IGNORED

Petie's baaaack...

WonderingInWA

I wasn't around FJ when all the Bradrick stuff happened (I vaguely am aware he tried to start some christian security firm and dragged his wife to Europe with dougie where she hemorrhaged). The cynic in me wants to say that this proclamation is just more hubris, but the fact that he seems to have a real job is respectable. It shows he actually cares about providing for his family. I hope that he follows through on his word.

I didn't see an apology in there, so Peter can take his self pity and shove it up is ass. Until he fully apologies, he as nothing to say that I want to hear. His kind have treated women and children like property and have spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically abused them. Woe is him for being disillusioned by DPIATR. That's nothing compared to what the women and children have been through.

I didn't see an apology in there, so Peter can take his self pity and shove it up is ass. Until he fully apologies, he as nothing to say that I want to hear. His kind have treated women and children like property and have spiritually, mentally, emotionally, and physically abused them. Woe is him for being disillusioned by DPIATR. That's nothing compared to what the women and children have been through.

Ridiculous. I didn't see self pity there. And I seriously doubt he wrote that for you or anyone here.

I don't see self-pity either. I see him humbling himself and admitting being a pompous ass, and whether he truly means it or is just crafting the language remains to be seen.

I don't know that he's given up on his patriarchy ideas, though. Time will tell on that one, too. He was raised in patriarchy which is why his parents so willfully shipped him off to Dougie's internship program in the first place. So I just hope the whole family is taking a step back and rethinking it all, but I guess that's a lot to hope for.

That photo is from a few years ago (I think when she only had 4 kids instead of 6). She looks relaxed or exhausted -- I can't tell the difference.

Oops, my bad!

I don't see self-pity either. I see him humbling himself and admitting being a pompous ass, and whether he truly means it or is just crafting the language remains to be seen.

I don't know that he's given up on his patriarchy ideas, though. Time will tell on that one, too. He was raised in patriarchy which is why his parents so willfully shipped him off to Dougie's internship program in the first place. So I just hope the whole family is taking a step back and rethinking it all, but I guess that's a lot to hope for.

I read it as a guy who has been humbled by his past and definitely been taken down a notch or two.

However, I also believe he is still in the patriarchy and probably still holds a lot if not all of his previous views, even if he is choosing to be less vocal about them. He moved near his parents, who are are fairly fundified themselves. That being said, he has taken some baby steps, a real job for example, so one can hope he takes more. Only time will tell.

Peter's FB post has garnered 218 "likes" thus far - Servens and Botkins and Thomases, oh my!

Peter's FB post has garnered 218 "likes" thus far - Servens and Botkins and Thomases, oh my!

Not surprising. Again, he's a crafter of words, so what he wrote is something everyone wants to see and believe, but whether he is being genuine will remain to be seen. This is his re-debut after his promised time in hiding. So, he's back.

I'm very interested to see where he goes from here. I think I am mostly still very concerned about his view of women and their role in serving men. If he gets Kelly pregnant one more time, I think that will be the sign to me that he hasn't really learned a thing. He learned about the pageantry and showmanship that was DPIAT's legend, but if he hasn't learned anything to sway his ideas about patriarchy, well, then, I will just be very disappointed.

Ridiculous. I didn't see self pity there. And I seriously doubt he wrote that for you or anyone here.

I know he didn't write that for me, dumbass, but he posted it to be read by the public. If he is truly repentant, he would apologize and not make everything about him. He's still a patriarchal asshole as far as I'm concerned. And, yeah, that post reeks of selfishness.

Add me to the list of those who think we see some self-awareness, humility, and willingness to change.

Hoping the change includes BC.

Time will tell. YMMV.

He must have cleaned up his friends list as well, because he deleted a lot of people (and I know this because I had a fake FB profile). That could mean something, or it could not. While he does seem to be exhibiting some self-awareness, I too am a bit skeptical about any change that will take place in his life.

I sincerely hope he can change his patriarchal attitude; however, the fact that he lives near his own parents worries me. I believe they will still be a big influence on him and Kelly. Unless they also have been disillusioned by Doug's Tool. Time will tell.

Also reflecting on this. He has moved back to family and friends and now perhaps he can just feel comfortable living in his own skin and being (relatively) his own man, rather than a DPIAT mini me. That said, he is so immersed in fundiedom that he'll likely never truly think for himself in the sense that we understand that term. However, as a realtor, he'll be dealing with real world scenarios and exposed directly to people he would never have encountered in the VF bubble, so there's that. I guess the best way to put it is that he now has a secular job with (hopefully) good health insurance.

Also, in terms of militant fecundity, wonder if Kelly can deal with any changes and if she can mentally loosen up a little from the ways that she has been brainwashed by the patriarchal system.

I worry about Kelly. She and Blair seemed pretty close, from what I've read. I wonder how this falling out with the Browns has affected their relationship. I do hope that she can make some new friends, and not just people from church. Maybe finding a playgroup and interacting with other moms. Or - better yet! - sending the oldest boys to public school so she can get somewhat of a reprieve during the day, the boys can get a solid education and maybe she and Petey could make some friends outside the fundy bubble.

I worry about Kelly. She and Blair seemed pretty close, from what I've read. I wonder how this falling out with the Browns has affected their relationship. I do hope that she can make some new friends, and not just people from church. Maybe finding a playgroup and interacting with other moms. Or - better yet! - sending the oldest boys to public school so she can get somewhat of a reprieve during the day, the boys can get a solid education and maybe she and Petey could make some friends outside the fundy bubble.

I think they're too close to Ma and Pa Bradrick to even fantasize about sending the kids to public school. But they will more likely run across a lot more non-fundie people, especially given that Petey is selling real estate now. I hope Kelly gets some help from Ma Bradrick and/or some of Petey's many MANY sisters and sisters-in-law who live locally. I really wonder what the nature of the relationship is now with Scottie Brown. Probably strained, I'm guessing.

I'm glad that a father of six and husband of one (unemployab'tle??) spouse has a real job at which he might excel to support them properly.

I'm glad he's moved his family away from the epicenter of organized Father-Idolizing Churchianity.

I'm not ready to be really joyful because isn't his mom - to whose neighborhood he's moved - the author of a particularly odious article on how to punish kids as young as six months to sit still and quiet in a 2- or 3-hour "church" service?

Not ready at all.

Archived