IGNORED

Kristina of Keepsakes pregnant and due #4 in March

longskirtlotsakids

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes she is. She barely knew her husband 6 months before they married.

Thanks Jana! Wow I fell down a rabbit hole reading through her blog. Holy Moly! :shock:

But Jesus will save them! Jesus will provide everything!

Yes, they're Christians. And their Jesus does tell them to live exactly how they want to. It's so interesting that Jesus and God agrees with them 100% of the time!

I agree that if they can't afford more kids, they shouldn't have any more. But these people also believe that the magical sky god will provide everything for them so they just keep on popping out kids. They see the government assistance as a gift from God, not the tax payers. I do not begrudge the kids Medicaid, SNAP and WIC. I do think the parents need some therapy, though.

It's depressing to witness her decline. She's gone from a cute but plain young woman to someone worn thin and pinched looking. And her husband looks more and more depressed with each year. He used to smile a lot, now he just looks trapped. There is a way to prevent her further decline, though. It's called a Vascetomy.

Oh, I don't begrudge the children government aid. It's probably the only way they ever see a doctor or eat healthy meals. It's not their fault their parents aren't all that bright. They deserve to be healthy and happy. Kristina and Josh irk me though. They are taking advantage of taxpayers for selfish reasons and that's not right. Furthermore, they have the gall to complain about others on government assistance. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. But, I guess every one else isn't a super special snowflake like Kristina. The scariest thing about them is that they plan on homeschooling their kids. Good grief!

Thanks Jana! Wow I fell down a rabbit hole reading through her blog. Holy Moly! :shock:

I got sucked into the vortex of her new blog, too and her Facebook. Interesting how she complains about people criticizing her - even today she posted how "negativity that has come our way" about having another...yet at the end of March on her blog she posted several times that NO, she was NOT pregnant. They look like a very overwhelmed couple, and although she puts a brave face on it, I bet they are in WAY over their head. I can't even imagine having that many young kids...

And yeah about the homeschooling - it's like the blind leading the blind.

Her fb posts says it all:

"We are proud to announce..."

If children were actually considered blessings (a favor bestowed by God), you'd think that the announcement would say "We are humbled" or "We are surprised" or "We are thankful". But no, it's "We are proud". I think this statement is not just a poor choice of words. It defines how they view children.

I agree completely. Their pride is due to their feeling of accomplishment. Making babies for Jesus. If it were truly up to their god, as you said, they'd be grateful their god blessed them and thought them worthy. But, they are proud to be pregnant again. Thus, proud of what they are doing, not happy for what their god is doing.

The whole 'leaving it up to god' think is a crock anyway. If god wants a baby conceived, god will make it happen. Hello, Jesus. But, since Jesus, no child has been born without a physical action between a man and a woman (not counting science, but even at that...it's intentional and an actual action). If you aren't having sex, you won't make a baby. If you have sex, chances are you'll make a baby. I don't know where any god is in all that. Sex-baby, no sex-no baby. One has to occur in order for the other to exist.

You r welcome. Her old blog & husband is what lead to this site. They r both nuts. Her husband had a blog for a while. His Facebook page made my blood pressure go up.

Agreed. I think that of all the fundies, these two are among the most likely to admit they're in over their heads, if that didn't mean automatic judgment from their families and community. Of course they never will because it would show a lack of faith but as you said, their faces say it all. And before she got married, Kristina appeared to be more open-minded than most.

It's sad that they're both probably overwhelmed but can't admit it, even to each other.

Didn't she choose to be a SAHD and super conservative in her teens? Her family and upbringing were more Evangelical than super strict fundie, IIRC. Perhaps they will admit they're in over their heads. I hope so. But, somehow, I think she lacks the self- awareness to do so. She had it before she chose to be uber-fundie, though.

I hope she AT LEAST has health insurance now. Before, even despite her incredibly difficult and complication-ridden pregnancies, only he had coverage because that's all they could afford. I hope with the new insurance laws in place they have received assistance in obtaining insurance for her as well.

Zsu has much easier pregnancies than Kristina, and look how not having insurance turned out there! Kristina's body can't support this, and it will show that eventually. With Kristina, it's not really a question of will something happen, it's just a question of when :(

Didn't she choose to be a SAHD and super conservative in her teens? Her family and upbringing were more Evangelical than super strict fundie, IIRC. Perhaps they will admit they're in over their heads. I hope so. But, somehow, I think she lacks the self- awareness to do so. She had it before she chose to be uber-fundie, though.

