IGNORED

Creationist Ken Ham aliens are going to hell.

doggie

so it seems if there are aliens god does not know about them since he did not make allowances in the bible for them. poor god has to follow the bible man has written can't think for himself.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2014/07/22 ... g-to-hell/

Writing on his Answers in Genesis website, Ham argued:

“I’m shocked at the countless hundreds of millions of dollars that have been spent over the years in the desperate and fruitless search for extraterrestrial life,â€

He stated that “secularists are desperate to find life in outer space†as a part of their “rebellion against God in a desperate attempt to supposedly prove evolution.â€

“Life did not evolve but was specially created by God, as Genesis clearly teaches. Christians certainly shouldn’t expect alien life to be cropping up across the universe,†he continued. “Now the Bible doesn’t say whether there is or is not animal or plant life in outer space. I certainly suspect not.â€

For Ham, whether or not life exists beyond the boundaries of our blue planet was a moot point – they’re damned.

“You see, the Bible makes it clear that Adam’s sin affected the whole universe. This means that any aliens would also be affected by Adam’s sin, but because they are not Adam’s descendants, they can’t have salvation,†he explained. “Jesus did not become the ‘GodKlingon’ or the ‘GodMartian’! Only descendants of Adam can be saved. God’s Son remains the ‘Godman’ as our Savior.â€

Ken Ham's god is too fuckin' small.

I suppose Ken never saw the episode of Frasier where Frazier gives his blessing to his son Frederick at his Bar Mitzvah in Klingon, thinking it's Hebrew. The kids at the service love it, btw.

[bBvideo 560,340:2ro3pprl]

[/bBvideo]

For Ham, whether or not life exists beyond the boundaries of our blue planet was a moot point – they’re damned

Since he believes that most of humanity is damned, does that mean he doesn't believe they're worth the time of day either?

What are the chances Ken Ham and the Ancient Aliens dude would ever debate each other? Unlike with the Ham vs Nye debate Ham wouldn't be debating anybody above his level intellectually but the snark value would be amazing.

Only secularists? John Milton was a firm believer in aliens, considering anything else to be a terrifyingly lonely prospect. I can't remember how he reconciled that with religion/salvation, though.

Ken Ham has fallen off the deep end - really lost it. He must confuse nightmares with reality, or something.

Lots of people believe in creationism without being nutcases. Ham is now in nutcase territory.

There was a time when he was just another guy traveling around speaking in churches for "love offerings", with a niche of mostly speaking on creationism. (Yeah, I was in the congregation of one of those churches when he came and spoke - back when).

But he has really lost it now. I expect some huge future revelation about some "moral failing" (whether sexual, financial, legal, domestic, something). I base that purely on apple1's life observations that, in my experience, something was going on behind the scenes every time the church's pastor made a big deal of having a sermon series on creationism. I mean, it saved the pastor from having his conscience pricked by spending sermon prep time looking at WWJD if he could instead promote a sermon series on creationism. As always, YMMV.

Only secularists? John Milton was a firm believer in aliens, considering anything else to be a terrifyingly lonely prospect. I can't remember how he reconciled that with religion/salvation, though.

I grew up pretty damn conservative, and no one ever taught me that intelligent extraterrestrial life was an impossibility. I remember asking someone once, and they said they believed that if there was intelligent life on other planets that God became incarnate and died on each of those planets.

Seventh day Adventist believe in aliens... Thy just also believe that the other planets are not fallen worlds. They believe that there are planets out there where no one sinned at all, and therefore are not in need of salvation.

At least, that is what Ellen white taught, so Adventists who believe in her believe in hat.

I like he SDA version a LOT better Han what jackass hammy is peddling. What an asshole!

What are the chances Ken Ham and the Ancient Aliens dude would ever debate each other? Unlike with the Ham vs Nye debate Ham wouldn't be debating anybody above his level intellectually but the snark value would be amazing.

post-2794-14451999251161_thumb.jpg

This is pretty indicative of the fundie fear of knowledge. All pursuit of knowledge or learning (especially science) must be stopped, lest it further disprove their literal interpretation of the bible.

At our county fair there was a " creation science" fair. The very last panel ( after all sorts of bizarre blathering about the flood and fake fossils and how men killed dinosaurs off) was a panel about aliens. Among its claims:

1) Aliens for sure exist.2) They are demonic 3) Abductions! happen and they do implants! They even had a picture of a guys ear with an implant!! 4) The ONLY way to prevent an abduction is to get saved and pray.

I was downright stunned.

My kiddo asked "Do they really believe this?" I could only stare and shrug while I watched the fundies give out "tests" and "PhDs" and say "Now your friends have to call you doctor!"

I'm thinking about going there in a dress and playing along just to see how far their crazy goes. ( yesterday I went in tech clothing, with my build I look pretty masculine and I was giving off don't fuck with me vibes...the two fundie men wouldn't meet my eyes)

At our county fair there was a " creation science" fair. The very last panel ( after all sorts of bizarre blathering about the flood and fake fossils and how men killed dinosaurs off) was a panel about aliens. Among its claims:

1) Aliens for sure exist.2) They are demonic 3) Abductions! happen and they do implants! They even had a picture of a guys ear with an implant!! 4) The ONLY way to prevent an abduction is to get saved and pray.

I was downright stunned.

My kiddo asked "Do they really believe this?" I could only stare and shrug while I watched the fundies give out "tests" and "PhDs" and say "Now your friends have to call you doctor!"

