IGNORED

Kristina of Keepsakes pregnant and due #4 in March

longskirtlotsakids

Where is this post?

No kidding! I don't remember anyone posting anything like this. I certainly hope it isn't true (at least the part about the brother). What a horrible thing to do to a woman. I do hope the part about Kristina and her family wearing pants now is true though as her religious beliefs seemed to be more ruled based than grace based and it's damn near impossible to be happy when you're constantly trying not to break this rule or that rule. It would be a stressful way to live.

I still call her out on having more kids than she and her husband can afford to raise. It's extremely selfish to do something simply because you want to when you know it will be others who will have to foot the bill for your desired lifestyle.

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

According to K's testimony, this is not the first time her dad has left the family, but last time he came back because Jesus. Is it K's brother or BIL? For some reason, I thought she only had a sister.

Kristina has an older brother, Ronnie, who is a police officer and is/was married to a woman named Jessica. According to the other poster, Ronnie and Jessica are now split up. Kristina also has a younger sister, Michelle, who left fundamentalism and moved away from her family for a while, and became engaged to and pregnant by a man in the US military. That relationship did not last and Michelle has since returned and married a different man.

Dose anyone when this all happened w/ Kristina's brother? I remember reading on her mother's old blog that he went away from the family & was part of a rock band. (Which they didn't approve of).

There is a Facebook post on Kristina's page about a friend with a baby who died in NICU with NEC, which my preemie had and recovered from 100%. Scary part is that this baby is in the same hospital in which my daughter had surgery for NEC. And I would bet this baby had the same surgeon. The baby's funeral is in a funeral home about 4 miles from my house and the mother lives about 10 miles from me. The baby's death fits with what the poster in the previous thread was saying.

Where dies Kristina live?

If what she wrote is true, and judging from Kristina's response I'm guessing it is pretty close to the truth, that family is one hot mess. Not even Jesus and the KJV Bible could save them.

So her brother left his pregnant wife and three children to move in with a woman who was pregnant with a child who wasn't his because they didn't get to see his family enough? Maybe there is a reason his wife wasn't a fan of her children being around Kristina's family a great deal. I feel really sorry for the wife. She is probably poorly educated and told her whole life that if she followed Jesus and courtship she would live happily ever after. Instead she ended up in her 20's(?) with four kids, most likely no education or work history and a husband who dumped her for a more worldly woman.

And Kristina's father ran off again so her mother had to go get a job while she waited on him to come back and now they are living in a hotel. I hope this is making them rethink the idea that women don't need a college education because they will never have to go out and get a job. I wonder what her uncle is thinking of all this?

kristinaskeeps.blogspot.com/search/label/What%20about%20College%3F

The uncle who asked her about college and walked off before she could inform him that:

I am not going out and getting a job, so I really don't have to depend upon having a college education

and,

My education will not bring me a Godly husband

The Bible didn't exactly bring her SIL a godly husband and a happy marriage did it? I bet an education would come in handy when you are single with four small children. I wonder how much child support she will get.

I'm coming out of lurkdom to say I hope she continues posting, or posts more than she has been posting. Kristina was one of my gateway fundies, and while her story seems less than happy, I hope she and her husband find their way. I'm also a fan of Autumn, who is on her way to a bone fide college degree, has friends of various faiths/cultures, and just got a tattoo! I love seeing some of these bloggers learn and grow, even if it's sometimes painful to watch.

IIRC, the SIL worked for a fundy daycare or as a babysitter, something with children. So she has that going for her but I don't see how she can do that with 3+ kids. She struck me as being very, very naive. She had several miscarraiges. I think someone left a comment on her blog when she was early in one of her pregnancies, and she got very upset and miscarried soon after. She wrote a few posts, blaming her commenters for what happened, and went private shortly after that. She seemed very fragile, physically and emotionally. I also got the impression that her family wasn't well off, so I don't know what kind of support they can give her. It's just sad. And I understand the urge to defend one's family but can you imagine the tsk-tsk-ing if it happened to a non-fundie and all of the blog posts condemning them that would result? But then everyone else is a hater and it's not of their business when it happens to a fundy family.

I really wonder what the family thinks of the brother. Leaving a pregnant wife with three small kids to shack up with someone else? That's lower than a snake's belly. Disgusting.

If what she wrote is true, and judging from Kristina's response I'm guessing it is pretty close to the truth, that family is one hot mess. Not even Jesus and the KJV Bible could save them.

