IGNORED

Petie's baaaack...

WonderingInWA

Petie's back on FB. I must say, though, I am impressed with his statement on his timeline. I hope he is genuine in his words. He sounds truly repentant of his boldness under the DPAIT regime. It sounds like he's had time to collect his thoughts and openly admits he misrepresented himself based on what he was taught to think.

I never thought I'd say this, but hats off to Bradrick.

Good for him. I hope he means it. I see it as a positive step that he has got a real job now too.

And one commenter says "I guess you were listening to Scott[ Brown]'s sermon today..." I hope not! Scotty won't help him along the road to humility and away from the "advertising-machine life plan" for sure...

And one commenter says "I guess you were listening to Scott[ Brown]'s sermon today..." I hope not! Scotty won't help him along the road to humility and away from the "advertising-machine life plan" for sure...

I still wonder what the relationship between Bradrick! and Scott must be like these days. There must be a lot of hard feelings there on so many levels. I'm sure Scott was none too happy to have Bradrick! move Kelly and the gang across the country and I still wonder if it was done for political reasons after the DPIAT scandal or if Bradrick! actually made a break from Scott because he realized his role in all the brainwashing. I'd love to know the inside story. I just hope Bradrick! is happy where he landed and more importantly that Kelly and the SIX kids are finding their way in calling the west coast "home". It must be a very foreign place for Princess Kelly, but hopefully she'll finally stop having babies long enough to get to know her new (very different) community.

BRADRICK! is back!!

Wondering what happened to him.

Guy came out of his VF internship with a chip on his shoulder the size of the Grand Canyon. Got to work for the King himself and won him a princess.

When he tried to go out on his own, he basically got his ass handed to him. His dimwitted idea for a company was a bust and he couldn't support himself and every growing brood. Had to fall on the mercy of his FIL, who I'm sure let him know of his failure each and every day. Then his King fell, and basically disowned him. I think Peter ended up dejected and knew he had to start fresh. He went home, away from Scotty and it all, got himself a real job and is hopefully learning to live his own life. Not VFs, not Dougie, not Scotty.

It seems he finally realizes that his shit actually does stink. I suspect he will always be fundie at best fundie lite, but who knows maybe he will continue to learn to think for himself and change even more.

Well whatever his situation is, he's dealing with the real world now. A friend of a friend emailed him about seeing one of his houses (totally a coincidence though I nearly had freak-out of joy when I realized the Peter was the Sippycup!!!). He emailed her back and was super polite and eager to work with them. I was shocked because they're two women with very feminine names (think Jennifer and Anne), married to each other and expecting a baby. They specifically asked about schools, used the word wife, etc and he answered all their questions. I really expected them to be referred to someone else, but he clearly was willing to work with them. They ended up not even seeing that house, but I keep harassing them to stop in and see him once they relocate.

Well whatever his situation is, he's dealing with the real world now. A friend of a friend emailed him about seeing one of his houses (totally a coincidence though I nearly had freak-out of joy when I realized the Peter was the Sippycup!!!). He emailed her back and was super polite and eager to work with them. I was shocked because they're two women with very feminine names (think Jennifer and Anne), married to each other and expecting a baby. They specifically asked about schools, used the word wife, etc and he answered all their questions. I really expected them to be referred to someone else, but he clearly was willing to work with them. They ended up not even seeing that house, but I keep harassing them to stop in and see him once they relocate.

My jaw is on the floor.

My jaw is on the floor.

That makes two of us! I can't even... My.

That makes two of us! I can't even... My.

I know! I made her double check his name and look up his picture online at KW. I'm sure everyone thought I was nuts. He told her the schools in that area of Washington are fantastic and people move there for the schools. I begged her to ask him if his children were in the schools. But she was not nearly as interested as I wanted her to be. And they had already decided against the house.

Hopefully he will resist the draw of Mark Driscoll -- he's local enough to become an idol to Bradrick!.

Part of me wants to believe his words -- that he truly is starting over, knows he was brainwashed and takes the blame somewhat for being a judgmental asshat, but the other part of me thinks he still wouldn't hesitate to picket at a clinic known to perform abortions (Kelly once said how proud she was that he did that) or post photos of raccoons he proudly shot because they were threatening his chickens (telling is better than showing in that case, Petie).

Petie's been trained to write persuasively, and it's something he's good at it. He's a salesman at heart, so it's hard to know if he's being genuine or not. I really do hope, for Kelly and the kids' sake, that he's starting to pull his head out of his ass. I suspect pulling away from Scott Brown did not go over well at all, and must have been very hard on Kelly. I just hope she stops having babies.

Wow :o That is pretty awesome.

In contrast to the Botkin "girls'" excuse making and buck passing, Peter seems to actually be examining himself and the real damage he did. I'm at least willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. I know he'll never be a flaming liberal, and that's... okay. I'll settle for him not spreading hatred and ignorance.

What I'd really like to see now is Michael and Susan Bradrick making a public apology for brainwashing their children and allowing them to be used as props by a dangerous cult leader, but I won't hold my breath.

