IGNORED

Kristina of Keepsakes pregnant and due #4 in March

longskirtlotsakids

• Replies 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't Courtney of Sweet Tea & Buttermilk pregnant with her fifth? THAT'S the reason Kristina's pregnant. It's like Duggars vs. Bates, only recast with younger participants.

Kristina was my first fundy obsession after the Duggars, so I feel a perverse fascination in following her story.

Her whole family looks drawn, worn, and desolate. Her children are all unfortunate looking, but mainly they have no light in their eyes. Perusing her Facebook page, none of them seem to smile EVER, and all have a forlorn look to them, especially the oldest. I suppose that's no surprise, considering she is not even four yet and has spent the majority of her young life trying to protect her siblings from their father's abuse.

Josh just looks...cruel. Like someone I would cross the street to avoid, or go out of my way not to sit next to on a bus or something. Knowing his patriarchal control and violence against his family, that's probably a good choice.

Isn't Courtney of Sweet Tea & Buttermilk pregnant with her fifth? THAT'S the reason Kristina's pregnant. It's like Duggars vs. Bates, only recast with younger participants.

Having babies is not a competitive sport, otherwise it would be in the Olympics!

See, I don't mind that Courtney is having her 5th because, for one, they can afford their kids, and for another, she actually does fun things with her kids. She throws them really fun-looking birthday parties based on what THEY are interested in. Lots of fun outings to museums, camping, the beach, etc. Her Dr. Seuss birthday activities were really cute too. She seems to REALLY enjoy her kids.

Kristina's kids all look like they were plopped in front of a TV all day and given no intellectual stimulation whatsoever. They all look like confused "slack-jawed yokels".

Also, I went back to her mom's blog earlier and looked at some of her posts about Ronnie and Jessica. Their wedding pictures are so depressing. He looks like he couldn't care less! I thought it was interesting that she (Julie) talked about how he was "learning to think about someone besides himself for once". :naughty:

Also, I went back to her mom's blog earlier and looked at some of her posts about Ronnie and Jessica. Their wedding pictures are so depressing. He looks like he couldn't care less! I thought it was interesting that she (Julie) talked about how he was "learning to think about someone besides himself for once". :naughty:

That is all kinds of messed up. So his mom knows that he's a selfish kid (yes, kid) who only thinks of himself, but is totally okay with him getting married while "learning" to think about other people.

Boy, did they fail as parents. Instead of encouraging Ronnie to think for himself and consider the feelings of other people and help him grow and mature into a responsible young man, they allow him to court this poor woman and then marry her. No, not allow. PUSH him into doing it. No wonder this marriage ended up in shambles. I feel for Jessica and those kids. I hope Ronnie makes the effort to support his kids and be there for them.

See, I don't mind that Courtney is having her 5th because, for one, they can afford their kids, and for another, she actually does fun things with her kids. She throws them really fun-looking birthday parties based on what THEY are interested in. Lots of fun outings to museums, camping, the beach, etc. Her Dr. Seuss birthday activities were really cute too. She seems to REALLY enjoy her kids.

Kristina's kids all look like they were plopped in front of a TV all day and given no intellectual stimulation whatsoever. They all look like confused "slack-jawed yokels".

I just went and looked through Courtney's blog and she does seem like she enjoys her children a great deal. It seems like she is organized enough that managing that many small children doesn't upset her. Her children seem happy and non-stressed. She and her husband do so much with those kids. And I have to say that she looks positively radiant for having had a kid every year. There is such a difference between her and Kristina. Kristina and Josh look depressed and overwhelmed. Courtney and her husband do not.

I noticed the same thing comparing Kristina's FB page with that of her sister Michelle.

Michelle has a real smile and her posts (well, the public ones) seem to be mostly of her kids doing things she finds amusing. Kristina has a few posed pictures, that's all. In nearly all of them, she's grimacing. She looks more miserable than Teri from Maxhell.

I have to agree w/ what everyone is saying about Kristina & Courtney. Courtney really seems to want her kids to have fun & do fun things w/ them. While I'm not sure if that is the case w/ Kristina. I think both r influenced by their husband's & Courtney's husband wants his kids to have fun where as Josh does not.

Okay, what ridiculous name do you think she's gonna call this one? Alivyiah, Brogan, Tridger?

Many lulz for the Seriously, So Blessed! reference!

Does Kristina even own a TV?

Kristina just put up pics of her home, kids, and husband.

For someone who relies on welfare and frugal living, she sure has nice leather furniture, a decked out home, and highlighted hair.

You know why families over 2 are unusual, Kristina? Its because so many moms work to PAY FOR YOURS. The day you guys are self-sufficient, we'll stop snarking. But its obvious your family is one helluva hot mess.

I don't know if they own a TV or just watch shows on the computer, but I remember once she posted a picture of the twins (as babies) sitting on the couch and in the caption she mentioned they were watching Blue's Clues or Dora or some idiotic kid's show.