So her brother left his pregnant wife and three children to move in with a woman who was pregnant with a child who wasn't his because they didn't get to see his family enough? Maybe there is a reason his wife wasn't a fan of her children being around Kristina's family a great deal. I feel really sorry for the wife. She is probably poorly educated and told her whole life that if she followed Jesus and courtship she would live happily ever after. Instead she ended up in her 20's(?) with four kids, most likely no education or work history and a husband who dumped her for a more worldly woman.

And Kristina's father ran off again so her mother had to go get a job while she waited on him to come back and now they are living in a hotel. I hope this is making them rethink the idea that women don't need a college education because they will never have to go out and get a job. I wonder what her uncle is thinking of all this?

kristinaskeeps.blogspot.com/search/label/What%20about%20College%3F

The uncle who asked her about college and walked off before she could inform him that:

I am not going out and getting a job, so I really don't have to depend upon having a college education

and,

My education will not bring me a Godly husband

The Bible didn't exactly bring her SIL a godly husband and a happy marriage did it? I bet an education would come in handy when you are single with four small children. I wonder how much child support she will get.

IMO, Kristina's family has always been a hot mess with Sis. Julie frantically spackling over the gaping holes in the family story. Dad always sounded to be an asshole of the highest order while Sis. Julie held forth on the blogs with her model Christian pastor's wife and mother rubbish.

I feel very sorry for Jessica who had, IIRC, 4 miscarriages as well as 4 children with Ronnie. She may indeed have tried to distance herself from Ronnie's family. I hope her parents are stepping in to help because her in-laws don't sound in a position to do so. Nor should Kristina count on her mother's help when she pops out the fifth baby she and Godly Josh can't afford and want to beat train up.

Contrary to what Kristina may think, I don't feel pleasure in watching these families fall apart. I'm not surprised by Dad losing the Faith and leaving SIs. Julie for the second time. Back when I read Julie's Jewels it was almost like waiting for the second shoe to drop. Not if he would walk out again, but when would he do it. I'm glad she has a job, but ponder why on god's green earth she would take him back. Again.

As for Kristina, she may be brainwashed and uneducated but she is still as stubborn as the average mule and still self-righteous to a fault.

Wow. I didn't know all that about the parents and Ronnie & Jessica. I saw some things on Jessica's Facebook that made me scratch my head, but figured I was just imagining (wishing?) things. (Wishing=standard thought process for courting fundies; hoping they'll see the light; not wishing a woman to be abandoned with 4 kids).

Julie & her husband have always been off. They've forced themselves to believe their chosen religion. Enough has come out over the years in bits and pieces to show the cracks - gaping holes - in their chosen lifestyle and belief system. Too bad Kristina swallowed it hook, line and sinker even with those gaps. The other two apparently played along as needed but eventually realized life is better without it. Or, something.

Her brother is an a-1 jerk-off if he has left his wife. Regardless of any claimed reasons. She is uneducated and incapable of supporting four children. Her family is trapped in its own version of fundie land so I doubt she gets any true support from them; pity maybe; fundie clap trap probably, but no true support. As in "we'll watch the kids while you go to school to gain a skill that can support you, and them, in the future". Jessica needs a hair cut - hell, a full make-over, an education, a good lawyer, and strong people to back her up as she makes a life for herself and her kids and takes Ronnie to the fucking cleaners.

Unfortunately, I know none of that will happen. She's probably sitting around, wringing her hands, praying to her god to bring her headship back to the family as is right and all the other crap that's been crammed into her brain.

These people continue to fascinate me, and scare me more each time something new happens/makes it way to the public.

Even though leaving a pregnant wife and small children to move in with another woman is an asshole thing to do, I do feel sorry for Ronnie too because the fundie, courtship model failed him too. Being in your 20's, with a wife who because of your religious beliefs can't work, and having child after child because birth control is a sin, is a lot of stress to put on a person. Add in that they probably didn't know each other that well before they got married and might have discovered that they weren't compatible after marriage, well it was just a recipe for a horrible marriage.

Even though leaving a pregnant wife and small children to move in with another woman is an asshole thing to do, I do feel sorry for Ronnie too because the fundie, courtship model failed him too. Being in your 20's, with a wife who because of your religious beliefs can't work, and having child after child because birth control is a sin, is a lot of stress to put on a person. Add in that they probably didn't know each other that well before they got married and might have discovered that they weren't compatible after marriage, well it was just a recipe for a horrible marriage.

