IGNORED

Lifest in Oshkosh WI- fundie lookout?

homeschoolmomma1

My Aunt who lives in Wisconsin asked me today if I wanted her to look out for fundies at Lifest (www.lifest.com) and take pictures. I told her that she didn't really have to since I don't know if the real holy rollers go to a place where Christians play rock music...

What do you all think?

At any festival you are going to come across a wide variety of humanity. There could be some interesting folks!

Wisconsin is such an odd place. I know a good deal of crunchies that live there, and there are also a good deal of run of the mill German Lutheran farm people who are great people but vote conservative. Then there are the Scott Walker fans...

One year, a seventh day Adventist pathfinder vampires was held in Oshkosh... I didn't get to go even though I wanted to at the time.

Maybe Oshkosh just has a big campground?

Shoot. That was a typo... It was supposed to read "camporee," but my phone hates hat word? It was such an interesting autospellwrong I decided to leave it.

EAA Air Venture is coming soon to Oshkosh. Might be some fundie pilots who fly in to see what's going on. If I was going to be in the area I'd head over to OSH and snoop around.

I live in Wisconsin, and have a friend who goes just about every year. I can tell you this is not a fundie event. For one, they play rock and metal music, the head-thrasing kind. There is also pop, folk, rap, etc, and while these bands are 'Christian' bands, most fundies would not approve. This year, Flyleaf and Red Jumpsuit Apparatus are headliners, it looks like. Both are great bands, but Flyleaf has some scream-o elements to it at times. I can see a group of fundies walking in, taking one look, and walking right back out. Definitely there is dancing, and some skimpy clothing as it is very hot in the summertime. My friend said that a lot of people try to 'get' with one another at the event, it's a good way to meet people, so there is some hooking up. She also spotted a few female couples there as well. Honestly, it's more of mainstream event than a religious event, even though there are church and prayer sessions. Let's just say the Duggars won't be guest speakers at this event...

I have high school friends in the area who are posting from Lifest, and I agree that it's not really a fundie event. One friend was thrilled to see Scott Stapp (of Creed) today and posted a pic and he's not exactly a poster child for fundies. It's a Christian event for sure, but I don't think one that would be on fundie royalty's radar.

My husband is there, because our nephew and some of his friends wanted to go but didn't want to take any of their parents as chaperones. I would laugh and laugh if it turned out to be super fundy.

Archived