Um..."I do occasionally stop by to read what is being said because y’all have said some things, that if seen by the right people, could get my husband in trouble…such as, ya know, that he is a pervert and a pedophile"

I have not seen anyone calling Josh a pervert or a pedophile. Nor could CPS or the police do anything about it if there wasn't any proof.

She also denies that she was ever on welfare...

Um..."I do occasionally stop by to read what is being said because y’all have said some things, that if seen by the right people, could get my husband in trouble…such as, ya know, that he is a pervert and a pedophile"

I have not seen anyone calling Josh a pervert or a pedophile. Nor could CPS or the police do anything about it if there wasn't any proof.

She also denies that she was ever on welfare...

While I agree that he has never been called a pervert or pedophile here, people generally are not very nice about his looks. True, he is not reallly a good-looking guy (something about his square jaw, methinks) but he cannot help how he looks. Personally, I think he looked better when they were first courting (ya know, that 2 weeks before they were engaged) and he had the goatee. I don't think its nice to snark on his kids' looks either. They are just innocent children. And I think the oldest one looks cute in her glasses. But yeah, K, a forum calling your husband creepy-looking will not get him into "trouble".

Was it Josh's FB page where they mentioned getting government help? I cannot find it now.

I had never read anything about this gal besides seeing her name here, and I finally got curious enough to look. She just linked this on her Facebook

everythingnice2013.wordpress.com/2014/08/15/allow-me-to-answer-some-questions/

I don't understand why she doesn't take her life off the internet. Yes the "friend" came here and revealed that her brother abandoned his pregnant wife and kids, but I don't get why she doesn't make her blog private and locked down all the FB info.

I don't understand why she doesn't take her life off the internet. Yes the "friend" came here and revealed that her brother abandoned his pregnant wife and kids, but I don't get why she doesn't make her blog private and locked down all the FB info.

I totally agree. I wonder if she leaves it public because she feels as though it's her "ministry" or something. Or perhaps she just likes the attention.

I'm now perusing the Sweet Tea blog, and they seem like a sweet family they remind me a lot of a family I know in real life. I especially like one f the photos, the dad is reading the Christmas story to all the kids on the couch, and the way he has his spare arm touching one of the little boys is precious. It's those silly little gestures/touches that speak volumes, IMO.

It sounds like Kristina has realized her parents gave her a horrible education and did not prepare her for real life. I do hope that she does better with her own children and that watching what her brother did to his wife makes her see that her girls need to be prepared to support themselves.

If she was blogging as a ministry I could see it, but it mostly seems like it is just family stuff, so I don't get why she makes it public if it upsets her and she feels could hurt her husband's job opportunities. It would be interesting to read about how the recent family events have impacted her religious views, but I don't think she is going to blog about stuff like that.

"I might have called the police for slander and internet bullying."

I don't why, but this post has me rolling on the floor. I can just picture her...."Hello, is this 911? I'd like to report some mean people. They are talking about me. No, not the voices in my head. But real people. I mean, anonymous people, but I'm pretty sure they are real. They are talking about me on the internet....about my blog. Yes, I have a blog where I speak of my personal life. Why are you questioning me?"

Two interesting things:

1. She speaks of knowing what it is like to have an education that is lacking. Hmmmm, a reference to her less than stellar homeskooling?

2. She doesn't mention her brother or his shenanigans at all. She addresses things that people here have been discussing for years. But as for his supposed infidelity and abandonment of his children, she neither confirms nor denies this.

Edited to add: Also, does it seem long to anyone else that her parents lived in their garage for THREE YEARS? Did I read that correctly. That seems like an awfully long time. I understand folks falling on hard times and needing help getting back on their feet. We've all been there. That just seems like a long time to be living there, unless there was some sort of medical issue with one of them, though that does not seem to be the case. If I was living in my child's garage - no matter how nice it was - my goal would be to get my own small apartment as soon as possible.

And J&K had to ask them to leave. So who knows how long they would have stayed. I wonder if one of these years was when K's dad up and left, so K's mom was garage-dwelling all by herself. Then when K's dad returned, J&K gave them the boot.

One benefit is that I am sure K's mom was a great help to K with all those babies coming at warp speed.

It sounds like Kristina has realized her parents gave her a horrible education and did not prepare her for real life. I do hope that she does better with her own children and that watching what her brother did to his wife makes her see that her girls need to be prepared to support themselves.

If she was blogging as a ministry I could see it, but it mostly seems like it is just family stuff, so I don't get why she makes it public if it upsets her and she feels could hurt her husband's job opportunities. It would be interesting to read about how the recent family events have impacted her religious views, but I don't think she is going to blog about stuff like that.

ITA with all of this. I would add that I'd probably disapprove if she blogged about private family business (her brother's and parents' marriages) except very indirectly.

However, as she has addressed FJ directly some comments:

This post is dedicated to all those wonderful people at Freejinger that are currently…no wait, for the last 5 or 6 years, have been obsessed with my family.

Actually, no. Interest in Kristina waxes and wanes quite a lot here. I find her rather boring. I think she may have been feeling quite neglected by FJ at some points.

y’all have said some things, that if seen by the right people, could get my husband in trouble…such as, ya know, that he is a pervert and a pedophile.

