IGNORED

So what was up with Jana??

BriarRose1122

That's a gorgeous shot :) Jana is lucky, because she has features that don't stand out like Jessa or Jinger. She'll be able to blend into a crowd and escape notice, and just be a regular beautiful girl. People might say, oh you look like... but it won't be a weird-stalker-fan problem.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just saw this pictures of Jana and Jennifer Hartono at Mt Vernon. Jana looks absolutely beautiful. Her hair looks amazing.

tumblr_n8upgp2HiV1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

*Do I need to break the link to the picture?

I've noticed she's been in DC quite a bit. Is she now an aunt mommy for her niece and nephews? I don't see her parents being ok with her having a break or vacation.

I have so much anger about the whole sister mommy thing. If you believe that children are really gifts from God, why are you passing off these "gifts" to other people to ultimately raise. I don't think God would be cool with you re-gifting. :naughty:

Jana is the prettiest and sweetest Duggar IMO. She has been in DC for at least two weeks. I really hope she is hanging out with Skylar Weiss :romance-romance:

I wonder if Jessa ever gave Jana the jewelry box back? Or did anything to make it up to her?

I don't think it matters in the end. She trusted her parents when she went to them and they abused it. Their reaction must have been such a huge trauma for her, a feeling of "I'm not safe, I can't trust them, I'm powerless and on my own." That made me sad again for her, she was so small, she shouldn't have had to worry about anything.

She really does look gorgeous in that picture. On another note, somebody should start an indie rock band called The Poor Jana's :character-beavisbutthead:

A few years ago Jana was being interviewed on some fundie radio show, and she talked about how she had been unhappy and unsatisfied with her life, how she wasn't getting along with a family member (speculation at TwoP was that it was Ana), and it was because she was prideful and she needed to work on that. That, coupled with how she cried over an incident that occurred when she was 7, makes me think that Jana is the most...not rebellious, exactly, but the indoctrination didn't quite stick with her. I mean, I think she truly believes everything she's taught, but she's not happy about it and she's let it show much too often for Michelle and Jim Bob's comfort, at least in the past.

That's why I'm not at all eager for her to get married. No normal, non-fundie man is going to want to marry a Duggar, and Jana is too much of a believer for her to marry anyone who doesn't strictly follow ATI rules. I think she HAS to leave that life completely for her to be happy.

Jana is lucky, because she has features that don't stand out like Jessa or Jinger. She'll be able to blend into a crowd and escape notice, and just be a regular beautiful girl. People might say, oh you look like... but it won't be a weird-stalker-fan problem.

Definitely.

I don't know about her being the sweetest and kindest. When the Howlers were misbehaving, Joy Anna threatened to call Jana on them, and they instantly calmed down. She seems to be the big punisher of the group.

Having to be the enforcer doesn't make her any less sweet.

True, and they may correct their actions based on respect for her. I know I'd be less likely to purposefully rebel if I felt valued by and actually really respected the person given authority over me.

I don't think it matters in the end. She trusted her parents when she went to them and they abused it. Their reaction must have been such a huge trauma for her, a feeling of "I'm not safe, I can't trust them, I'm powerless and on my own." That made me sad again for her, she was so small, she shouldn't have had to worry about anything.

This is so sad. This poor girl needs someone to talk to

I don't know about her being the sweetest and kindest. When the Howlers were misbehaving, Joy Anna threatened to call Jana on them, and they instantly calmed down. She seems to be the big punisher of the group.

Agreed. At least mostly. Jana genuinely seems to be sweet and kind, while also the most mature and responsible. It's also possible that Jana commands respect through her fair judgement and (on camera anyway) soft-spoken but firm authority.

When my aunt and uncles five children were younger they liked having me over to babysit (my aunt joked it would teach me the importance of birth control). I loved it, always loved it, but it took me a while to get a hang of the authority thing. They were good kids, still are. The oldest just graduated, and the youngest is around 6 or 7.

It's not always easy to be a friend (what a buddy should be!) and an authority figure, but it has its perks and pitfalls. I've always enjoyed children. From what I infer, Michael Bates most certainly does too, as well as Jill. Jill definitely seems to be the motherly sister, at least on camera. Jana, however, just doesn't seem to share the same enthusiasm. She does her duty, at least, yet she loves them either way.

I agree. I think Jana is deliberately holding off on getting married so that she doesn't end up like her mother. But, I fear JB will soon find a husband for her ansd a wife for JD. It would not look good for him as a member of fundie royalty to have 30+ year old unmarried children.

I never did JTTH (maybe I am too old?) but I did go to COMMIT (the last of my parents attempting to "ATI" us) and that was pretty bad. I can't imagine how bad Jana has it having to continually go back.

