortillas. I managed to scrounge up 75 bucks to go grocery shopping...I started with chicken in the crock pot with salsa, beans and rice. When it was almost gone, I added chicken bullion, more beans and more rice...we've eaten for a week from that.

My husband is a type 1 diabetic who recently finally got off all the painkillers that were (over)prescribed so his appetite is back full force. I know how to shop on the cheap to keep him fed. I can throw together a decent meal in nothing flat.

On the upside, I finally found a job, I start Monday and we're moving into a small apartment to cut costs.

Congratulations on your new job!

My biggest issue with cooking food fast is that the boyfriend is a veggie (I don't cook just for myself because I'm lazy). Grilled meat with veggies (and maybe a starchy side) was my go-to before, but that obviously doesn't fly with a vegetarian. Same thing with crock pots. I can make good veggie chili, but other than that, I only know how to make meat with a crock pot.

This is why my fiancé and I tend to cook separately :P I'm a veggie, he most adamantly is not, so we make our own meals.

However, there are a lot of vegetarian recipes that work great in a crockpot. I pretty much live off of one-pot meals (either made on the stove or in the crockpot): soup, stew, curry, chilli, etc. Also, veggie stir fries are a fast and easy way to make a veggie meal.

There are people who spend all day cooking. We call them chefs, cooks and caterers.

If someone is truly exhausted by cooking for 2, how would they manage with kids? This is a serious question. I had a very busy law practice with some high-stress cases (child abuse, etc.) before I had kids, plus I was the one responsible for shopping, cooking and much of the cleaning (simply because my husband was even busier and worked almost 100 hours/week), and I whipped up some surprisingly good vegetarian meals from scratch (because we had no budget for anything else). I stopped working the day before Girl 1 was born, and found that those first few months were far more exhausting that anything I had done before.

Also, I may have to rant for the 12374th time about perpetuating the idea that cooking decent meals = tons of time and effort. People believe this, and don't bother to even try cooking. If I get motivated, I'll do a site with my favorite 10 min or less dishes.

I came up with a list to start. Let me know which ones sound good, and I'll try to get a start on posting those recipes. Some take longer than 10 min total cooking time, but only take 10 min or less of active prep work and I can give work-friendly cooking directions. I take short-cuts and "cheat", but I think that people need to know that it's ok to do that and it's fine if you make something that really easy. For example, I buy frozen unbaked challah bread (same ingredients that I would use, no preservatives or other junk), frozen fruit and veggies, bottled BBQ sauce and Thai curry paste.

Smoothies

Pancakes

muffins

omelets

roast chicken with rosemary balsamic mustard crust

Persian chicken

BBQ chicken

Thai chicken stir fry

Roasted rosemary new potatoes

Garlic mashed potatoes

Rice

Steamed veggies

Sauteed green beans with basil and dill

Thai veggie and tofu curry

Curried chick peas and tofu

Indian veggie and tofu stir-fry

mock saag paneer

pasta with creamy salmon and dill sauce

pasta with pesto

3 bean salad

pasta with sauteed veggies

Greek pasta salad

cheese lasagna

pasta bolognese (veggie or real meat versions)

pasta with spinach and sundried tomatoes

panfried ocean perch fillets

seared tuna

baked balsamic maple mustard salmon

baked garlic and white wine salmon

chicken soup (crock pot)

black bean soup (crock pot)

beef stew (crock pot)

Middle Eastern chicken and rice (crock pot)

warm spinach dip with sundried tomatoes

hummus with garlic and lemon

spicy black bean dip

green olive dip

guacamole

fresh-baked challah bread

I came up with a list to start. Let me know which ones sound good, and I'll try to get a start on posting those recipes. Some take longer than 10 min total cooking time, but only take 10 min or less of active prep work and I can give work-friendly cooking directions. I take short-cuts and "cheat", but I think that people need to know that it's ok to do that and it's fine if you make something that really easy. For example, I buy frozen unbaked challah bread (same ingredients that I would use, no preservatives or other junk), frozen fruit and veggies, bottled BBQ sauce and Thai curry paste.

