IGNORED

Project Runway - Regular and All Stars

Terrie

I really can't believe that they auf'ed Anthony this week. His clothes were pretty blah, but they weren't that bad. Kimberly's outfits on the other hand I thought were terrible! That belly shirt was so hideous...I just don't get it, she wasn't even in the bottom three!

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really can't believe that they auf'ed Anthony this week. His clothes were pretty blah, but they weren't that bad. Kimberly's outfits on the other hand I thought were terrible! That belly shirt was so hideous...I just don't get it, she wasn't even in the bottom three!

This. I didn't like AR's designs this week, but he was such a nice guy and he had had some great outfits in prior weeks. I agree that Kimberly's looked like crap. All in all, I was disappointed by their meager seventies' references. I had a million ideas in my head--gauchos, bow blouses, vests with half-belt in the back, pointy-collar shirts--and couldn't believe I didn't see anything even close. Maybe the difference is that most of them didn't live through the 70's and so couldn't remember specific pieces.

This. I didn't like AR's designs this week, but he was such a nice guy and he had had some great outfits in prior weeks. I agree that Kimberly's looked like crap. All in all, I was disappointed by their meager seventies' references. I had a million ideas in my head--gauchos, bow blouses, vests with half-belt in the back, pointy-collar shirts--and couldn't believe I didn't see anything even close. Maybe the difference is that most of them didn't live through the 70's and so couldn't remember specific pieces.

They did have a dossier of 70s styles on the HP thingy, though, and Tim encouraged the designers to look at them. I could have kicked Josh for saying that he shouldn't have to know about 70s fashion since he wasn't alive then. No, Josh, you fuckwit drama vortex, you *do* have to know about what was stylish before you were born. It's part of being a good designer. I doubt that Josh even knows who Vionnet, Madame Gres, or Elsa Schiaparelli were.

I did hate Kimberley's top in her first look, but I thought her second look was decent. Josh's plaid pants were some of the most gawd-awful things I've ever seen come down the PR Runway. Btw, I doubt that Josh knows that Schiaparelli created the runway fashion show.

Guest Anonymous
They did have a dossier of 70s styles on the HP thingy, though, and Tim encouraged the designers to look at them. I could have kicked Josh for saying that he shouldn't have to know about 70s fashion since he wasn't alive then. No, Josh, you fuckwit drama vortex, you *do* have to know about what was stylish before you were born. It's part of being a good designer. I doubt that Josh even knows who Vionnet, Madame Gres, or Elsa Schiaparelli were.

I did hate Kimberley's top in her first look, but I thought her second look was decent. Josh's plaid pants were some of the most gawd-awful things I've ever seen come down the PR Runway. Btw, I doubt that Josh knows that Schiaparelli created the runway fashion show.

I couldn't agree with you more! Artists study art history for a reason, and designers surely need to study fashion history, too.

I was really happy to see Burt make a pretty dress, I continue to love him almost in spite of myself. I nearly died laughing when he said he got his job with Halston in the balcony at Studio 54.

I loved Bert's dress. I had one like it in the 70's although it wasn't as well made, but dang I felt sexy wearing it.

I loved Bert's dress. I had one like it in the 70's although it wasn't as well made, but dang I felt sexy wearing it.

I kinda like Bert. His clothes are nice and other times a bit boring.

Josh is so fake. Seriously: "I would like to spend more time with Bert." Just some episodes ago he was bitching over Bert.

Buh-bye, Bert. I know different things work for different designers, but I just don't know how he could not have been inspired by that bird and that palette. He had a few nice things over the weeks, but he really stumbled this time. OTOH, the futuristic look Anya came up with didn't do anything for me either. I'm ready for this season to wrap up. I'm kinda tired of these people.

I think that this season's designers are pretty boring. I am looking forward the the Project Runway stars edition, though.

I think that this season's designers are pretty boring. I am looking forward the the Project Runway stars edition, though.

Agreed. This season has been pretty bland. They've spent more time trying to whip up personal drama than they have giving us interesting challenges.

Agreed. This season has been pretty bland. They've spent more time trying to whip up personal drama than they have giving us interesting challenges.

The all-stars edition better be good or I'm out. We are going into finales and the only name I can put to a face is Anya, who I don't like that much anyway (all of her stuff seems so frumpy).

The all-stars edition better be good or I'm out. We are going into finales and the only name I can put to a face is Anya, who I don't like that much anyway (all of her stuff seems so frumpy).

I'm adding Work of Art, on Bravo, Wends. night. It's supposed to have the creative challenges that attracted me to PR in the first place.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, Work of Art is just too...artsy-fartsy for me. A bunch of people with attitudes who "create" crap that anyone off the streets could do, with only a few people with real artistic talent and serious intent.

