IGNORED

Project Runway - Regular and All Stars

Terrie

I want to like Anya as well, but I'm not sure that I believe she's only been sewing for 4 months.

When did Becky say she was raised Fundie?

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I want to like Anya as well, but I'm not sure that I believe she's only been sewing for 4 months.

When did Becky say she was raised Fundie?

Becky said she was raised in a fundie Christian cult on the Road to the Runway special that aired before the season premiere, but that she'd gotten out of the cult. She said that it was skirts-only, no makeup, no jewelry, and long-hair on the women.

Becky said she was raised in a fundie Christian cult on the Road to the Runway special that aired before the season premiere, but that she'd gotten out of the cult. She said that it was skirts-only, no makeup, no jewelry, and long-hair on the women.

Oh, I skipped watching that, as in past seasons most of what is said in the special is repeated. Also I only watch because I like to watch the runway shows and how they construct the clothing.

Guest Anonymous

Oh, Bert. I still love him but he totally phoned it in this challenge. Hell, he didn't even phone it in. He like, sent in a telegram. Use your immunity to go crazy, not to be lazy!

Poor gay Mormon Josh. I didn't think his outfit was as horrible as the judges did. :(

ETA: I think Heidi is still pissed at Nina about Mondo. They were fighting again over who would win and Heidi gave Nina a killer "Bitch, please!" side eye. I was afraid someone was going to get cut.

I liked the aquarium rocks dress. I didn't think the blue puppy pee-pad dress was so bad, it was interesting.

I was half expecting Heidi and Company to boot Bert even though he had immunity, just for shock value. I think they did that once before to someone with immunity.

Guest Anonymous
I liked the aquarium rocks dress. I didn't think the blue puppy pee-pad dress was so bad, it was interesting.

I was half expecting Heidi and Company to boot Bert even though he had immunity, just for shock value. I think they did that once before to someone with immunity.

I've never seen someone get aufed if they had immunity (not that it didn't happen, just that I missed it if it did) but once they sent home half of a winning team because the guy basically did nothing.

I thought that the bird seed dress should have won. But it lost because it was a teeny bit too short. it seemed to me not to be that much shorter than the winning dress and most of Heidi's wardrobe.

Goodness, Heidi saying that she wanted to wash the make-up off one of the models was funny. Didn't she look into the mirror today and see her overly made up face.

I hope that eliminated Josh has a very long talk with Tim Gunn who may help him come to terms with his sexuality.

The judges really frustrated me on this one. I'm no fashion guru, but to me it looked like the birdseed dress, the ugly sheep toy number that won, and the dress with the red plastic plant skirt they hated (which I quite liked) all had the exact same silhouette! ILIKE harvest festival dresses, thank you very much! It's such a reminder of how arbitrary the judges are on these shows. :doh:

I've never seen someone get aufed if they had immunity (not that it didn't happen, just that I missed it if it did) but once they sent home half of a winning team because the guy basically did nothing.

Oh, no you are right, that was the elimination I was thinking of.

The gimmicky challenges are the worst. Thank god it is over and done with in the beginning of the season.

I also hated the faux sherpa top dress. In what world is that elegant??? It didn't fit right, there were boob lumps where there were no boobs, halfway between her chest and waist!

The blue pee pad dress was a bit too Barbie goes to Prom, so I get why it was in the bottom. The orange harvest dress was nice, I liked it.

What killed me the most was the guest judge complaining about the eye makeup on the aquarium rocks dress, when she had the exact same, over lined eyes going on. Seriously. Hello pot, meet kettle.

I'm really hoping for a Mother of the Bride challenge or something similar this year.

I actually really enjoy the challenges where they have to work with unusual materials. I don't think the show would have kept my interest for as long if it was just the designers going to mood, buying discounted expensive fabric, and staying within a budget.

I strongly dislike the Everywoman Challenges and the ones like "outfit another contestant's mother or sister!" I they seem good on paper (well, not the mother/sister challege) but in execution, it really makes the playing field uneven and often comes off as mean. Maybe if they actually used plus sized models, I could get behind it. But to take people off the street, tell them their opinion matters, then tell the designers that they shouldn't have made what their client wanted is just wrong. IMO

And the sister mother challenge with Jeffrey and Angela was just painful to watch. Why take out all your problems on someone who is not involved?

