IGNORED

If I had old pictures from ATI events..

not.diligent.enough

If I had old pictures from ATI "events," where would I post them? Is there an area for that sort of thing. Sorry I am new. :? I just found a box that had some old pictures from COMMIT and another ATI event (can't remember the name, it's been too long.) I thought they might be fun to share. :cray-cray:

Yes, please start a thread in this forum and post them.

In fact, you could use this thread...

When you post a reply to this thread, scroll down a bit and under the Save draft/Preview/Submit buttons, you'll see a tab that says "Upload Attachment". Click that and upload the pictures there.

I just spent 2 hours getting my baby to sleep, will post these in this thread in the morning. :) I found a treasure.. I have one of myself with 3 sisters who spoke at the conference. I don't remember what they said, just that they were kind of creepy. They are soooo Gothard's "type." :evil-eye: Anyway, will be back with the pictures tomorrow.

You own those pictures, they are your property. You can feel free to post them here. In fact, some of FJ's supersleuths might be able to identify some of the more famous/infamous fundies in the pictures.

You own those pictures, they are your property. You can feel free to post them here. In fact, some of FJ's supersleuths might be able to identify some of the more famous/infamous fundies in the pictures.

Oh I am actually a professional photographer (I was not when these pictures were taken :lol: ) so I know how that works, just wanted to make sure it was allowed. :)

Here are the first 4. A little bit of background. My parents were never super fundie. They tried to do the whole ATI thing because they had good friends that did. They tried for a while but then let it go. My parents were strict conservative Christians, but we wore shorts, played sports, had non-christian friends, etc. Nothing too crazy. My parents don't talk about ATI much, but my guess is that they were just too educated for the bullshit. They are both college educated (masters and phD, actually) and they ADOPTED us because they couldn't have kids. I think both of those things made them outcasts to an extent. oh and I have met my bio mom and the crazy fundies may be onto something with the sins of the parents being passed down. I am definitely my bio families kind of crazy. :cray-cray:

post-10508-14451999243547_thumb.jpg

post-10508-14451999243704_thumb.jpg

post-10508-14451999243841_thumb.jpg

post-10508-14451999243977_thumb.jpg

The whole conference was weird. They were trying to teach you how to be a "lady." Not as weird as the one where you had to make a belt about being under your dads authority.. but I was really young and can't remember the details of that one. :shifty-kitty:

post-10508-14451999244117_thumb.jpgpost-10508-14451999244422_thumb.jpgpost-10508-14451999244821_thumb.jpg

post-10508-14451999244279_thumb.jpg

LOL.. sorry about the watermark. I had to re-size them in Lightroom and I guess it was on when I exported. I am really not that proud of these pictures. :lol:

Thanks for sharing. I hope there are more to come.

Thanks for sharing. I hope there are more to come.

Oh there are, I am digging for them. I know I have more in my photo boxes, just a matter of finding them. :mouse-shock:

NDE, I like your ink! What's the design?

It's really just a bunch of random stuff. :) I have a lotus, some birds, a whole bunch of stars, a skull.. it started with one tattoo and turned into a 1/4 sleeve.

OMG the Reed sisters! They creeped me out so much. I hated COMMIT too. It made me feel depressed. :(

REED! That was their name, I remember now. This was 14 years ago.. are they still around?? COMMIT was just awkward. I wasn't every extremely close with my mom (we get along well, we are just very different people) so that made it even weirder.

Archived