IGNORED

If I had old pictures from ATI events..

not.diligent.enough

My worst memories from ATI are BY FAR the horrible songs for the Children's Institute.. I STILL remember some of them, and it's been 20 years. The "unchangeables song" and the "umbrella of protection" are the two that I can't get out of my head. :brain-bleach:

My worst memories from ATI are BY FAR the horrible songs for the Children's Institute.. I STILL remember some of them, and it's been 20 years. The "unchangeables song" and the "umbrella of protection" are the two that I can't get out of my head. :brain-bleach:

Oh my goodness, PLEASE share these songs?? I am dying to know.

Awesome pictures. Thanks for the post! I am enjoying seeing "vintage" fundie. :D

The funny thing about fundie teens is that it is so difficult to distinguish vintage photos from recent ones. With other teenagers (especially girls) it is easy to date the photos based on clothing, hairstyles, accessories, and pop culture artifacts. For example, a photo of girls wearing babydoll dresses with Dr. Marten's boots screams mid-1990s. But fundies look pretty much the same from one decade to the next.

To Not Diligent Enough, thank you so much for sharing your photos. :worship:

REED! That was their name, I remember now. This was 14 years ago.. are they still around?? COMMIT was just awkward. I wasn't every extremely close with my mom (we get along well, we are just very different people) so that made it even weirder.

All five Reeds are married. The father, Michael Reed, died a few years ago. Charity and her husband are missionaries in Ecuador (she went to Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry, whatever that is). I don't know how Christianna is now, but we were always "crying out to God" for her health at the ATI conferences.

Thanks for sharing! Be glad that were not Gothard's "type" (insert vomiting emoticon here). I also love the ink and the fact that you got out.

All five Reeds are married. The father, Michael Reed, died a few years ago. Charity and her husband are missionaries in Ecuador (she went to Bethel School of Supernatural Ministry, whatever that is). I don't know how Christianna is now, but we were always "crying out to God" for her health at the ATI conferences.

I remember Charity's name but couldn't remember the other two. I didn't know that there were 5 of them. I know that this was about a year after one of them had been in a car accident. I don't remember the details. I was 13 there and I am 27 now, so it's been a while. :)

I counted six moms (assuming back row), and five daughters (front row). I thought Gothard forbade that kind of stuff :lol:

I counted six moms (assuming back row), and five daughters (front row). I thought Gothard forbade that kind of stuff :lol:

Me too but the one with a name tag was just the group leader, mbe?? Took a minute to figure out though. :lol:

Congratulations on your survival! :D :D Looks like you've turned out pretty well despite the early bad influences of ATI, haha!

I think my parents still have some old Bright Arrows magazines in a basement bookshelf, and I can recognize a lot of the people in the "crowd" photos on the covers. Creeps me out still, especially since some of those people are still up past their necks in that whole culture.

The one in the navy in the back was our "group leader" of sorts. I can't think of the actual title. I had actually forgotten about that until you pointed pointed out the numbers!

So, mind if I ask what state these were taken in and what year? Tell us more, please!

These were taken in Indianapolis. I believe at a "training center." Let me think what year it would be.. I think 2000.

Congratulations on your survival! :D :D Looks like you've turned out pretty well despite the early bad influences of ATI, haha!

I think my parents still have some old Bright Arrows magazines in a basement bookshelf, and I can recognize a lot of the people in the "crowd" photos on the covers. Creeps me out still, especially since some of those people are still up past their necks in that whole culture.

Thanks! Most people have no idea that my parents were such weirdos when we were younger. My husband didn't even know that they did ATI until I explained my weird fascination with the Duggars.

Archived