Count me as another one who loves the unconventional materials challenges. It's such a mix of "wow!" and "what?" that makes for great tv. Great clothes? Not too often, but I'm okay with that.

I loved the bird seed dress. It made me laugh because I'm pretty sure my cockatiel eats that exact mix of seed, haha. I have looked at him and seen him with those big seeds that were at the neck of the dress hanging out of his mouth1

Man, I did not like last night's challenge. I like team challenges, because the personal dynamics are always interesting, but what was up with the basic concept? Stilt walkers? They shouldn't have been shocked by th results. Give them a gimmick right out of the circus and you're going to get circus clothes.

I know right? At least the "impeccably made" (thanks Nina) bullfighter suit didn't get sent home! Fallon was totally the weakest link, and was due to go home.

Next week, designing for Nina Garcia. I can't wait. She's such a rigid personality, they'll have to work wonders with neutrals.

The right ensemble won. I wasn't impressed with Cecilia and ??'s entry, despite the feisty chiffon. Even without the pumpkinhead, it looked very Dynasty. What a fusspot Bert was. I didn't like him from the outset, but it was obvious this week that he was purposely trying to be obtuse. In grammar school he would have got a "5" on "Works well with others.'

Off-topic, but the "Works well with others" comment made me think of it. At an art & wine show I worked a couple of weeks ago, one winery had its employees wearing shirts that said "Drinks well with others." In sparkly rhinestones, no less. :D

I liked Fallene, but I was glad she went home because 1) she messed up that bodice by not sewing it properly and that made their whole outfit blah and 2) she kept losing confidence and going "Maybe I'm not a designer, boohoo!"

I had liked Bert before this, but he was being a major pain this episode!

There are a lot of insincere endearments on this season, haha. Victor and Bert were like "Victor, darling!" "Bert, darling!" while they were in Mood, and they were NOT liking each other. :-P

Olivier's accent--fakey or not?

Slightly OT, but can someone please ban the phrase "threw x under the bus." Pretty please, with sugar on top. Thanks

Back on topic. I didn't like the blue shirt, brown pants combo either. It just looked old and uninteresting. I would have put the matador outfit in the top 3 instead. Yeah, the jacket was a bit over the top. But the outfit was interesting and the pants were incredible, I think they make the slit walker look another foot taller!

I am not sure about Olivier's accent. I think that English may not be his first language. It could be Chinese. He also speaks Italian.

I am not sure about Olivier's accent. I think that English may not be his first language. It could be Chinese. He also speaks Italian.

Except that I think he commented once that he's from Ohio. *looks it up* Yep, apparently he was born and raised in Ohio.

I'm another one who hated that blue/brown combo. I don't know if there was a color shift from real life to my screen, but they just plain didn't go together in my eyes. I found it very distracting.

Sooooo, the "Dress Nina" episode was quite interesting. I was ready to smack Cecilia about 20 minutes in. The "oh, woe is me, I thought I grabbed purple but it's grey" did not make me sympathetic. She could've made something really tasteful out of that camel-colored textile, but she seemed instead to luxuriate in her own misery. I think it was Laura who said at the end that perhaps Cecilia shouldn't be there if she doesn't really want to be, and I agree.

Viktor seems to be this season's tattletale. Honestly, I think he would have been right to out Anya for having help with the sewing and dyeing. Despite that, I thought Viktor's dress was a bit Tuesday Addams.

Cecilia is not going to last with that attitude. And I will be grateful to see her go. Stop dulling up my TV!

Cecilia is not going to last with that attitude. And I will be grateful to see her go. Stop dulling up my TV!

You got your wish! I can't imagine jumping through all the hoops just to get on PR and then dropping out voluntarily early on. Sheesh, I guess she just wanted to get on with her life.

Bert annoys more and more. I predict that Joshua, Anthony Ryan or Viktor is going to take Bert out in the alley and beat his ass on GP. He's just rude.

Archived