IGNORED

Sparkling Lauren, a super special sparkling surrogacy and a "gayby"

princessjo1988

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lilith I also wonder how David is faring. Other people saw things in him I didn't. I still wonder of he jumped on the river as some kind of weird impromptu baptism. I don't approve of course but sometimes I wonder what dealing with Lauren was really like.

She did it twice - the first time both the men came over (at Christmas) and she conceived but had an early miscarriage. The second time only the bio dad travelled to Australia and she conceived this pregnancy.

The non bio dad, writing on Global Gayby, went to great lengths to explain that both men were some sort of extra pure gay man who hasn't seen a vagina since his own birth. It was very odd - it included a rant about how purists don't accept you into that club unless you were born by c-section and thus hadn't seen or touched your own mother's vagina, but they aren't that extreme - and I see it as an attempt to make sure everyone knew that the baby wasn't conceived the old fashioned way.

I find that childish and repugnant. And what if the baby had been a girl exactly?? How would they change her and care for her.

I find that childish and repugnant. And what if the baby had been a girl exactly?? How would they change her and care for her.

I absolutely agree. One of the dads wrote that he really really wanted a boy but thought the universe might give him a girl to teach him to value females. He is relieved they are having a boy (which is insane, cause a boy is just about guaranteed to ramp up Lauren's crazy).

I find the "global Gayby" thing so irritating and the whole tokenising of the gayness of the couple offensive. Lauren is having a ba y for a gay couple as some sort of apology for being a homophobic bigot for years. It's insane and so misguided. How about just being nice to gay people and teaching your daughters they are people like any other instead of fetishising them? She actually offered to have a baby for her father and his partner first. This is all tied up with her relationship with him, her shunning him for years, and her constant need for attention and accolades.

She actually offered to have a baby for her father and his partner first.

:evil-eye: Ooookay then....bet that was an interesting conversation.

:evil-eye: Ooookay then....bet that was an interesting conversation.

Oh, she would have LOVED to bear the bi-racial child of her father's much younger male partner. How super sparkling would that be?!?!??!

I think I would have preferred that as there are more local ties that way. Perhaps better for the girls. Though it would be weird to birth your own sibling. Oh wow.

She did it twice - the first time both the men came over (at Christmas) and she conceived but had an early miscarriage. The second time only the bio dad travelled to Australia and she conceived this pregnancy.

The non bio dad, writing on Global Gayby, went to great lengths to explain that both men were some sort of extra pure gay man who hasn't seen a vagina since his own birth. It was very odd - it included a rant about how purists don't accept you into that club unless you were born by c-section and thus hadn't seen or touched your own mother's vagina, but they aren't that extreme - and I see it as an attempt to make sure everyone knew that the baby wasn't conceived the old fashioned way.

That's really strange - I've never known any gay guys who consider themselves "purists".

I'm pro-gay rights and support gay couples having children, in any way they are able (BTW, my dad is gay, product of him trying desperately to be straight), but that attitude right there makes me concerned with how they will raise this baby. It's just not healthy.

I wonder if Lauren's father saw through the crazy and told her point blank no. I don't know much about him. Anyone know what he is like?

I absolutely agree. One of the dads wrote that he really really wanted a boy but thought the universe might give him a girl to teach him to value females. He is relieved they are having a boy (which is insane, cause a boy is just about guaranteed to ramp up Lauren's crazy).

I find the "global Gayby" thing so irritating and the whole tokenising of the gayness of the couple offensive. Lauren is having a ba y for a gay couple as some sort of apology for being a homophobic bigot for years. It's insane and so misguided. How about just being nice to gay people and teaching your daughters they are people like any other instead of fetishising them? She actually offered to have a baby for her father and his partner first. This is all tied up with her relationship with him, her shunning him for years, and her constant need for attention and accolades.

Wow....how will they react if the boy is straight?

I know I'm posting back to back and referencing info from Global Gayby that you don't all have access to yet. My apologies - I've been wanting to talk about this openly for nearly a year now, so it's all tumbling out.

The bio dad is actually ambivalent about fatherhood - it's the non bio dad who is the driving force and desperate for a child. He's the one who advertised on the site where Lauren found them, he's the one who liaised with Lauren, he's the one who wrote nearly all the men's entries on Global Gayby, he's the one who arranged the whole thing. His partner was chosen to be the bio dad precisely because he does lack enthusiasm - they hope the biological connection will help him feel connected to and bond with the child and will make him more excited about parenthood.

Now that is fucked up for a lot of reasons already. But......

If Lauren gives birth then changes her mind about giving up the baby (likely, in my view) the only other person with any legal right to the child is the man who was never particularly enthusiastic about parenthood to start with. The man who desperately wants the baby and already seems to feel connected to him has no legal rights whatsoever. And potential legal battle would have to be fought by the bio dad.

I have easy births but difficult pregnancies. I wonder if Lauren has pondered what would happen to her girls if she had to go on bed-rest or even into the hospital long term. Who would care for them? This is honestly something we took into account when decided whether or not to have more children. Also, who is caring for them when she takes all these naps she talks about? I am assuming they aren't locked up in the sparkle mobile, but rather roaming about outside totally unattended. Ridiculous.

I will also be upfront and say I am turned off by how specific the parents are about the kind of child they'd like. They're so desperate for a redheaded child that they're willing to enter into an arrangement with a complete lunatic to get one. Oh, and preferably a boy. :roll:

I have easy births but difficult pregnancies. I wonder if Lauren has pondered what would happen to her girls if she had to go on bed-rest or even into the hospital long term. Who would care for them? This is honestly something we took into account when decided whether or not to have more children. Also, who is caring for them when she takes all these naps she talks about? I am assuming they aren't locked up in the sparkle mobile, but rather roaming about outside totally unattended. Ridiculous.

