IGNORED

Would you buy the Wisdom books?

homeschoolmomma1

People on Ebay are selling A LOT of Wisdom books. I think if people planned it right they could get all of them. Honestly I think the prices are right, but what would I do with them? The one I read was just ridiculous. Honestly I would love to contact the sellers and ask if the whole Gothard scandal made people leave ATI and sell the books.

People are buying them... that is the interesting part...

Yes, get them! Then post the worst bits so everyone knows the shit ATI is trying to pass off as education..

Yes, get them! Then post the worst bits so everyone knows the shit ATI is trying to pass off as education..

My family really doesn't have money for that...

They must be selling like hot cakes because I could only see two lots of 6 or 7 Wisdom booklets each. Perhaps I'm not searching right?

No, I'll definitely pass on spending $60 for 7. Is that really a good price? At >$1 per booklet I might consider it. For research purposes only.

I'd be interested in buying a couple of them, just to take a look at the crazy close up. But I wouldn't pay more than a few dollars for each one.

ATI books are really difficult to read (at least, the Character Sketches). Something about the font and how the text is chopped up with bolded/not bolded, some things in All Caps, etc. But it might appeal to people who enjoy the "....For Dummies" books. Sort of the same layout, imo.

(enjoying a wicked laugh about that irony)

I really hope some disgruntled ATIer scans and posts them all some day soon. Someone has put the Children's Institute songs on YouTube.

You can read a sample wisdom booklet online. IBLP publishes it.

ati.iblp.org/ati/about/curriculum/wisdombooklets/documents/wb4sample.pdf?show=true

Would I buy an ATI wisdom book? Yes for dirt cheap. I would probably laugh at first and then get angry because people are avoiding having a life because someone said something was evil. If I were to sell a wisdom books it would point out how stupid things are lol.

I would totally buy them if I had the money. I am really curious about all the lessons they teach, not just the sample (which I've read and is ridiculous all on its own). I really want a full idea of what these children are learning or not learning, and I assume they put the least offensive sample online. Who knows what's in the rest of them? I would prefer if someone who had them already would just scan that shit online, but somehow I doubt that will ever happen... I actually looked the other day on Amazon to see if you could buy them used there, but there wasn't anything. Either way, I'd never be able to spend more than a few bucks apiece on them, lol

I really hope some disgruntled ATIer scans and posts them all some day soon. Someone has put the Children's Institute songs on YouTube.

Is this one of them?

[bBvideo 560,340:23amxt1a]

[/bBvideo]

What in the world did I just listen to?! :pink-shock: :shock:

There's a great one about God getting all pissed off if you don't clean your room....

There's a great one about God getting all pissed off if you don't clean your room....

:laughing-rolling: Who knew! Parental lectures-as-a-song fit so well with clunky piano playing!

[bBvideo 560,340:3hj71yn5]

[/bBvideo]

:laughing-rolling: Who knew! Parental lectures-as-a-song fit so well with clunky piano playing!

And pictures of duckies and squirrels!

I love how it goes from "when my room's a mess and I don't even care" to "when my world feels helpless and beyond repair"...... Cause that's a logical sequence...... If you're a depressive neurotic clean freak......

I found the Bubble Song, but just instrumental. Pretty pictures.....and the tune is eerily similar to the Addams Family theme song. ROFL!!!! :cracking-up:

Archived