Hopefully he will resist the draw of Mark Driscoll -- he's local enough to become an idol to Bradrick!.

Part of me wants to believe his words -- that he truly is starting over, knows he was brainwashed and takes the blame somewhat for being a judgmental asshat, but the other part of me thinks he still wouldn't hesitate to picket at a clinic known to perform abortions (Kelly once said how proud she was that he did that) or post photos of raccoons he proudly shot because they were threatening his chickens (telling is better than showing in that case, Petie).

Petie's been trained to write persuasively, and it's something he's good at it. He's a salesman at heart, so it's hard to know if he's being genuine or not. I really do hope, for Kelly and the kids' sake, that he's starting to pull his head out of his ass. I suspect pulling away from Scott Brown did not go over well at all, and must have been very hard on Kelly. I just hope she stops having babies.

I thought of Driscoll as well but let's hope Petey has had enough at this point.

I certainly hope that he has turned a new leaf but do agree that he's been trained to be persuasive in his words. Do think his shock over DPIAT was genuine, being called a destroyer to his face by his mentor and idol must have been a huge shock. All the same, he's probably trying to keep his head down with the lawsuit so I wouldn't expect him to protest a clinic soon.

If Petey does manage to pull together a good life for himself and his family outside of VF, that would be one good thing to come from this DPIAT mess.

From your keyboard to the Almighty's ears. My jaw dropped by the quarter-inch as I read his essay, since it's essentially traditional (dare I say Lutheran) Christianity, and he has things straight - the Gospel is what God does for us, not what we do for God.

Hoping he continues on this path. Hoping six is enough. Otherwise, he needs to change his profile photo to a current one of him and (2014-version) the Mrs. Truth in advertising, Pete ole boy!

It's probably safe to say that Bradrick! wouldn't get drawn in by Driscoll, as (1) his methods of preaching and language are considered rather unsavory by the NCFIC crowd, and (2) Driscoll is busy hatching several scandals of his own (or rather, they are emerging whether he likes it or not) and anyone with an experience similar to Peter's wouldn't want to get burned again.

Is his FB public, or to ask it directly, is it ok to post his new writings here for us non-FB users? If not, I do understand it. I'm just dying to know what my all time "favorite" fundy is up to ;)

Well, who would have thought that Sippy is capable of changing at least a bit... I must say I did not, but like someone here said, I want to give him a chance if he really changed and repented. For his kids sake I hope he did. Think about it: for the past ten years (a decade!) you have been worshipping and following and building your very existence on something, on _someone_, who turns out to be a total fake. That really has to be a soul crushing wake up like Petey himself put it earlier. He was in a cult that oh so suddenly crashed down, almost taking himself with it. I just wonder how he sees his parents after the VF fiasco, because these were the people who raised him to be the brainwashed fanboy he was.

When Petie starts wearing a wee yellow raincoat on his John Henry and gives Kelly a break from filling his quiver with Godly arrows (they are at 6 now, correct?), I'll see real change. If they are still pursuing militant fecundity at the cost of Kelly's (and possibly any new baby's) health, not so much.

I can't find a link to a Peter Bradrick facebook page to see his new post. Anyone?

I can only imagine the upheaval and chaos in Peter's life: cursed by his idol, everything comes crashing down, failing to support his family, moving back home. Can only think that some major soul searching was in order, but I can't imagine that his soul searching was done alone. Wonder who he talked to/confided in?

Also, there is an interesting post in the comments at Jen's Gems. The commenter references a book called Fake Someone Happy by Charlie Newton. Apparently, a character in the book is based on Kelly Bradrick. You can get close to the comment by clicking on the latest post on the right hand side of the JensGems Webpage, and then scroll back to the correct date if you want to see comments before and after.

re: the book referenced below is Fake Someone Happy: The true story of the damaged daughters of American patriarchy and their emotional abuse. check it out on Amazon for the comments, although there are only four so far. It was published in June 2013, but I'd not heard of it until now.

Andrew McDonald Says:

May 5, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Dear friends,

On saturday I finished reading ‘Fake Someone Happy’ by Charlie Newton. I read it in one sitting and so did my wife right after me. It is so sobering. Although the names were changed some folks were identifiable by their roles or actions. One of the main characters illustrated the sad case of Kelly. Brainwashed and in a place where reality recognition is shunned as disobedience or rebellion, living in a dream world where everyone surely must know it is a big show but no one is sure who else knows it; afraid to ask since it might be the end of everything, every relationship they have. Pray for Kelly.

We spent two years at a house church run by Mike and Susan Bradrick (heads of Christian Heritage that replaced WATCH via legal shenanigans), it was like being in the Twilight Zone. When we left others were warned to ‘leave us alone’. We had dared to question authority. I see myself and other sheep when I see Kelly or others in lock step; mindless minions of these ‘great men of god!!’

Scott Brown has already started his own intern program (hand me the barf bag someone!) and I imagine he will recreate everything he can. I hope he will get a live in nanny. I personally believe he is grooming folks to move into the lower pyramid slots with the new and improved NCFIC movement; growing to meet the needs of the community.