Smoothies

Pancakes

muffins

omelets

roast chicken with rosemary balsamic mustard crust

Persian chicken

BBQ chicken

Thai chicken stir fry

Roasted rosemary new potatoes

Garlic mashed potatoes

Rice

Steamed veggies

Sauteed green beans with basil and dill

Thai veggie and tofu curry

Curried chick peas and tofu

Indian veggie and tofu stir-fry

mock saag paneer

pasta with creamy salmon and dill sauce

pasta with pesto

3 bean salad

pasta with sauteed veggies

Greek pasta salad

cheese lasagna

pasta bolognese (veggie or real meat versions)

pasta with spinach and sundried tomatoes

panfried ocean perch fillets

seared tuna

baked balsamic maple mustard salmon

baked garlic and white wine salmon

chicken soup (crock pot)

black bean soup (crock pot)

beef stew (crock pot)

Middle Eastern chicken and rice (crock pot)

warm spinach dip with sundried tomatoes

hummus with garlic and lemon

spicy black bean dip

green olive dip

guacamole

fresh-baked challah bread

I've bolded the ones I'm particularly interested in. :)

She just never fucking stops..

Lori Alexander

JULY 30, 2014 AT 9:51 AM

When I was in elementary school, children who did naughty things got spanked by the principal with a paddle. Children were SO much better behaved back then. No one wanted to get a spanking by the principal. A little pain is a great motivator to not get in trouble.

From the comments of this post: amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/i-love-you-dad/#comments

From the comments of this post: amanhiswifethebible.wordpress.com/2014/07/30/i-love-you-dad/#comments

When I saw Lori's comments, I thought that Amoire Arse had posted an article about how important it is to beat your children excessively. But no, it was just a typical fundie-lite fathering article that didn't even emphasize spanking that much (gives me hope that their kids are not being physically abused, at least!). Lori just had to turn it into a nostalgic musing about how much better it was when strangers could hit someone else's kids.

I am so glad I'm not Lori. Someone that hateful just has to be miserably unhappy all the time.

ETA: I am positing that she is unhappy because she is hateful, not vice versa.

I'll try to put up a website next week, once I finish my end-of-month billing and accounting.

For a teaser, though, here's the roast chicken recipe:

Combine equal amount of grainy mustard, balsamic vinegar and white wine. Add a good pinch of dried or fresh rosemary. Toss chicken pieces (I use chicken thighs) in this marinade. For maximum flavor, you can marinate the chicken before work in the morning, leave it covered in the roasting pan, and then cook it when you get home.

Roast at 375 or 400 for about 20 min., baste chicken and carefully spill off any excess liquid, and then continuing roasting at 330 until it's done. Do not cover. The skin should be crispy, but the meat should be really tender. Cooking times and temperature vary - each oven and each roasting pan is a bit different.

This is my standard Friday night chicken, and it's no more effort to make enough for 20 than it is to make dinner for 2. It takes only a minute for do the marinade, 1 min to toss and put the chicken in the roasting pan, and another minute to check on the chicken and remove the excess liquid. To multi-task, I bake my salmon when the oven is at 375 or 400, and I bake my challah bread when the oven is at 330.

My other version of this I call Carpool Chicken, and use chicken thighs or legs. Marinate as above. Place chicken in roasting pan, and then cut new potatoes in half and place cut-side-down in the pan in between the chicken pieces. Come home from work, turn on the oven to 375 or 400, and put the roasting pan in the oven. Do carpool to dance, karate, etc. (which takes me about an hour). Dinner will be ready when you get home.

Oh, I think Lori gets a little thrill "down there" when she blogs about spanking- especially if an implement is involved...

