IGNORED

Project Runway - Regular and All Stars

Terrie

Haven't the designers had two challenges before this season? Maybe? I can't really remember for sure.

I second Ken being a psychopath. He very obviously thinks he's superior to everyone and that they are beneath him and not worth being treated well. If I knew him, or god forbid was related to him, and was watching the show I'd be horrified and ashamed to be associated with someone that awful.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Haven't the designers had two challenges before this season? Maybe? I can't really remember for sure.

I second Ken being a psychopath. He very obviously thinks he's superior to everyone and that they are beneath him and not worth being treated well. If I knew him, or god forbid was related to him, and was watching the show I'd be horrified and ashamed to be associated with someone that awful.

The designers have generally not had two challenges in a show unlike Top Chef. I think maybe some of the design shows did (Shear Genius and Top Design both did 2 challenges per show).

I was just reminded why the dresstestants may have been drawn to so much plaid. They were getting it confused with gingham which is checked albeit the patterns are usually quite small. I hate to tell them this but we southern women don't wear much gingham outside of a square dance costume and most of us don't square dance.

I was just reminded why the dresstestants may have been drawn to so much plaid. They were getting it confused with gingham which is checked albeit the patterns are usually quite small. I hate to tell them this but we southern women don't wear much gingham outside of a square dance costume and most of us don't square dance.

Your post made me remember this. Loved this book as a kid.

24432o6.jpg

Well that whole dealing with Ken's outburst was BS. He gets rewarded with his own room!?!

Glad he only spent one night in it though. I could have sworn Alexander would have been out because Ken=drama (well, more drama), but I'm not complaining!

I was soooo glad to see Ken go. I think they decided to give him his own room because they knew they were getting rid of him no matter what. It would only be for one night. His dress really wasn't that bad, but I think the production crew was tired of dealing with him.

I wish they'd kicked him off the show for his behavior. I was talking to Mr Atheist about it, and he said there should be a rule that if your behavior ever necessitates the on-screen appearance of the support staff, you are automatically kicked off. That kind of drama is uncalled for.

I liked Justin's dress a lot. He took her modesty needs into account, but the dress wasn't frumpy.

Helen's dress was nice, and her model's makeover was the most dramatic.

I'm glad none of the designers were bitching (on screen) about how terrible it is to work with women with real bodies. Ken said it would be hard, but he didn't harp about her having curves, and he was pleasant to her.

They need to do some psychological testing before they let these designers on the air. Ken was totally out of line. I hated his dress, I had a sofa that color and texture when I first got married, my husband got it from his parent's basement for his first apartment. I liked the idea of the fan makeover, I'd like to see this become a regular feature. I wish they had been given more time to plan and shop, especially to shop and find just the right material.

Yes I was pleasantly surprised that none of the designers complained. By now I should hope they'd know a 'real woman' challenge is likely.

ETA We still don't know why he didn't show at fashion week. Will we ever?

FWIW, here's some gossip about Ken at Fashion Week.

divagalsdaily.com/2013/09/10/dishing-diva-why-ken-laurence-wasnt-in-the-project-runway-nyfw-presentation-exclusive/

Apparently he had a hissy fit right before he was supposed to show and then refused to let his collection go down the runway.

Tonight was the HP Design-A-Print challenge. Dom finally won a challenge outright and Bradon was second. Kate sent out what must be one of the ugliest dresses ever on PR and she's gone! Good riddance! Helen sent out a dress with a design of stars that pointed right at the model's good china. The judges naturally gushed over it. Alexander was also send home and Justin was safe, but both of them made garments that were way bettter than that crap that Alexandria sent down the runway.

Tonight was the HP Design-A-Print challenge. Dom finally won a challenge outright and Bradon was second. Kate sent out what must be one of the ugliest dresses ever on PR and she's gone! Good riddance! Helen sent out a dress with a design of stars that pointed right at the model's good china. The judges naturally gushed over it. Alexander was also send home and Justin was safe, but both of them made garments that were way bettter than that crap that Alexandria sent down the runway.

Alexandria should have been going home with Kate. That was a tattered mess. And Kate's made a teeny tiny runway model look kind of big. That is an achievement of some sort, though.