I have no memory of this ever happening. Perhaps this is an exaggeration to gain sympathy from her followers. We've seen that a lot.

Assumptions can get you into a world of trouble and to be honest, if I had thought about it back when it was said, I might have called the police for slander and internet bullying.

Cabinetman redux? Yawns.

#1 The assumption that we are on welfare

Well, O.K. So Kristina says that they have never been on welfare. I'll try to believe that though thousands wouldn't. Speaking for myself alone, it wouldn't trouble me if Kristina and Josh were on welfare for the sake of the children. I hope she used government programs like Medicaid though for the babies' sakes. Wait a second, I'm pretty sure she did. I still wish she and Josh used BC. Or Josh tied a knot in his penis for a year or so.

#2 The assumption that Josh is an arrogant, cruel and violent person

So Josh is just a shy quiet teddy bear who believes in corporal punishment and "training up" a child using disciplinary methods that I detest. I believe that Kristina has documented this herself along with her own adherence to these repulsive practices. I reserve the right to criticize that. If she doesn't want comments on it, then she should stop boasting about it on the internet!

#3 The assumption that I am depressed and unhappy with my life

Perhaps she is happy. Perhaps she's just keeping sweet. She's certainly complained a lot over time. I find her very whiny, but there have been times that she is clearly unwell. She's admitted she is sick frequently and the repeated rapid-fire difficult pregnancies can't be good for her health.

#4 The assumption that my children will be undereducated and never have a chance

Whether my children are homeschooled or go to a school, they will get the best education we can give them. I know what its like to not have the education you need, I will make sure that my kids will be prepared for whatever life my bring them. There are somethings that I will be learning with them I’m sure, but all in all…they will get their education.

Brava! She has admitted to lacking a proper education and has committed to doing better for her children. I wish her the best in that. I'll also take this opportunity to say that I try not to snark on personal appearances, and never on children's looks, so it makes me uncomfortable when others do. Kristina's kids are cute.

#5 The assumption that I am brainwashed and have no control over what I believe

I'm not going to quarrel with the defense here. It gets a big shrug from me. So she is not brainwashed. I usually enjoy when FJ brings out the non-sweet in people like Kristina so I liked the snippiness of this bit.

If you have no love for Him, you can’t possibly understand why I live the way I do.

Damn straight, Kristina. I don't understand the way you live the way you do.

#6 The assumption that my mom and dad lived in our garage in horrible conditions

Well, it was supposedly her mother's friend who came over here with that story. Some friend. We only wondered whether it was true. She's now confirmed that they lived in the garage for 3 years. Oddly enough, to most rational people, and in most states, the conditions described by her would be seen as sub-standard housing and probably illegal.

There are somethings that y’all have talked about that I just can’t and won’t go into for all the world to see. Things concerning my parents, sister and brother.

As I said above, good for Kristina on that.

For anyone else out there reading this that is not freejinger related, this is my only way to contact them and say these things that need said. Please don’t take it as I am just bashing and not handling it right. They need to know that if they continue with their comments, if they get bad enough…it will be handled.

Well at least she didn't say Persecution!!!!!Eleventy!!!!!

But, Kristina, don't tell lies about this blog post being the only way for you to contact FJ. Remember the 9th Commandment!

Kristina has posted at Free Jinger many times in the past. I think her user name was Makestheduggarslookdirty. She posted first to try to explain her beliefs and then, because FJ was rather nice to her, to try to sell us things from her Etsy store. Kristina was rather a pet Fundie for some although she always got on my nerves.

For anyone else out there reading this that is not freejinger related, this is my only way to contact them and say these things that need said. Please don’t take it as I am just bashing and not handling it right. They need to know that if they continue with their comments, if they get bad enough…it will be handled.

How, exactly, will it be 'handled'? What is being done that is illegal? People are discussing things that are public. People are expressing their opinion. Someone came here claiming to be a friend and said other things that were then commented on.

These empty fundie threats are predictible and hysterical. All for the drama. Her blog is not the only way she has of talking to Free Jinger and she, and probably most of her readers, know that. She had a dramatic tantrum on her blog - in public - for the sake of public reaction. Not because she gives a shit about her privacey or #defendingherfamily.

I am not sure how 'it will be handled' because people talking and expressing their opinions of public information, and information given without solicitation, is not anything like illegal or even immoral.

I really just can't stop chuckling. That dramatic post on her blog is the equivalent of a Jr. High temper tantrum when one girl likes a boy but he likes her best friend. Over. The. Top. Drama. All for the sake of garnering attention.

Did anyone see the her latest one. It's from her brother. Saying that "he & Jessica were young & it didn't work out". He also said that Jessica did not tell him about the youngests birth till 3 days after & that he met this Tasha person 2 months after he split w/ him wife.

I get he was young when he married Jessica. But marriage is hard work. Also if they were having problems after child #3 why would have a 4th.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic

Archived