I've been on service (rounding in the hospital) for the past two weeks and haven't made it home before 8. Each evening my children and husband enjoyed a healthy home-cooked meal courtesy of...my husband. Contrary to fundie belief, men can cook and cook well. There is no special equipment women posess that means only they can cook.

Yep, nothing creepy about an adult in a position of power smacking the backsides of little children, no ma'am...

Once again there is a disconnect between what Ken says and what Lori says:

Lori says:

Lori Alexander

JULY 30, 2014 AT 9:51 AM

When I was in elementary school, children who did naughty things got spanked by the principal with a paddle. Children were SO much better behaved back then. No one wanted to get a spanking by the principal. A little pain is a great motivator to not get in trouble.

But when Ken was here he said the following:

As for my grandkids, we don't spank them. We really do not think babysitters should be spanking kids, as this should be the careful and thoughtful role of a parent, IF they choose to spank.

So which is it Ken? Is it the careful and thoughtful role of parents to beat the kids, or should the principal be able to take a 2x4 to them?

Lori says:

So which is it Ken? Is it the careful and thoughtful role of parents to beat the kids, or should the principal be able to take a 2x4 to them?

I think that Lori is just really unintelligent, and Ken has to back her up or else he gets in trouble.

Honestly, I don't doubt that Biblical submission is what made their marriage livable. Lori sounds like a rotten, controlling shrew, and when she decided to "submit" to Ken because God, it was probably the first time Ken had any semblance of control in his marriage and perhaps even in his own individual decisions.

Well she's getting a bit of backlash from that comment. I love this particular comment:

Lori Alexander:

Unfortunately, most children have no fathers at home and if they do, they are not involved.

*smh* No Lori, that's just at your house. Because basketball=scared, right Ken? And anyway, didn't Lori argue for husbands working 3 jobs if that's what it took for their wives to never have to step foot outside the house??? How involved can a man be if he works 3 jobs? :roll:

But really, nice blanket statement there Lori. MOST kids don't have fathers at home, but if they do they are NOT involved. Really? :cray-cray:

Lori says:

You are a thorn in Ken's side. :lol: I think he hates your more than anyone else because you are so good at showing the inconsistency, hypocrisy and lying that he and Lori do. And you use their own words so it is harder for them to get around it. Keep up the good work. :clap:

You are a thorn in Ken's side. :lol: I think he hates your more than anyone else because you are so good at showing the inconsistency, hypocrisy and lying that he and Lori do. And you use their own words so it is harder for them to get around it. Keep up the good work. :clap:

Yeah, you are almost scary-impressive. I couldn't believe you found that quote of his so quickly. I am honestly wondering if you have all his posts organized and categorized for easy referencing!

I can never help wondering how many kids people who defend molesters have molested themselves. They're defending molesters enough to say that wives should stay chained to them.

I think that Lori is just really unintelligent, and Ken has to back her up or else he gets in trouble.

Honestly, I don't doubt that Biblical submission is what made their marriage livable. Lori sounds like a rotten, controlling shrew, and when she decided to "submit" to Ken because God, it was probably the first time Ken had any semblance of control in his marriage and perhaps even in his own individual decisions.

Hmmm, I'm not quite convinced that Lori is submitting for God. It's probably just another way to manipulate Ken (to make him THINK he's the one in charge). It IS possible to manipulate while being "submissive" (I've witnessed this) and Lori seems like a master to me. Just my take on the situation.

Hmmm, I'm not quite convinced that Lori is submitting for God. It's probably just another way to manipulate Ken (to make him THINK he's the one in charge). It IS possible to manipulate while being "submissive" (I've witnessed this) and Lori seems like a master to me. Just my take on the situation.

Oh, I agree. I think she uses it as manipulation. In fact, I wonder if her "conversion" to submission came just about the time Ken stopped taking her aggressively controlling crap.

But at least now he's allowed to choose what he eats.

Then again, I am forgetting Ken and his "sacred basketball." So maybe I'm giving him too much "not a dill hole" credit here.

Archived