I hated Helen's print. It looked like something you would find in the little girl's department (although hopefully not used to encircle the "good china"). But I knew they would drool over it. I don't get why the judges love her so much.

Alexandria's look was terrible! How could she not, at the very least, be in the bottom?

So, so tired of Helen's sniveling and weeping. I've liked some of her work, but I really dislike her. Her print really was juvenile.

Wow, so happy that the judges (producers, let's be honest) sent Kate packing over that monstrosity. There were zero things appealing about that dress. Gag.

I'm in the "how did Alexandria survive to sew another day?" boat, especially since I kind of liked Alexander's cult leader dress. Would have liked it more with more appropriate accent color(s). I would have put Helen, Alexandria, and Kate in the bottom (with Alexandria and Kate leaving) and put Alexander in the top. Helen simply for making a hideous fabric; the world is at your HP fingertips and you come up with that?

I guess Alexandria's mean girl act and Helen of Cry are making better TV, at least in the producer's eyes.

They didn't eliminate anyone? Seriously? That's bullshit.

I agree completely that Dom and Bradon had the most successful designs.

Helen's orange dress was not avant garde in the least, which she herself admitted. And did she even use the same fabric for the redesign challenge?

Alexandria's redone plaid pants were pretty awesome, but I didn't like her black dress.

Justin did okay, but I wasn't super-excited.

Helen's orange dress was not avant garde in the least, which she herself admitted. And did she even use the same fabric for the redesign challenge?

Alexandria's redone plaid pants were pretty awesome, but I didn't like her black dress.

I missed most of last night's show because I was attending a webinar on how albinism affects vision, but didn't Helen make that same damn dress in an earlier challenge except in beige?

There definitely should have been an elimination. I agree on Helen's dress, although pretty, wasn't avant garde at all, you could pull that off a rack at a high end store. In her re-do, did she even use the printed fabric?

Had the same issue with Alexandria's dress, not really avant garde. I did like her re-do outfit.

Either of those two could have gone. I think they wanted to eliminate Justin, but couldn't as his stuff was better than the other two for this challenge, hence no elimination. I think Alexandria will eventually make it into the final 3.

SPOILER ALERT!

Justin and Alexandria are showing at Fashion Week! And Helen is going home! YAY! Justin showed a gown made of Eppendorf pipette tips. It was gorgeous and you could tell that Heidi and Zac were blown away by the dress. The home visits were cool for the most part. Bradon's fiance is cute and so is their dog, Eddie. Dom is hostess at a restaurant in the evenings and Alexandria was shown with her camp kids and it's clear both teacher and kids are love each other (they made a Tim Gunn doll) and Justin's family is just as nice as he is.

I was surprised at how late in life Justin got his cochlear implant. I can't imagine suddenly having to learn how to integrate an entirely new sense. Wow.

And I loved his 3D printed necklaces and belts and whatnot. Very cool.

Helen took her aufing better than I expected.

So Alexandria's unusual materials dress is phonebook paper, not money. I was a little concerned about her saying the kids were helping with the weaving. And then she told the model that a kid made the bracelet. Was that something she was wearing, or was it part of one of her looks? I really don't approve of recruiting your day camp kids to be sweatshop workers for Project Runway.

I wonder what Bradon ended up using as his unusual material. I was looking at the photos on TLO, and I don't see anything there that looks like it counts. It looks like there's a skirt made out of that elastic he showed Tim, but elastic isn't really an unusual material for clothes. So.

Two of Helen's dresses were just unwearable, particularly that last dress. How could you function in that dress that plastered your arms to your side?

The mini-collections are supposed to represent your best work. I thought both Alexandria's and Justin's mini-collections were more cohesive and showed more of a vision than Helen's.

I loved that Justin's bowtie for the judging was 3-D printed too!

How did I miss that? I'll have to go see if TiVo has recorded over the episode yet.

Helen's looks were just SO boring.

Alexandria's home visit made me like her a lot more. That camp looks awesome

I wish we had gotten to see all the dolls. They were hilarious.

Archived