IGNORED

Virtuous Daughters

GeoBQn

From my POV, if you aren't Jewish and if it's July, it's not a sukkah - you are just sitting in a leaky backyard hut.

:lol:

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If she is 30 then maybe it was written 14 or so years ago. I still used vhs until 2001ish.

That just seems extra sad to me, that this woman is sitting there with this dusty questionnaire, waiting so long for a suitable man to find her that the terminology is obsolete.

Add in that she wanted 25 children ( I wanted 32 children- but I was 6), and now she's in her 30 s....it reminds me of Delta Dawn.

The idea, in theory, is that if you start with feelings first, you can easily fall for Mr. Wrong - someone who doesn't share your basic values or goals. Then, once you already have strong feelings for that person, your judgment isn't the best and you may be willing to overlook really important problems just because you are in love and desperate for things to work out.

Well, looking at it that way, and from personal experience, I think it makes a ton of sense to do all this sensible screening first.

I doubt if she does much general reading or paid a whole lot of attention in school (or was she homeschooled). Her appropriation of Jewish culture is so misguided and inappropriate that it cracks me up. Those blue ribbons... she might as well wear a war bonnet out of construction paper and call it an homage to the Cheyenne.

so sad but true comparison. :lol: (i'm part American Indian on both sides so i guess it's okay if i found that funny?)

And by this logic, they'd be celebrating Passover in January. Even if it snowed in Chicago this year on the first night, Passover is NOT a winter holiday!

I believe the weird Gingerbread House/ Plantation for Passover post was actually dated in January. So there you go.

She wrote an extremely long, winding post to answer my question on why her family uses the Gregorian calendar. Short answer: Because Jews are wrong.

virtuousdaughters.com/2014/07/27/why-the-gregorian-calendar/

Note: I did not use my real name to post the comment.

She wrote an extremely long, winding post to answer my question on why her family uses the Gregorian calendar. Short answer: Because Jews are wrong.

virtuousdaughters.com/2014/07/27/why-the-gregorian-calendar/

Note: I did not use my real name to post the comment.

Wow. :o

That is some Cloudcuckoolander reasoning there. You can tell she's very proud of her math (if you can call it that) and scripture interpretation. Crazypants.

That is some Cloudcuckoolander reasoning there. You can tell she's very proud of her math (if you can call it that) and scripture interpretation. Crazypants.

She merely wrote an extensive explanation of how the Gregorian calender works (I think?) but she never explained why Christians should adhere to these feasts and whatnot.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, there's some pretty bonkers stuff on here regarding all the fundie/fake Jew bullshit they want to know but seriously, this one:

124.What temperature would you like your house to be during the day? How about while sleeping? How flexible are you regarding the temperature of your house? Do you need AC, or do you prefer fans or open windows? Do you need “white noise†to sleep? Do you prefer a “noisy†home or a quiet home?

Seriously, one of the important things to know about a possible suitor is what temperature they like their house to be? Yes, it's one of those things couples will have dumb little fights over--but as part of a screening questionnaire? (Also, if prospective spouse enjoys a quiet home, he needs to either learn to deal with noise or for the love of God, don't get married, because if you've got ten kids born one right after the other, it's either not going to be quiet, or the kids will have to be so beaten down through "child training" you shouldn't have them.)

I guess she has to be proud of her scriptural interpretation. It's not like she can go to college and be proud of the skills and knowledge she learns there. It's forever interesting to me that no matter how smart some fundies may be, they ultimately cannot learn any more than a single book's worth of knowledge. Such a waste of so many minds.

Okay, there's some pretty bonkers stuff on here regarding all the fundie/fake Jew bullshit they want to know but seriously, this one:

Seriously, one of the important things to know about a possible suitor is what temperature they like their house to be? Yes, it's one of those things couples will have dumb little fights over--but as part of a screening questionnaire? (Also, if prospective spouse enjoys a quiet home, he needs to either learn to deal with noise or for the love of God, don't get married, because if you've got ten kids born one right after the other, it's either not going to be quiet, or the kids will have to be so beaten down through "child training" you shouldn't have them.)