I don't believe she chose it. Although she wasn't born fundie, apparently she was saved at the age of 5 or something like that; her whole family found Jesus at the same time. She was homeschooled (I use that term loosely) along with a brother and sister. The sister defected, had a kid out of wedlock, but came back into the fold and married someone from the church and started popping out more babies. The brother 'courted' and married his teenage girlfriend and they're also popping them out, only a bit slower because she seems to have difficult pregnancies and has had a few miscarriages. I think they just had their 4th and they married in 2008. None of the women work. They all wear skirts only (because an Old Navy t-shirt, long denim skirt and tennis-shoes are far more feminine looking than ebil pants and sandald).

All that to say - her parents drank the fundie kool-aid and poured it down their kid's throats as well. Her father put her fucking ring on her finger when she got engaged because her intended wasn't allowed to touch her for christ's sake! She didn't choose the SAHD thing on her own. It was part of her lifelong brianwashing.

None of them is overly bright and these dim bulbs are educating their next generation and drinking the same kool-aid fed to them by their parents. It's all rather pathetic and makes me fear for those who are affected by them in future generations. Kool-aid drinkers who are uneducated bigots are not the kind of people who should be increasing in numbers.

None of them is overly bright and these dim bulbs are educating their next generation and drinking the same kool-aid fed to them by their parents. It's all rather pathetic and makes me fear for those who are affected by them in future generations. Kool-aid drinkers who are uneducated bigots are not the kind of people who should be increasing in numbers.

Yeah, Kristina's story has become my 'exhibit A' as to why the Quiverfull movement is a terrible idea.

She hasn't blogged for ages but has a public FB page -- Everything Nice.

Yet another baby. Sighs. She is still crafting though.

Afterthought: Her old blog was Kristinaskeeps.blogspot.com if you want to refresh your memory.

She had started updating again a few months ago. I was hoping she would keep it up :(

She had started updating again a few months ago. I was hoping she would keep it up :(

Black Aliss corrected me above. Here's her new blog:

Her newer blog, not updated since April, is http://everythingnice2013.wordpress.com/

FWIW, I always found Kristina annoyingly smug, whiny, and marinated in the Koolade. I doubt she'll come to her senses anytime soon.

Maybe not. If that is the case, it's a very new development and not one I'd be likely to believe would last. They like to try things on once in a while to seem more cool than the typical fundie, or whatever their motive is. They always end up right back where they started.

• 4 weeks later...

I noticed this on Kristina's Everything Nice facebook page:

To the FreeJinger peeps who have apparently gotten detailed info about our recent family happenings...the mole will be found out and the record will be set straight on some things. #DefendingMyFamily

I had missed this. She is pregnant again? :cry: Another child who is going to be spanked as a baby and poorly educated. What is she talking about getting info on recent family happenings? She made her pregnancy announcement public. If you don't want people to talk about it, keep it private. She doesn't have to blog publically. I think she actually likes the attention and she gets Christian martyr points if anything she does is criticized.

Maybe this time it will be a nice Bible name like Sarah, Mary, Deborah, Ruth, or Abigail. For a boy she could go with Paul, David, Noah, Jonah, Peter, or Matthew. There are lots of options.

I had missed this. She is pregnant again? :cry: Another child who is going to be spanked as a baby and poorly educated. What is she talking about getting info on recent family happenings? She made her pregnancy announcement public. If you don't want people to talk about it, keep it private. She doesn't have to blog publically. I think she actually likes the attention and she gets Christian martyr points if anything she does is criticized.

Maybe this time it will be a nice Bible name like Sarah, Mary, Deborah, Ruth, or Abigail. For a boy she could go with Paul, David, Noah, Jonah, Peter, or Matthew. There are lots of options.

Everyone on FJ was shocked when she used "Brianna".

Biblical-inspired Hooked on Phonics is more up her alley... Abbygayle or DeBorrah or Dayvid.

Umm, what? Is she referring to FJ discussing her PUBLIC FB?

I believe she is referring to a poster who claims to know Kristina's mom. According to her, K's brother has left his wife and the mother of his 4 children to shack up with someone else. She also claimed that K's dad only just returned, after having left K's mom and (gasp) the church for almost a year. Her parents apparently live in a motel now. So much for courtship and Jebus. Oh, and K and her daughters now wear pants.

I believe she is referring to a poster who claims to know Kristina's mom. According to her, K's brother has left his wife and the mother of his 4 children to shack up with someone else. She also claimed that K's dad only just returned, after having left K's mom and (gasp) the church for almost a year. Her parents apparently live in a motel now. So much for courtship and Jebus. Oh, and K and her daughters now wear pants.

According to K's testimony, this is not the first time her dad has left the family, but last time he came back because Jesus. Is it K's brother or BIL? For some reason, I thought she only had a sister.

Where is this post?

Yes she is. She barely knew her husband 6 months before they married.

With four under four, odds are she still barely knows him.

With four under four, odds are she still barely knows him.

Very true!

I really was in shock that in less then a year she went from Courtship to Marriage that fast. Cause I think her brother had a longer courtship.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic

Archived