IGNORED

The Wilkersons

Triplet3

Is this the same Wilkersons that were on 19 KaC ? Who helped with the remodel of the Bates' house and with building TTH?

Is this the same Wilkersons that were on 19 KaC ? Who helped with the remodel of the Bates' house and with building TTH?

I think that family last name is Wilson.

Kid Collecting for Jesus is not a good thing. That said, there are countless devoted adoptive families out there who are right wing and conservative Christians, but who have EDUCATED themselves on what the needs of such children are and how to get them the very real help they need. The vast majority of kids do not encounter such abuse so it is important not to brand all families as potentially abusive just because they are Christians. But when a family adopts to save souls and not to welcome a new child into a truly forever family there are problems.

I agree. I read a blog of a large family a while ago, I forget their names but they had about 12 kids. Some of them were adopted or fostered. They wrote about their journey regarding discipline, how they did believe in spanking, but they could understand that for a child who had been abused it would be impossible to understand that physical discipline could ever be loving. They understood that for a child like that, actions speak louder than words, and that no matter how much they explained, the child would always associate even a gentle swat on the backside with the beatings he/she had endured. So they agreed that they would not use any kind of physical chastisement whatsoever. Which I thought was amazing, given how firmly some of these families hold on to their beliefs regardless of what the evidence from their children demonstrates.

Its true!!! The child will have the sins of the parents. Makes me laugh though.... a group that wants to make birth control and abortion illegal don't believe in adoption!!!! :roll:

Poor Rachel and her brothers!!!

This just says to me even more clearly that Gothard doesn't at all know the God he is preaching about. Because the God of the Bible loves to help the vulnerable, and puts the fatherless in families (Psalm 68). So if that's what he teaches then he is a complete hypocrite. The end.

• 2 years later...

This thread is in the archives, so I don't know if anyone will see this here. But I stumbled upon an update on the Wilkersons. The father, Tom, is in prison serving a 20-plus year sentence for child abuse. His grown biological daughter has set up a Free Tom Wilkerson page on Facebook. A group called Wrongly Convicted has also taken up his cause.

https://www.facebook.com/FreeTomWilkerson/

https://wronglyconvictedgroup.wordpress.com/2017/03/26/tom-wilkerson/

I was unable to find any news articles about Tom's conviction, although there are some about his wife that date back a few years.

Archived