I'm thinking about going there in a dress and playing along just to see how far their crazy goes. ( yesterday I went in tech clothing, with my build I look pretty masculine and I was giving off don't fuck with me vibes...the two fundie men wouldn't meet my eyes)

Re bolded: Ha! It's been so long since i've talked to a fundie guy face to face that i forgot some do that. It just makes them seem weak and scared. Come on guys, grow a pair. :lol: Guess they think strong women have mind powers and shoot out corrupting laser beams.

Their faith in the power of the indwelling of Christ or some other mantra they tell themselves should make them invincible! "No power formed against us shall prosper" and all that. How weak is their faith if they can't interact with others?

Sigh. Religiosity.

...amazing that they allowed that at the county fair! Maybe one of the fair coordinators was like, "oh we have to let these wackos do displays! NO better way to show our teenagers the dangers of going off the deep end." :lol:

Contrast this with Pope Francis, who said he would baptize aliens. Of course, we all know Catholicism is a cult and a bastardization of the Holy Gospel... :shifty-kitty:

Their god is so small. I am a Christian...and I believe that God is the sovereign creator of the universe (how He did it...who cares). Now, if God is the sovereign creator of the universe, who is to say that he created this infinite universe solely for the benefit for these insignificant life forms on a watery little word in a backwater corner of the universe? Did He create other worlds with civilizations? Probably. Does it make my God smaller? No.

I don't get it....

Their god is so small. I am a Christian...and I believe that God is the sovereign creator of the universe (how He did it...who cares). Now, if God is the sovereign creator of the universe, who is to say that he created this infinite universe solely for the benefit for these insignificant life forms on a watery little word in a backwater corner of the universe? Did He create other worlds with civilizations? Probably. Does it make my God smaller? No.

I don't get it....

I just assumed God created everything and everyone, including the aliens. If God created the Earth, wouldn't it be safe to say that he created the other planets and entire universe as well, or does that mean that everything else was created by other gods? Are the aliens products of the devil? Does that make the devil as powerful as God because he can create lifeforms as well? Inquiring minds want to know. I swear these nuts make God seem small, weak, SUPER sensitive and not as powerful as they proclaim him to be. I think I will keep my God and stay away from theirs.

Since he believes that most of humanity is damned, does that mean he doesn't believe they're worth the time of day either?

It's all worth it for Ken and his handful of True Believers[tm][/tm]

I grew up pretty damn conservative, and no one ever taught me that intelligent extraterrestrial life was an impossibility. I remember asking someone once, and they said they believed that if there was intelligent life on other planets that God became incarnate and died on each of those planets.

That's what I heard as well, though I also got the impression that while it's fine in fiction, a Christian shouldn't actually believe in aliens. I don't remember it ever being much of an issue, though.

Christianity (LDS excepted, since they believe in extraterrestrial life already) is probably the religion that would have the most issues incorporating intelligent extraterrestrial life, since it's based on the idea that Jesus died for humanity because sin had entered the world. You would have to decide if that meant sin entered all of creation or only earth, and what either of those options would mean for other planets (e.g. Could there be worlds that never experienced a fall? Would interacting with humans cause sin to enter their world?). If Jesus had to die over and over again on different planets that would definitely require some theological shifts because the Bible makes it sound like a one-time thing. Are the aliens going to the same Heaven and Hell or do they have their own? Why would God have been so lonely he created Earth if there were other planets? Are aliens created in the image of God too?

And that's all just speculative. If we ever were to make first contact then a lot more questions would come up. For example, do the aliens have any concept of religion? Any answer to that would just bring more questions and theological quandaries.

It seems like Ken Ham is just saying that Christian beliefs don't allow for the possibility of extraterrestrial life, but that doesn't make as good a headline as "Martians are going to Hell." I don't agree with him and I don't think Christians or any religion needs to worry about the possibility of extraterrestrial life out of theological concerns, but one can't deny that no matter what it looked like, first contact would really shake someone's faith, especially Christianity, and require some major worldview shifting even for the nonreligious.

I've been in kind of a sci-fi mood lately and now I want to see if I can find some books that address this.

Wow. Just wow. When my super intelligent Autistic son is old enough to start asking me about religion and science, I'm going to get on YouTube with him and search Ken Ham and creation museum videos. After that we will skip to Hitchens and Neil deGrasse Tyson. After that I will make him his own Free Jinger account. :stir-pot:

Now you mention it, I think that might have been Milton's view, too (possibly with some unfallen planets).

On second thought, though, most conservative Christians today probably wouldn't consider Milton a proper Christian. For one thing, Satan in Paradise Lost is quite a sympathetic character, with his whole "Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven" thing. Also, he rejected the Trinity; hence Jesus volunteers to be born a human, because he saw them as discrete beings, and otherwise it would be a supposedly loving God sending his own son to an agonising death. This, incidentally, is something that always bothered about the whole "For God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life" (Is that John 3:16?), because really all that said to me was that God loved the world more than his own child, until someone pointed out that, because of the doctrine of the Trinity, that means that God was really sending himself.

And this is tremendously off-topic. Carry on :P

I think Ham is trying to run an end game to prevent the possibility that Christianity might some day have to deal with alien life. I really don't think about alien life except to accept the probability that there are likely alien life forms out there somewhere. May one of these days, it could be next year or ten thousand years from now. we may come face to face with an alien who will be 1) smarter than us and 2) not Christian. To defund NASA's ability to explore would be going against the very nature of who we are....explorers. Most of us want to learn, explore, ask questions, etc. Only in Ham's world are we expected to do as we are told and accept what we are taught. No thank you.

Archived