IGNORED

Sparkling Lauren, a super special sparkling surrogacy and a "gayby"

princessjo1988

Ahem. That would be ME. I called it back last August.

NOW...go google global gayby. Lauren is a LIAR.

She sought this couple out herself. She is a PAID surrogate. If she's going to out herself now, which she has to do now that she can't hide it anymore, then I'll out her ALL the way.

This was NOT friends she knew and loved. This was a couple she has PREYED UPON. And the idea of surrogacy never crossed her mind until she met a surrogate last year. She stalked this couple because she wouldn't even pay the FEE for the advertising sight they were advertising on. She searched them out. They were STRANGERS and what she is doing is ILLEGAL in Australia, plain and simple.

She's not doing this for love. She's doing this for money and attention, as always with Lauren.

Oh, and congratulations. It's a boy. The couple best hope that 1. she gets TO Iceland where at least the biological father has legal rights to this child and 2. she doesn't move in and refuse to leave again afterward.

I've given a child up for adoption. I'm 100% against traditional surrogacy in any situation in which there was not a pre-existing relationship because it is simply a legally contracted adoption prior to conception. I know what she faces when she gives that child away. She can tell herself whatever narcissstic nonsense she wants, but she's SOLD HER SON. What a legacy, to have buried her first son and sold her second son. What a winner--NOT.

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure that this couple should be considered victims. Lauren has a huge online presence, doing research from the comfort of your home in Iceland and uncovering the extent of her true sociopathy is not hard to do. They should have run from her like bats out of Hell.

Her poor children. The living, the dead, the yet born.

No, the true victims are the five children she's dragged into this. However, this couple lost foster children they had hoped to adopt and were rather desperate in trying to find a surrogate. They wanted a red-head, as the Icelandic partner is red-headed and I suspect that like most people do when feeling desperate to be a parent, jumped with their hearts and not their heads. Even so, she deliberately sought them out. They were not, as she is now claiming, dear friends. They were strangers on the other side of the world that she sought out.

Who exactly is going to parent her daughters when she sinks into her typical PPD that has bordered on pyschosis in the past? Trust me, the grief of going through that without the child in her arms and the horrific hormonal changes of losing her child who isn't truly dead this time will almost assuredly send her into post-partum pyschosis.

Aisha, Broni, Calista and Delaney the internet has a long memory, and I have no doubt that some day you will google your mother and find this. As the grown daughter of a Narcissistic mother, I promise you, you CAN rise above this and have a normal, healthy life. However, for most of us it requires we cut that crazy bitch out of our lives in order to not have her drama in our lives anymore.

Former Fundie whose husband jumped off a bridge with their infant son. Baby drowned and husband is incarcerated in a mental hospital. Currently Lauren drifts around Australia in a custom-made van with her four daughters. She routinely neglects their nutrition, health, safety and emotional well-being for the sake of "sparkling adventures."

Thanks for the info!

Who exactly is going to parent her daughters when she sinks into her typical PPD that has bordered on pyschosis in the past? Trust me, the grief of going through that without the child in her arms and the horrific hormonal changes of losing her child who isn't truly dead this time will almost assuredly send her into post-partum psychosis.

This is so, so scary. Especially considering the track record of your past sparkling predictions.

I'm also cringing at "gayby".

How does she know this child is going to be gay anyway?

I'm also cringing at "gayby".

How does she know this child is going to be gay anyway?

That usually means the child of gay parents. I know a woman my age who was raised by two women and will jokingly refer to herself as a "gayby" on occasion. (And she is straight and recently married a man, so clearly being raised by lesbian mothers didn't turn her gay!)

So why is this couple using Lauren as a surrogate instead of doing it legally, where they could still probably find a red-haired egg donor if that's what they wanted? I think as far as the parents are concerned gestational surrogacy is paying for a baby just as much as traditional surrogacy, but I would imagine it to be much less emotionally risky for everyone involved, especially the surrogate, if the baby has no direct biological link to the surrogate.

Sadly, for two years I've followed Lauren and for two years I've had an uncanny ability to predict her behaviors and outcoms. I would rather NOT be that way. But, the skill comes from having been raised by a NPD mother and having lost a child within the same month Lauren lost her son.

Honestly....it would not surprise me if Lauren manipulated her mentally unhealthy husband to relieve her of the issue of raising Elijah in the first place. That would never be provable, but I saw how my NPD mother manipulated my own father to met out her abuse and craziness so that she rarely had to do the dirty work herself.

It will be dangerous and scary at the point that Lauren hands this baby over to the Icelandic couple. Worse yet, as her own commenters (who aren't fawning all over her selfless choice) have pointed out, she is deliberately causing her four daughters to lose another brother and be forced to grieve for him just as they did Elijah and completely out of their control to not be put through the grief process all over again.

This is going to end badly. So very, very badly. Those poor girls. I can't believe Lauren is so blinded by her own sparkling bullshit that she doesn't get that this is the apex of poor decision making. I shouldn't be surprised but I am somehow. Also the Iceland couple already have a blog, a Facebook page AND a Twitter about their "gayby"? What the actual fuck?

I am beginning to think that the worst case scenario is that those girls might end up dead too. The van mysteriously catches fire while Lauren is off free birthing in a nest of eucalyptus built by koalas while listening to the dulcet tones of Bjork singing about trolls or whatever. Or she doesn't give the baby, sorry, gayby, over to the couple and does a runner in the van right off a cliff. None of this is going to end well.