While I agree that he was failed too, I am also pretty sure that he will recover and get on with life much easier. She will forever be shamed for being divorced; blames for driving her husband to another woman; deserving of her fate. He, on the other hand, will be the victim because he has a penis. He will be allowed to move on with life and be praised for being able to remain faithful to his god or church or whatever even as his selfish wife forced him to leave her.

While they were both ignorant children who married and made babies, they are in a culture that will open all doors for him to move on and not even crack a window for her.

Oh, I agree, the fundamental Christian culture they are in will forgive him and shame her. Her life is going to be much, much harder than his. And Kristina and her family will most likely not learn anything from this but will instead try to find ways to justify him acting this way. Judging from their "friend" who posted here it already looks like they are putting all the blame on her. I do feel sorry for him because the lifestyle created this situation but I don't that this justifies his behavior. When he realized that this wasn't going to work out he should have put on his big boy undies and handled it better. It sounds like he cheated on her with this other woman and then left her and the children.

I never read his wife's blog but I do wonder what is going to happen to her. I hope she is able to find happiness one day. I wish her the best.

Yeah, I just trolled Facebook a bit from my phone. Kristina's family has fully embraced the girlfriend. They're Facebook friends and commenting on 'family' pics (of Ronnie with the girlfriend's kids, not his own) - the whole bit.

Wow. Just, wow.

Funny how the whole fundie way of life crumbles and everyone pretends it never existed or happened. Evil, sinning kids touch and kiss and *gasp* even have sex while they date and that makes god sad. But, when a faithful follower decides to make a new family and walk out on his god ordained one, it's all good and god has his reasons or whatever.

It's all very sad but made that much worse by ignorance and stupidity.

Yeah, I just trolled Facebook a bit from my phone. Kristina's family has fully embraced the girlfriend. They're Facebook friends and commenting on 'family' pics (of Ronnie with the girlfriend's kids, not his own) - the whole bit.

I just did the same thing. Perhaps I've overlooked it, but I can't even find the (STB?) ex-SIL on anyone's friend's list.

For all of their having the only true Christian model for courtship and marriage, there's an awful lot of upfuckery in that family.

I am very curious about K's #Defendingmyfamily. Does this mean she is going to re-visit FJ and tell us all that this "mole" is telling lies? Or is she going to defend the fact that her brother left his wife and 4 babies, her dad is clearly a deadbeat and her parents live in a motel?

And while I am in no way defending her brother for his actions, I cannot help but feel sorry for him also. He was raised in an IFB environment and was told that courtship with no touching or getting near each other was the only way to get a happy marriage. So they marry very young, begin popping out babies, and find that life groveling to Jesus is not all it is cracked up to be. So what does he do? Takes off. And who is he emulating? Why, the godly man who raised him. Again, not defending his deadbeat ass. But his dad leaves whenever the going gets tough. Who's to say he can't.

I would love for Kristina to visit here and tell us what's up.

So, just for clarity sake, here's the status of the Brown family and their perfect Christian world.

Mom & Dad: Separated, homeless, back together and found god.Brainwash kids and fail to educate them. Convince them to marry someone they've never touched or been alone with and make babies ASAP. Women don't work, oh, except when their husband leaves them again and *surprise*, god doesn't pay the bills. One kid lets mom live in the garage while dad finds his way. Mom and dad move to a hotel.

Ronnie: Married his homeschooled high school girlfriend (do they use that word when courting?) and started making babies. Six years and four daughters later, he is living with another woman who has three kids of her own. Blame is placed on the mother of his four children for not letting them see his family or whatever. As she births his fourth daughter he gives all his energy (as does his family of origin) to the birth and death of his girlfriend's (but not his) son.

Michelle: Rebelled and left the family. Moved away, met a military man, had a baby out of wedlock, he left, she moved back with the family. They graciously found her a man who would 'keep her in church' and marry her. Begin popping out more babies. But...I will say this...she wears normal clothes, they seem to live a relatively normal, good life, and don't seem to fall into the male headship, fundie bullshit. He cooked and cleaned for her when she was pregnant; they have friends outside of each other. They actually seem kind of normal and not fundie. At least as far as the public parts of their Facebook pages indicate.