Kelly looks happy and relaxed in Peter's profile picture. It's hopefully because she no longer has to go outside to get water to heat up to bathe their children.

I hope this is all sincere, it sounds like it is to me. Good for Peter for realizing her was a douche of the highest order and putting his wife and family first.

Also, there is an interesting post in the comments at Jen's Gems. The commenter references a book called Fake Someone Happy by Charlie Newton. Apparently, a character in the book is based on Kelly Bradrick. You can get close to the comment by clicking on the latest post on the right hand side of the JensGems Webpage, and then scroll back to the correct date if you want to see comments before and after.

re: the book referenced below is Fake Someone Happy: The true story of the damaged daughters of American patriarchy and their emotional abuse. check it out on Amazon for the comments, although there are only four so far. It was published in June 2013, but I'd not heard of it until now.

Andrew McDonald Says:

May 5, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Dear friends,

On saturday I finished reading ‘Fake Someone Happy’ by Charlie Newton. I read it in one sitting and so did my wife right after me. It is so sobering. Although the names were changed some folks were identifiable by their roles or actions. One of the main characters illustrated the sad case of Kelly. Brainwashed and in a place where reality recognition is shunned as disobedience or rebellion, living in a dream world where everyone surely must know it is a big show but no one is sure who else knows it; afraid to ask since it might be the end of everything, every relationship they have. Pray for Kelly.

We spent two years at a house church run by Mike and Susan Bradrick (heads of Christian Heritage that replaced WATCH via legal shenanigans), it was like being in the Twilight Zone. When we left others were warned to ‘leave us alone’. We had dared to question authority. I see myself and other sheep when I see Kelly or others in lock step; mindless minions of these ‘great men of god!!’

Scott Brown has already started his own intern program (hand me the barf bag someone!) and I imagine he will recreate everything he can. I hope he will get a live in nanny. I personally believe he is grooming folks to move into the lower pyramid slots with the new and improved NCFIC movement; growing to meet the needs of the community.

We have had a thread on that book, if you'd like to check out what has been said:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18502

Kelly looks happy and relaxed in Peter's profile picture. It's hopefully because she no longer has to go outside to get water to heat up to bathe their children.

I hope this is all sincere, it sounds like it is to me. Good for Peter for realizing her was a douche of the highest order and putting his wife and family first.

That photo is from a few years ago (I think when she only had 4 kids instead of 6). She looks relaxed or exhausted -- I can't tell the difference.

snip Also, there is an interesting post in the comments at Jen's Gems. The commenter references a book called Fake Someone Happy by Charlie Newton. Apparently, a character in the book is based on Kelly Bradrick.

Please, please someone in the know do a who's who on that book! I tried to figure it out but couldn't do it with certainty. (except for DPIAT of course lol - jumping and clicking heels seems so dorky but totally believable, his poor kids must die a thousand deaths of embarrassment).

Finally found Peter's page through Phillip Bradrick. Anyway, wow, what a change. There does seem to be some serious self awareness there, at least in terms of the gas-baggery related to his previous VF persona. And he does have a legit job as a realtor with Keller Williams. Fingers crossed that he can sell real estate. There are lot of little open mouths in the nest.

For those who have not found your way to his FB page, here ya go:

I just got back on Facebook and have spent the past 24 hours going through all my old FB posts and am nauseated by the amazing hubris, and brash self righteousness that I have churned out for the past many years of my life. The online presence I've maintained cast a very different picture but behind the pretty pictures and rhetoric here stands a man crushed with the weight of sin in my own life and desperately in need of the grace of a loving Savior.

I thank God that Jesus died to save sinners and furthermore spent his life among tax collectors, harlots, the sick and the broken. I’m convinced the example Christ set of walking humbly in self sacrifice is actually a better life model than the hustler-popularity-driven-razzle-dazzle-advertisement-machine life plan. And I’m also discovering the amazing reality that “The Word of God IS living and active and sharper than any two edged sword…†and is SO refreshing when I read it without trying to force my pre-determined conclusions into every verse. In my headlong rush to do the next thing, I never stopped to realize how much of what I was saying and doing and spouting was mantra and rhetoric driven and not the pure holy milk of the Word which heals and restores and saves.

I feel an overwhelming need to focus on the daunting calling of daily seeking God, repenting and pleading with God for the faith to be a faithful husband and father. So until I get that all perfectly figured out I have no plans of trying to make a business out of telling anyone else how to do it. I thank God for real local relationships and real local churches that are trying to really live out the gospel one day at a time.

Sounds like he has landed in a good place for him in terms of work and a sympatico religious community, but would REALLY like to know where he stands vis a vis patriarchy, complementarian relationships, militant fecundity, headship and all the rest. Would be so interesting if at least some of that legalism foundation began to crack.

Good luck to him, and I mean no irony here.

I find making big life changes difficult, even if they're ones I want to make-- a lot of people do-- and growing up in a very rule-oriented setting has got to complicate that process further.

Archived