I will also be upfront and say I am turned off by how specific the parents are about the kind of child they'd like. They're so desperate for a redheaded child that they're willing to enter into an arrangement with a complete lunatic to get one. Oh, and preferably a boy. :roll:

A compete lunatic on, quite literally, the other side of the world.

Oh, and she's been drifting from wonderfully supportive friend to wonderfully supportive friend throughout the pregnancy, writing the occasional post about the complexities of community living and how it may not be right for her right now......

From what Lilith is saying, it sounds like Ben, Agust (sp?) and Lauren are rather perfect for each other (!).

This whole story explains why she was so quiet for the past few months.... blogging on an alternate site...

Poor kids... can you imagine, even if Ben and Agust end up being quite stellar dads, finding this blog of your bio-mom's when you are older?

A compete lunatic on, quite literally, the other side of the world.

Oh, and she's been drifting from wonderfully supportive friend to wonderfully supportive friend throughout the pregnancy, writing the occasional post about the complexities of community living and how it may not be right for her right now......

If I don't miss my guess, those precious children are desperate for a "normal" life in a "normal" home, but have no idea how to act when they are actually in one. She has done them such a disservice and I can't help but wonder what's going to happen to them when/if they ever have to integrate into society. As it is she's raised them like a litter of feral cats.

I still can't get over that poor little one constantly wearing hats to cover the fact that her mother doesn't give enough of a damn about her to take care of her hair.

From what Lilith is saying, it sounds like Ben, Agust (sp?) and Lauren are rather perfect for each other (!).

This whole story explains why she was so quiet for the past few months.... blogging on an alternate site...

Poor kids... can you imagine, even if Ben and Agust end up being quite stellar dads, finding this blog of your bio-mom's when you are older?

Global Gayby wasn't posted to very regularly - it had maybe 25 posts in all, about 2/3 of which were written by the non bio dad.

When we get an opinion from Curious and our legal eagles we will be posting what we can from Global Gayby.

I think surrogacy is a valid option in some cases, but this is not one of them. Something about all 3 of the adults involved just seems... off. I mean, we already knew about the Sparkling One being psychotic, but this just seems like she's diving into an even deeper level of mental illness and destructive behavior that I don't really want to think about.

If I don't miss my guess, those precious children are desperate for a "normal" life in a "normal" home, but have no idea how to act when they are actually in one. She has done them such a disservice and I can't help but wonder what's going to happen to them when/if they ever have to integrate into society. As it is she's raised them like a litter of feral cats.

I still can't get over that poor little one constantly wearing hats to cover the fact that her mother doesn't give enough of a damn about her to take care of her hair.

She posted something about how the connection with the men in Iceland expands their global family for "when the girls decide to start traveling on their own". I wonder how soon she will endorse Aisha "choosing to travel alone". And how long after that before she decides that Aisha can take a sister or three on her solo travels......

How...how are they funding trips from Australia to Iceland!?!

She claims that she's funding it with a bequest from a grandparent. Which sounds a lot like her friend Alice's story and also sounds like absolute bullshit.

It's more likely that the men are paying her travel expenses.

Or, and I've wondered this for a while, she and the girls have received compensation as victims of crime because of Elijah's death. Such compensation is available and isn't necessarily dependent on a conviction being recorded against the perpetrator. They would receive a substantial sum of money, and I would be very surprised if the solicitor they were consulting in the wake of David's arrest didn't inform them of the scheme and submit an application on their behalf.

She posted something about how the connection with the men in Iceland expands their global family for "when the girls decide to start traveling on their own". I wonder how soon she will endorse Aisha "choosing to travel alone". And how long after that before she decides that Aisha can take a sister or three on her solo travels......

I noticed that too and it further proves that she doesn't give two shits about being "authentic". It's like it has never occurred to her that some of her children might prefer a more traditional life. She naturally assumes they will want to travel. I have a horrible feeling about how this is all going to end. It's been pointed out before, but Lauren + 3 teenage girls in that tiny bus is never going to work. Eventually she will leave them behind and just keep moving :( I can almost hear her explaining that if she allowed them to continue on with her they wouldn't be "walking in righteousness". Makes me mad every time I think about them not being allowed to call her "mommy". :cry:

I just watched the movie Mama, which has two feral girls. They reminded me so much of the sparkling one's daughters, especially the younger one (in the movie) who kept her head covered with a blanket or a hood a lot.

I just watched the movie Mama, which has two feral girls. They reminded me so much of the sparkling one's daughters, especially the younger one (in the movie) who kept her head covered with a blanket or a hood a lot.

I want to watch it but I am too scared! :lol:

Why is one is the bio-dad, the redheaded guy or the darker blond haired guy? The redheaded guy doesn't look to enthused in the picture of the three of them Lauren posted.

Well, maybe she's hoping this will some how be specially healing for her?

Incidentally, you can get most of the site cached.

I think this is totally the wrong time to be doing this, but that's just my opinion. I'd think she has enough going on with the kids she has to look after now to be pregnant again.

I think that while she's in Iceland the dads will find themselves being the carers for both her and her 4 girls. Which given they don't have much girl experience, should be fun! I don't think she'd refuse to give the baby up, because that's not something she's going to want to admit to the world. Especially after building it up like this.

ETA: And FJ totally called it! I remember when she went and people were saying it must be a surrogacy thing. So right!

Archived