Kristina: Married to a bigoted asshole who courted her for six months before marrying him. Popped out one kid almost immediately, then twins right on schedule, than another. Now, five years later, is on pregnancy #4 with kid #5. Husband doesn't make enough to support the family; he insures himself but not his wife and kids; he hits his kids often enough that his two year old freaks out when the one year olds climb the fireplace because they're gonna' get hit; they make their lives public then whine that people talk about them and/or disagree with them. There is little intelligence there and even less education, but they're going to homeskool their proudly created offspring...er..their many blessings from their god. No longer mention the magical yam birth control ordained by god.

Fundie success or fundie fail? You be the judge.

Oh my. I saw Kristina linking to the fundraiser for the baby that had died, but I didn't realize that it was for her brother's girlfriend's child. How awful. :( No one should have to experience such a tragedy. For whatever it's worth, I am genuinely saddened and they will all be in my prayers.

I am sad at the loss of the baby boy. But, outside the context of the Brown family, I'd have no knowledge of him or the situation. I don't say that to be heartless, just that it happens and I don't know of every time and I can't feel sad daily for every child that is born prematurely and dies.

And, let's face it, Ronnie was there but not with his wife when his own daughter was born. No one in the whole family made any mention of his fourth daughter. Yes, I feel bad that a baby died. But, that's an additional circumstance in what is already a pathetic and ugly situation.

I just did the same thing. Perhaps I've overlooked it, but I can't even find the (STB?) ex-SIL on anyone's friend's list.

For all of their having the only true Christian model for courtship and marriage, there's an awful lot of upfuckery in that family.

This might be reaching, but do you suppose that there is some doubt as to the paternity of the fourth child? Or possibly Jessica's faithfulness? That might explain their coldness towards her and their acceptance of Ronnie leaving. I realize it is probably far-fetched. More than likely Ronnie is just an asshole like his dad, and the family supports assholery.

So, let me get this straight. In the "the husband is always right and the wife should be submissive" lifestyle, Ronnie ends up divorcing his wife because she keeps him from seeing his family? Why didn't he just lay down the law and tell her they were going to spend equal amounts of time with both sides of the family? Or at the very least tell her that he's going to take the kids to visit with their grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins and she was free to come or stay home. It seems like such a stupid reason to break up a marriage. There had to be more going on. I really don't give a rat's ass what that might have been, I just think that whatever it was, it does not justify leaving your uneducated wife and 4 children with no source of income or place to live so you can shack up with someone else. That's an assholish thing to do.

And I agree with whomever stated that he probably learned this behavior from his old man. It's a sign of weak character if your answer to life's problems is to run away.

I'm not sure what anyone else thinks, but from this family's example, I certainly don't see any benefit to the courtship model of finding a spouse. I dated several guys, had sex before marriage, and married a divorced man. So far, my marriage seems infinitely happier and less dysfunctional than any of their marriages. My husband has never cheated on me. I am secure in the knowledge that he will never leave me, but in the event he should pass away, I'm educated in a highly paid field and am perfectly capable of supporting myself and my sons without any worry. I can afford the children I have without having to rely on the government because I used birth control to plan my family according to my financial and emotional ability to raise them. We're happy, well adjusted, and love each other. If I were an outsider looking at this situation, it would seem to me that dating works much, much better than courting.

Her post from July 14: "Despite the negativity that has come our way because of having another baby, we are still thrilled! It amazes me how people can quickly judge you for having more than 2 kids, just because its simply not "normal" in todays society."

Wake up, girl. It's not because you have more than 2 kids. It's that you chose to keep having kids while on welfare, while dealing with very rough pregnancies, all while damning others for being on welfare. Otherwise no one would give a rat's patooty.

Also, where can I find Jessica's Pinterest? Do you guys know ow many Jessica Browns there are?!

This might be reaching, but do you suppose that there is some doubt as to the paternity of the fourth child? Or possibly Jessica's faithfulness? That might explain their coldness towards her and their acceptance of Ronnie leaving. I realize it is probably far-fetched. More than likely Ronnie is just an asshole like his dad, and the family supports assholery.

The person who came and spilled all the info said that Jessica's pinterest was full of things about real men not cheating, so I'm guessing he cheated on her with his current girlfriend.

I realize that they probably don't want to air all the family drama out for the internet to see, but it would be nice if it is true Kristina wears pants, that she explained how she came to the conclusion that this was okay. She was rabidly against women wearing pants and it would be very interesting to understand how she came to change her mind.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic

Archived