Speaking of the girls- if you ever read here know that what your mother has put you through is not normal. You are entitled to grieve the loss of your brother(s). If you ever read this know that there are people out there who can and will help. Real help, not suppression of negative emotion or simply monetary handouts. I really encourage you to find a good qualified and licensed therapist. There is nothing wrong with utilizing conventional psychiatric therapy. There is nothing wrong with living a conventional life for that matter. If you wish to seek an education do it. It won't be super easy but there are adult education programs out there. I am sorry that your mother didn't see your needs but you can do anything you wish to do in life.

I can't get the global gayby site to load... too many FJ-ers checking it out at the same time? Or maybe they are doing some blog maintenance (scrubbing) now that Lauren has outed the situation?

I can't get the global gayby site to load... too many FJ-ers checking it out at the same time? Or maybe they are doing some blog maintenance (scrubbing) now that Lauren has outed the situation?

The blog won't load for me either. I did pull up the Facebook page though and they refer to the surrogate as Abigail. Is it possible that this might be two different people?

I feel sorry for these kids :( Its no life for them to lead, stuck in a van with their narcissistic mother, with no routine or predictability, filthy, hungry, unbrushed teeth, bare feet, and expected to fit the part of sparkly happy people when they have just lost their father and their brother because he murdered him. Now they are going to lose another sibling, to a couple on the other side of the world.

This child is far luckier than the four girls and poor Elijah though. If Lauren actually manages to hand him over, he will be raised by a normal couple who have a life that is more stable than Lauren. I hope one day that Aisha, Brioni, Calista and Delaney are given that opportunity, as Lauren does not deserve to have children, as she is neglectful.

The blog won't load for me either. I did pull up the Facebook page though and they refer to the surrogate as Abigail. Is it possible that this might be two different people?

I managed to read the first page of posts before the blog server stopped responding. They are using pseudonyms, but it is definitely Lauren. She wrote some posts on the blog too.

ETA: They also retweeted Lauren's tweet about being pregnant (I don't use twitter so I don't know if I said that right). So that confirms it further.

...he will be raised by a normal couple who have a life that is more stable than Lauren.

I wish I could at least hope for that, but the couple seem almost as narcissistic and willfully ignorant as Sparkles. Her crazy is splashed all over the internet for all to see: even the most cursory research and reading would have demonstrated that she's the last person anybody should sire a child on.

I wish she'd take a moment out of writing her own hagiography to look after those four poor girls. Or ideally let somebody else look after them, like their normal-ish seeming grandfather.

Reading this shit makes me profoundly grateful for my own non crazy parents.

That usually means the child of gay parents. I know a woman my age who was raised by two women and will jokingly refer to herself as a "gayby" on occasion. (And she is straight and recently married a man, so clearly being raised by lesbian mothers didn't turn her gay!)

So why is this couple using Lauren as a surrogate instead of doing it legally, where they could still probably find a red-haired egg donor if that's what they wanted? I think as far as the parents are concerned gestational surrogacy is paying for a baby just as much as traditional surrogacy, but I would imagine it to be much less emotionally risky for everyone involved, especially the surrogate, if the baby has no direct biological link to the surrogate.

Oh OK, thanks. That does at least explain the term a bit better!

I could see her "falling in love with Iceland" and deciding to stay there - a consequence of her heartache over leaving the child. I hope, for the couple, that Lauren is able to detach and not become a never-ending houseguest and a critic of their (likely more mainstream) parenting skills.

The Sparkling One has also linked to @GlobalGayby on her Twitter pregnancy announcement. If you needed any further proof that she's their surrogate.

Oh, Lauren, what other things do you have on your Bucket List? Is there even the remotest chance that you might devote yourself to being a good parent and educating your children -- ever?

Alice Wenzel congratulated them all on the GlobalGayby Facebook page - another sign that it is not just two parallel similar stories.

This, from Lauren's blog post:

With a seventeen-month gestation, so much love has gone into creating this precious baby

made me think, "Eeeeek! Lauren meets Dede!"

:pink-shock:

this woman makes me facepalm :pull-hair: this is gonna end really really bad

can pregnant women travel so close to their due date? what if she goes into labor early and she's still in australia? wht if she travels to europe to give birth and she doesn't bring her daughters?

At this point, how pregnant is she? Her belly looked quite big in the photo she shared on her blog, but I don't have much experience with pregnancies. I thought that after a certain month most airlines don't allow you to fly?

Also doesn't her government stipend run out when the youngest child turns 6 or 8 years old?

If so, could this be away to keep the free money rolling in? She could put her name and the father's name on the birth certificate to keep the money, but leave the child with him.

I really hope she doesn't bolt with the baby.

this woman makes me facepalm :pull-hair: this is gonna end really really bad

can pregnant women travel so close to their due date? what if she goes into labor early and she's still in australia? wht if she travels to europe to give birth and she doesn't bring her daughters?

They're heading to Beijing and then Europe next month already (all 5 of them) so that part at least should be fine. Will be interested to hear her Beijing reports... I was just there a couple of weeks ago with my kids (17, 12, and 9) and it was so crowded and not easy to do tourist things without a guide (we had a guide one day and really enjoyed that part, but once we tried to go on our own things went downhill). Doesn't really sound like the sparkly rainbow lady's kind of place.

Not a big deal compared to the baby news, but I was just catching up on the last several Lauren blog posts and saw the one about Sage's house and the photo where her girls are climbing out of the window (!!!) on this special, hand-made home and she thinks it's so cute and fun for them.... ay yi yi....

At this point, how pregnant is she? Her belly looked quite big in the photo she shared on her blog, but I don't have much experience with pregnancies. I thought that after a certain month most airlines don't allow you to fly?

According to what I can see of the global gayby blog, she appears to be about 20 weeks pregnant with a boy.

Archived