Like this season - I watched the first two episodes, just to see, and we have the girl who thinks anything that looks like entrails are exciting, and who wanted to do "pooping" as a metaphor for "motion" (where they were supposed to be inspired by parkour runners), and of course, the guy who calls himself THE Sucklord, and insists that everyone else do the same, who created a diorama of Gandalf with Sculpey that looked like it came right out of a seventh-grade art class.

Yawn...they would have to do a LOT better than this crowd to keep me coming back...

• 2 months later...
Crap. That started last night didn't it? I missed it. I hope the tivo was smart enough to catch it.

I forgot to DVR it so I watched online. It was a bit dull, I thought. IMO it is some of the more annoying designers I hoped I'd never see again, such as Michael Costello, Austin Scarlett and that woman from florida whose name I can never remember. Kenley? But I do appreciate Rami, Kara Janx and Jerell.

• 1 year later...

Season 12 of Project Runway premiered last night. They've made some changes. The designers get a debit card to use at Mood, etc, for fabrics and notions, Tim Gunn is brought in during the judging to give his opinion on things like shitty construction, Tim will also rescue one "auf'd contestant during the season, and they brought back Kate from last season. There are already designers we like and some we don't. Last evening's challenge was to make an outfit out of a used parachute. The winner was Bradon, a former dancer with the Mark Morris Company with a very flowy gown which utilized the floaty nylon fabric well. Justin is a deaf designer from North Carolina, Ken Lawrence is a long time viewer from Birmingham, Alabama, Kahindo Mateene is from Uganda while Jeremy Brandick is from England. Alexandria von Bressan is a former model originally from Sweden.Timothy Westbrook is a young kid from Milwaukee who has already gotten on our nerves. He really believes in sustainability and would love it if he could get all the fabrics he needs from the remnant bin at Mood. He did weave some fabric (by hand!) out of old cassette tape for his audition, but last night he was just a douche. He didn't want much done to his model's hair -no hairdryers or flat irons nor even any products and he didn't want her to wear makeup either. She went down the runway BAREFOOT while he wore platform heels. Over at TLo, we have already named him Unicorn Sustainablilty. The designer that really took the cake was this guy, Sandro, who is originally from Russia. Sandro made a badly constructed swimsuit. It is had been well-contructed and had fit, covering everything it needed to, if would have been okay. It looked like it was badly made and worst, it didn't cover the model's crotch. Veteran PR watcher Ken said that it didn't cover the "good china" which was a phrase used by season 8 contestant Peach Carr. Then poor model had to walk down the runway with her hand holding a scarf in front of her crotch. Sandro's been christened "Freddy Mercuryovich" by Tom and Lorenzo and Pussy Galore by the rest of us TLo regulars. There was the "Floating Vulva Box" over the model's crotch the whole time. As one TLo regular (or Bitter Kitten, as we are known) put it, "Labia is the New Black".

This season might be worth watching. Time will tell. They've at least got some personalities to watch.

http://www.tomandlorenzo.com/2013/07/pr ... ummet.html

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway

Seems like last season just got done. They need more space in between seasons. Too many of them now for me to keep track of, have a feeling they will keep the sustainably guy around for awhile. He is good TV.

Project Runway just isn't quite the same without Michael Kors.

THAT CROTCH IS INSANE!

Sandros's swimswuit crotch certainly was insane.

The sustainability guy is nuts!

The Swedish chick rubs me the wring way, as does Helen (the one with all the tattoos).

I miss The Dutchess (MK) too.

The only advantage I can see of the season starting when it did is that there's not much break between the season finale of Mad Men and the start of the new season of PR. For those of us who hang out at Tom and Lorenzo, that's really good.

I hope they give them more time for the challenges this season. It leads to more interesting and beautiful work.

Just finished this weeks episode...utter bullshit

Yep. Not only did the wrong person go home, I think the best dresses were considered safe and not in the top three.

I like the change that they get 4k for the season and have to budget themselves. Last night they mentioned a target budget for the challenge and I thought that was a good idea.

The wrong person went home. I was really looking forward to her work. I liked the dress last night. The one with horrible construction needed to go. Actually there were two with horrible construction.

I'm being vague as I'm not sure what the rules are for talking about an episode after it airs. Is there a waiting period before naming names?

I like the change that they get 4k for the season and have to budget themselves. Last night they mentioned a target budget for the challenge and I thought that was a good idea.

The wrong person went home. I was really looking forward to her work. I liked the dress last night. The one with horrible construction needed to go. Actually there were two with horrible construction.

I'm being vague as I'm not sure what the rules are for talking about an episode after it airs. Is there a waiting period before naming names?

Use the spoiler tag in the full editor-aka Post Reply, not Quick Reply- and you can name names

Example, right here, I could name names, but I didn't even know that the season had started!

Archived