IGNORED

Amber, formerly Homemaker by Choice, coulda died..

philanderinganus

joydare.com/home-birth-liam-douglas/

Didn't know how to break a link, so hope that works.

She started going into shock after delivering (at home of course) her 3rd baby. Lots tons of blood, had to be rushed to the hospital.

OH MY F*CKING GOD...pardon my cursing but seriously, if God ever sent you a message to quit having babies this is IT!!!!

Used to be kinda friendly when she lived in Norway online but quit reading once she moved back to the States and the blog got all fundie weird.

*edited for my crap English*

glad she is ok now but she sound like she will continue along her baby path.

Another case of the Lord saved her...and the paramedics, nurses, and physicians that treated her were just there for the hell of it, I guess. :roll:

The midwife gave me oxygen as she was checking my vitals, trying to figure out whether I was just fatigued or if it was something more serious. But after a while of trying to get me to perk up it became clear that I was going into shock, and needed an ambulance. I was in and out of consciousness and she had a difficult time finding my vitals. Many prayers were being lifted to the Lord. As soon as the paramedics came and got an IV in my arm I started coming out of it a bit.

Sounds like a Lay Midwife who didn't have a fucking clue!! :angry-banghead: 911 should have been called long before this! The moment she started bleeding more than normal.

Stuff like this PISSES ME OFF!

I'm just like...this is a clear sign that you shouldn't poop out more kids. She has a condition with getting more and more blood clots each pregnancy....? :angry-banghead: UGH! God wants you to shut that uterus down honey!!!!! :penguin-no: NO MORE BABIES!

But the joy of fundiesm...drink that Koolaid and don't think for yourself. Can't believe one time I thought this was the right way of thinking...jeez.

The thing is, blood flow in the uterine arteries is BRISK at term. A woman could easily lose much of her blood volume in minutes. I don't care how close to a hospital you are - if you have a bleed you could very well not have time to make it to the hospital. Amber is lucky but this could easily have gone very very badly for her. I hope that at the very least she chooses a hospital birth (and I would suggest a big IV line to be in situ just in case) with her next birth. I doubt she will use this experience as any kind of lesson or warning. :pull-hair:

The thing is, blood flow in the uterine arteries is BRISK at term. A woman could easily lose much of her blood volume in minutes. I don't care how close to a hospital you are - if you have a bleed you could very well not have time to make it to the hospital. Amber is lucky but this could easily have gone very very badly for her. I hope that at the very least she chooses a hospital birth (and I would suggest a big IV line to be in situ just in case) with her next birth. I doubt she will use this experience as any kind of lesson or warning. :pull-hair:

These kind of stories scare me. I had a friend several years ago who had a normal, uncomplicated birth in the hospital. She would not stop bleeding afterwards. When the doctor put her hand inside, she discovered a HUGE hole in my friend's uterus. So big the doctor could fit her hand through it. Friend was rushed off immediately to the OR, where fortunately they were able to save her by a matter of minutes. If she had been at home, she would have died before the ambulance even arrived.

I am not slamming homebirth at all. Honestly, my friend would have been a candidate for one since she had a very healthy uncomplicated pregnancy. This was almost ten years ago, and thinking of it still gives me the shivers.

Edited because ER and OR are two different things.

I hope she realizes how very serious that could have been. A 23-year-old acquaintance died in childbirth last year when she gave birth at home as planned but started hemorrhaging and bled out in an ambulance on the way to the hospital.

It was a sobering reminder that even today giving birth can be very dangerous and women can and do die in the process. It is definitely not something to take likely.

Birth is very scary. Ive lost of friend to a "homebirth" and had a friend have brain damage from eclampsia after the birth of her son in the hospital

• 3 years later...

The sad thing is, she's probably going to get pushed by her husband to have more kids. Three kids are enough if that's all your body can handle, but Quiverfulls are always having "i have more kids than you" contests so if you have 3 kids, no matter how wonderful, it's not enough. 

Archived