I agree. I think Jana is deliberately holding off on getting married so that she doesn't end up like her mother. But, I fear JB will soon find a husband for her ansd a wife for JD. It would not look good for him as a member of fundie royalty to have 30+ year old unmarried children.

But aren't a lot of girls from prominent fundie families unmarried? I recall a Maxwell daughter who is 31, the Botkin sisters, and so on.

I always wonder whats up with them, if they don't want to become a helpmeet, or if Daddy keeps scaring every man away.

I think it would be great if Jana could stay single and then slowly fade into the background and get a new life.

I mean, even the smaller Duggars are getting older, and she won't be needed as much around the house anymore in a few years.

But aren't a lot of girls from prominent fundie families unmarried? I recall a Maxwell daughter who is 31, the Botkin sisters, and so on.

I always wonder whats up with them, if they don't want to become a helpmeet, or if Daddy keeps scaring every man away.

I think it would be great if Jana could stay single and then slowly fade into the background and get a new life.

I mean, even the smaller Duggars are getting older, and she won't be needed as much around the house anymore in a few years.

Unfotunately, I think she WILL be needed. Jill's gone and Jessa soon will be. My impression is that Jill did a LOT of work with the younger children. Jessa has often been praised for her organizational skills (packing for trips, looking after the closets) and I think did a fair bit of teaching too.

Although there are no more babies, there is that solid lump of six boys to get through their teenage years. They will make a lot of mess and need a lot of food.

The little girls will be helping a bit, but they haven't been brought up to servitude as the eldest were. Jinger and Joy strike me as much less committed to slavery than the eldest three girls.

So no, I don't see any let-up in pressure for Jana in the next decade :(

Nope. When the Show followed Jana to the Northwoods during one of her stints as a team leader, she had to share a queen bed with her co-leader. She showed the room and explained the arrangement herself.

Sharing a bed with an unrelated girl her age?! I'm speechless :dance:

Just saw this pictures of Jana and Jennifer Hartono at Mt Vernon. Jana looks absolutely beautiful. Her hair looks amazing.

tumblr_n8upgp2HiV1r9t2zdo1_1280.jpg

*Do I need to break the link to the picture?

This is the first picture I remember seeing of Jana where she doesn't look like a teenager!

She looks so much like both Jessa and JoyAnna, like a perfect cross between the two.

Jana May be like me. If I don't know you, I'm incredibly shy, quiet, and reserved. If I do know you, and have known you for a long time, you'll have a hard time getting me to shut up.

It might be she dislikes being filmed, or it might be she's only comfortable with people she knows and trusts.

Trynn -- I agree with what you said - I am also this way and often come across as aloof to those I don't know well. I think for some who manage their shyness better, it comes across as sweet and endearing.

As for the JTTH sleeping arrangements.... If I was a gay teen sent to one of these events, it would be a very, very difficult period of time, I'm sure. (or really, really fun.....)

As I recall, it was Jana who (at the Creation Museum) said something like "Evolution seems to make sense...but it disagrees with God's word, so it isn't right." Oh, Jana - so near and yet so far.

Makes me wonder what she would be like if she were actually allowed to think for herself.

edit: found it:

about 3:30 the kids give their opinions about creation. Jana's is around 4:10.

As I recall, it was Jana who (at the Creation Museum) said something like "Evolution seems to make sense...but it disagrees with God's word, so it isn't right." Oh, Jana - so near and yet so far.

Makes me wonder what she would be like if she were actually allowed to think for herself.

edit: found it:

about 3:30 the kids give their opinions about creation. Jana's is around 4:10.

And in the video Jim Bob actually says "we tell the children that evolution is something a lot of people are teaching but it is totally unscientific." :angry-banghead:

And in the video Jim Bob actually says "we tell the children that evolution is something a lot of people are teaching but it is totally unscientific." :angry-banghead:

Given their view of most science, wouldn't 'unscientific' be a good thing? :roll:

That also reminds me of Jim Bob's explanation of why carbon dating uses 'circular reasoning' and is therefore false. They make a habit of not actually understanding scientific principles/practices and then telling the world why it's wrong, using Blatant Lies as their defense. (In that case, Jim Bob said that archaeologists look at things sitting around their fossils and say 'the rocks are this old, so the bones must be this old' and then 'the bones are this old, so those rocks must be this old'. Seriously.)

I went to school in Arkansas for seventh and eighth grade, and about half of the PUBLIC SCHOOL kids there didn't believed in evolution. It might be lower now that they are young adults, I'm not sure since I didn't keep in touch with them. Also, these weren't necessarily the stupid kids, just the more religious ones.

Based on that, and the fact that he married a Duggar, and evolution might have been on Jill's four page pre-courting questioneer, I'd be surprised if derrick believes in evolution, college degree notwithstanding.

Archived