IGNORED

Worshiping women on a pedastal cause god and patriarchy

antares

What the fuck is the "feminine realm"?

Sounds like something out of "Houston, Houston, Do You Read?"

Confession: My fiancee is your typical Southern Gentleman (opening doors, offering his seat to woman, saying yes ma'am and no ma'am, etc). But he is in no way a MRA. If his help isn't wanted or needed, he backs off and forgets about it. He doesn't go on a hateful female bashing rant.

Pedastling is wrong because when the person on the pedastle does not show the desired traits, the person who put them on the pedastle feels wronged, when they shouldn't have expected those traits in the first place. If you hold a door open for a woman and immediately after she says thank you, she let's out a large belch, would you get mad or offended because you feel like gentlemanly behavior on your part means she owes you ladylike behavior?

If you care about what people on the internet think of you, you're gonna have a bad time. It's good to question your own beliefs, but your wording made it seem like are mainly concerned about people on the internet approving of your lifestyle.

Edited because I just realized, deep, that the FJ member who posted isn't the one who wrote all that stuff. Anyway, the "you" shouldn't mean you personally, just someone with this attitude.

There are two things that belong on a pedestal. One is someone who just won an athletic contest and is getting his/her moment of glory. Which is lovely for a few minutes, but you can't live your life up there. You have to step down to accomplish anything else - even your next victory.

The other thing that belongs on a pedestal is an ornament. I don't want to be an ornament.

Pedastling is wrong because when the person on the pedastle does not show the desired traits, the person who put them on the pedastle feels wronged, when they shouldn't have expected those traits in the first place. If you hold a door open for a woman and immediately after she says thank you, she let's out a large belch, would you get mad or offended because you feel like gentlemanly behavior on your part means she owes you ladylike behavior?

The door-holding thing really gets to me. How am I more deserving of having a door held empty-handed than a man carrying his child is?

The thing is, though, 90% of the time, when someone holds a door for me, it's a non-issue. If it's not clear whether or not a man's doing it because of my sex, I give him the benefit of the doubt and assume he's doing it because it's polite to hold doors for people. Likewise, I hold the door for people when they're passing through behind me. The only time it's ever been an issue is when I've had men rush forward to pull the door open, then stand behind it to let me go through first. That makes it really obvious that he felt the need to hold the door for me, when a much more natural way to do it would have been for me to open the door and hold it behind me to let him through.

Archived