Well --I-- would consider I part of the screening, as I like the temperature in my house to be absolute brr. And anyone who doesn't like it first have to live there.

But then, I have as much a desire for a romantic relationship as I do of a hole In the head.

This is not the same thing but temperature can be a point of contention.

I had a roommate, who is a very close friend now, who really didn't like air conditioning. So she didn't like the air conditioning to be on unless it was at least 85F in the apartment. I do not feel this way. We lived together for a year and for nine months of that year it was fine but June and August were rough. She was gone for three weeks in July so that was fine.

No that's not why we stopped living together. I moved away.

She's completely cray cray. What guy tries looking up some girl's sleeves anyways and I'm sorry if an elbow or an armpit turns him on he's either a hopelessly repressed fundie, or he has one damn weird fetish. Also, who obsesses over being immodest if the wind catches the bottom of your long skirt, and shows heaven forbid some ankle?

I guess she has to be proud of her scriptural interpretation. It's not like she can go to college and be proud of the skills and knowledge she learns there. It's forever interesting to me that no matter how smart some fundies may be, they ultimately cannot learn any more than a single book's worth of knowledge. Such a waste of so many minds.

Blimey. Samantha must have spent hours working on that rambling justification. The reasoning makes no sense. Some of the links she used to support her assumptions made no sense to me either.

I know she is referring to Strong's Exhaustive Concordance but I've never understood why that is supposed to be such a reliable source by some sects. Isn't it supposed to have quite a few errors?

Serious question: What sects/denominations use Strong?

I don't know if it's a denomination thing.. I just used strong because I thouh it was good and reliable. I've never heard of it havin errors.

Can someone please do a modest feminine Monday post and send it to her. I don't have anything appropriate. I seriously want to go to goodwill and get some ugly flowy shit take a picture while demurely covering the lower half on my face, and write some long winded leghumpy post and see if she posts it.

Perhaps a contest to see if any of us get picked?

Blimey. Samantha must have spent hours working on that rambling justification. The reasoning makes no sense. Some of the links she used to support her assumptions made no sense to me either.

I know she is referring to Strong's Exhaustive Concordance but I've never understood why that is supposed to be such a reliable source by some sects. Isn't it supposed to have quite a few errors?

Serious question: What sects/denominations use Strong?

Strong's is used very widely across denominations, including Mainlines.

I can't stand the way these people, SAHDs and some Christian bloggers (the women in particular) end SO many sentences with an exclamation mark, or more than one.

Like this:

Another unexpected trip, and what a blessing it was!!! Last Friday night I found out that I was given the honor and privilege to serve at the family retreat at Joni and Friends! I’ve done the June adult retreat a couple of times, and SO love it…but have always wanted to do the family one in August…and Yahweh blessed me with that ability this past week, so unexpectedly! I was SO blessed!!! So that is why you haven’t heard from me this past week…I left early Sunday morning and just didn’t have the chance to get on here and tell you! Hope you didn’t mind too much!

Holy exclamation points Batman! I am guessing she's trying to convince her readers (and probably herself) of the Exciting! Life! She! Leads! But oh my, is it annoying. :doh:

As is the overuse of the words blessed and blessing. For FSM's sake, get a damn thesaurus girl!

I noticed the blog by Katie whats-her-name with the baby on the way and the brain injured husband was the same when I read a few old posts, but in her case I think she was trying so hard in the face of Ben's injuries to stay positive that it was pretty understandable. Samantha though? No idea.

Words aren't really her thing, are they. I was particuarly arrested by:

Also, remember, they now cultivate and arrogate their fields, so they can now grow things for much longer periods than they once could."

I'm 100% sure she didn't actually mean 'arrogate', since it means to unjustly take something, so what did she mean?

I was also taken by her modesty challenge part 3, where she wanted girls to look up the meaning of such basic words as 'bold', 'excessive' and 'decent'. Sorry, but I have a vocabulary and don't need to look those words up in a dictionary to give a definition and neither should you. Poor girl.

I haven't seen this Lila Rose thing before. I took a quick look at the site and it doesn't appear particularly fundie but I didn't delve very deep.

Archived